Card Captor Sakura Clow Card Set

Cerulean

I wondered about such things

I have seen novelty trading cards with Asian characters in a certain Japanese bookstore and asked if they carry tarot sets. No, it was trading cards, they said. I believe they might be collector cards, similar to Lord of the Rings movie playing card sets that I saw at Borders during the time the movies were released...but not really a 'set' that we would name as tarot.

I may be wrong, but that might be the novelty packs Hudson Gray has seen.

Mari H.

Chronata

Or...the cards Hudson Gray saw could be the ones from the CCG...Collectable Card Game...which just adds more confusion to the mix.

But I suppose they can still be read as an oracle...as I have seen others on this forum have luck with CCG oracles.(I told fortunes with a Magic the Gathering deck myself)

The Clow cards I have are definately an oracle though. and they are huge! One of the longest oracle decks I own! :D

Cerulean

This site has layouts, meanings

http://isachan.net/clow2.htm

Chronata, I picked these up at a used bookstore for a few dollars and even if they are childish novelty, I found a site that one can try reading this as an oracle.

I copied the meanings in an email to myself. If you want me to email you a copy for your interest, send me an email through the pm on aeclectic., I'll send it to you in email.

Take care. I'm happy to try them and use my novelty find!

Regards,

Cerulean

December Fairy

Cerulean said:
http://isachan.net/clow2.htm

Chronata, I picked these up at a used bookstore for a few dollars and even if they are childish novelty, I found a site that one can try reading this as an oracle.

I copied the meanings in an email to myself. If you want me to email you a copy for your interest, send me an email through the pm on aeclectic., I'll send it to you in email.

Take care. I'm happy to try them and use my novelty find!

Regards,

Cerulean

Cerluean does not have these meaning anymore.

Does anyone still have them?

Thanks

sagewriter

yes, i am searching for the meanings as well :)

shadowdancer

you can add myself to the list.

I think they can be used as an oracle deck, even if just the key word is used as the trigger for intuition, but I would like to know how each card featured in the story.

I have tried to find a single book which may tell the story in English but it is not easy.

I think these are starting to appear more in mainstream now, as E-bay seems to have loads of them.

Davina

sagewriter

yeah i noticed them all on ebay. kept trying to get them, but was always outbid. i gave up trying, then Chronata majorly kindly sent me a pack! it's already one of my favourites :)

hopefully we'll get more interest in this deck and can have little exchanges and discussions on it.

catti

I gave my daughter this deck years ago as a present. She tried to ruin them and I took them back !!! ( they were all wet )
you can get the manga pretty easily and get an idea on what the cards were based on
the anime CCS was translated into English and put on FoxKids on Sat in the USA, it was toned down but not slaughtered like some fanatic sites will have you believe
any thing can be an oracle ( search :sugar packets: or PM Umbrae) ;)
these cards have a real nice look to them althugh they are very large and cumbersome
~Catti

Chronata

What I love most about this deck, is that when I first found them at a garage sale...I had no idea what they were (nor did I realize that several were missing! There was no box...just a rubber band around them...and I fell in love with them instantly!

The first thing I did was put them into different catagories, and play around with sorting them...I have only done this with a couple of other decks...but it's a great experiment, and it always leads to a closer connection with the cards.

I discovered that these cards have a sweet, and wise personality...but it's childlike (occasionally childish) and full of wonder...making me classify it as a young deck.

I paired it with two other decks I have ...as they seem to be from the same "family" (a word, a symbol...a beautiful illustration!)

They are the youngest sibling in my "Three Sisters" readings...along with teenage sis (the Madame Endora cards) and older college age sister (the Psycards).

They give a sweet and wise child perspective to my readings
(though for some reason, I still prefer my original incomplete deck to my complete one! Go figure...)

Sagewriter...I know I still have the notes that Cerulean graciously sent to me...and as soon as I find them, I will send them to you! :)

Brion

Just be careful with them. The clow is powerful.