Deck of the week sign up group - Week 46 - 16 - 23 june 2012

Elendil

I ended up with Medieval Scapini and after the first day I decided, NO WAY! I don't like, no sire, I do not. It is a nice printing (I hear there are some less than optimal printings), but it just doesn't bring anything to the table, and that is a requirement for RWS decks if they want to stay.

So, I have added it to my trade stack ...

I have the god-awful printing of the medival scapini, looks like mud smeared on. Actually going through my decks this week to see what I can trade and that is one of them :p

I am surprised. This is a deck that I have admired for some time. I didn't realise it was a RWS clone (isn't Justice at 8 and Strength at 11 - though maybe that is the only difference?) - and I wasn't aware of printing issues...Can either of you elaborate further...?

:)

Chiska

I did some reading on the boards here and found that there were some where the printing was less than optimal. Mine is quite lovely - the silver highlights are pretty and the printing is bright and colorful. I have never seen the "muddy" version.

It isn't a horrible deck - it is just that I prefer GD/Thoth and have decided that RW style decks must have more to offer. I was so repulsed by it yesterday that I knew I had to give it another chance today. I took it out, shuffled, did a spread, and then just put the cards in order and back in the box. Went to my database and marked it as "For Trade or Sale."

I will actually be doing that with most of my RW style decks (except MRP decks). Even my RW deck will be leaving. I have an older French edition and I like it better, so the regular old RW is marked to go.

Mi-Shell

I am also doing the shadowscapes tarot this week.

Tarot of the Origins, Lo Scarabeo

I wish I had any time for Tarot this week and could pull out these 2 again.....
It would be quite a contrast.... :bugeyed:
I am preparing the National Aboriginal Celebrations for the town of Huntsville and here and I am swamped.... I wrote a little about it on my blog.....

.... hm....

Come to think of it, I neeeeed something to hold onto and do my daily draws... So it may as well be the Tarot of the Origins, an old favorite....

Mi-Shell

I did some reading on the boards here and found that there were some where the printing was less than optimal. Mine is quite lovely - the silver highlights are pretty and the printing is bright and colorful. I have never seen the "muddy" version.

It isn't a horrible deck - it is just that I prefer GD/Thoth and have decided that RW style decks must have more to offer. I was so repulsed by it yesterday that I knew I had to give it another chance today. I took it out, shuffled, did a spread, and then just put the cards in order and back in the box. Went to my database and marked it as "For Trade or Sale."

I will actually be doing that with most of my RW style decks (except MRP decks). Even my RW deck will be leaving. I have an older French edition and I like it better, so the regular old RW is marked to go.
Oh! that sounds as if you may be trading/ selling a lot of decks!
Would you consider putting a $$ sign on the ones that you are ready to release? I would very likely get a few things - or trade for jewelry or... other treasures.....
Thanks!

Mi-Shell

I am surprised. This is a deck that I have admired for some time. I didn't realise it was a RWS clone (isn't Justice at 8 and Strength at 11 - though maybe that is the only difference?) - and I wasn't aware of printing issues...Can either of you elaborate further...?

:)
My cards are definitely soooo blurrrrry that I have trouble making out, finer details on it.
I like the book, but much of the stuff it refers to - where on the card is it?
Are there any better copies?

Chiska

That is a good idea Mi-Shell. As I prepare the list, i will designate them in my profile as possible trade / sales.

I was surprised when I first learned there was a "muddy" copy - I thought mine was quite clear. What I can't see is the details and that is ME and not the deck. I have new glasses coming, and that might help, but even so, I don't think that will change my opinion of the deck.

Penthasilia

Well- keeping in the Celtic themed decks, as well as odd and unusual- my deck for this week will be the Greencraft tarot and will do the Green Man Tree oracle as well. :)

Cassandra022

I'd totally forgotten that I had silver gilted the edges of my shadowscapes. it was a pain to do - now that i picked it up i remember being really tired but having to continue with it before it dried/set and i couldn't wipe of mistakes - but boy does it go well/look nice with those silvery/purple borders...

VGimlet

Cat's Eye and the i-ching Dead Moon for me.

I don't know anything about i-CHing, so this will be an introduction for me. :D

GoldenWolf

I'm doing the Navigators of the Mystic SEA tarot this week. Thanks for starting this!