Crystal Ball

Agathe

Emily,
You gave me an idea for the next thing I might get. It will be much harder for me however, as I haven't seen any crystal balls in the one and only metaphisical store we have in my city :(

Agathe

P.S. I'm really happy for you :)

zorya

agatha,

does your city have any rock shops or conventions for rock hounds? both are usually cheaper places to get crystal balls than metaphysical/new-age type stores.

i purchased mine from a private collector who sells rocks out of his garage.

in the meantime, scrying with water in a dark colored (non-plastic) bowl, works just as well.

Astraea

Yes, scrying in a bowl of water works very well. Like Zorya, I like the look and feel of spheres, but lately I've been scrying in a one-pointed polished quartz crystal with sheets of clay inclusions that look like a theatrical backdrop; the "characters" seem to appear on a stage. Sometimes a crystal or stone or other medium will unexpectedly call to you, as this one did to me, and it is a perfect fit. Just keep your eyes open, you never know which scrying partner will appear!

poivre

I got this idea from zoryas post.
Has anyone put their crystal ball in a dark colored bowl & then did their scrying?
I must get mine out & start working with it.
Thanks for these ideas on this thread.

Teranar

Jewel-ry said:
I've been hinting for the last couple of weeks aabout how a Crystal Ball would be a greeeaaat Mothers Day pressie! We'll see...its only 4 weeks away.

Uhhhh... I'm guessing mother's day comes much sooner in Britain, because it's not till may here.
My scrying ball's glass, purple cat's eye, and before I got it I used this chunk of crystal I got as a gift from me gypsy godmother.

"I can see my house!"
-Teranar

Aura Wolf

After reading this thread I kind of want one :D It reminded me of being in town a couple weeks ago, and I was browsing the local drug store for whatever it was I needed. They have a large two-sided shelf full of all kinds of stuffed animals and candles and neat gifts and things. They have this glass case at the end with jewelry etc. inside, and I was surprised to look in there and see what looked to me like a small crystal ball in a stand. I was actually quite drawn to it, I remember it being quite pretty and the stand was very unique, although I can't remember what it looked like. I'm now very anxious to go back there and hoping it will still be there. I never checked the price but it's worth having another look at.

Agathe

zorya said:
agatha,

does your city have any rock shops or conventions for rock hounds? both are usually cheaper places to get crystal balls than metaphysical/new-age type stores.

i purchased mine from a private collector who sells rocks out of his garage.

in the meantime, scrying with water in a dark colored (non-plastic) bowl, works just as well.

Thanks and I think there is this rock shop in one of the big shopping centers here :) I'll go and check what they can offer me.

Blessings,
Agathe

Aura Wolf

Question:

What is the smallest size of crystal ball? And how are they measured, ie. straight across, all the way around? I'm just wondering because I can't quite figure out the measurements online, what they mean, and because I want to make sure that the one I saw is actually a crystal ball (not just some kind of strange ornament or something). From what I remember, it was fairly small but "crystal ball" was my first thought.

Edited to add: I sort of found my answer in another thread I found :D

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3752

I didn't know they could be that tiny! Holy smokes...this one wasn't that small so there's a good chance it was indeed a crystal ball. I'll be crossing my fingers that it's still there.

Another question in that case, though. What is the largest size?

purple_scorp

Hey all.
i remember posting not that long ago in a thread about crystal balls, scrying and the like.

I mentioned that I wanted to get a crystal ball and one member suggested Titania's crystal ball kit.

I didn't even know she had one. I searched the net and all the sites I found said sold out (most of them were USA sites - so i didn't hold much hope of finding it in Aus).

But, then, one day....on e-bay....there it was. I had to have it. I put in my bid and crossed my fingers and I won. I won it. I could hardly believe it. When I made contact with the seller, I found out she lived in a small town near my small town. And, we both worked in the same town, so she hand-delivered it. It turns out that she teaches tarot and is a member of this forum. Small world. Hi Sue, if you read this.

So I've cleansed my ball, and so far only looked in it twice and saw colours and clouds. I'm really pleased with it. Titania's book steps you through what do to and has symbol interpretations in the back.

I've done a lot of scrying in a shiny purple piece of paper that I have. Mainly I see faces, and sometimes animals in that. I'm hoping I can transfer this skill into the ball. It's funny before the purple paper, I used to see a lot of images in my third eye. I don't see them much anymore. I kind of look at it all like a progression.

I'd love to participate in a study group if anybody wants to get one going.

Cheers
purple_scorp

Agathe

I might have a dumb question but what exactly does scry mean :confused:? I couldn't find it in my dictionary.

Thanks
Agathe