Deck of the week sign up group - Week 46 - 16 - 23 june 2012

merissa_88

I'm using Today's Journey Tarot this week. I'm liking it so far.

jema

Oh I need to revisit Navigators soon, I loved working with that deck even though the Majors still strike fear in me :p So many details and so overwhelming. The minors are just as deep but I feel that with those and the courts Julia Turk lets the reader get a bit more room.

VGimlet

Cat's Eye is very nice, and I am a little bit intrigued with the I-Ching. I may have to investigate the real one when I finish this week.

Kind of funny I started with the Cat's Eye, when this was the weekend of our DOG club's summer specialty, LOL. But cat's rule over the dogs. Just ask 'em.

Cat*

Since I did absolutely NOTHING with the Wheel of Change Tarot last week, I might just as well do a second week with it, in the hopes of finding a bit more time (and QUIET!!!) to actually use the deck in any way.

Chiska

I am completely not feeling like Tarot this week - and this is why the Intuitive is great! No GD stuff to worry about - just let the cards speak.

The deck is quite beautiful and very easy to read intuitively. I had an interesting reading yesterday and am looking forward to working with the cards this evening.

vee

I am not feeling like Tarot this week---I am in the middle of selling all my things and getting ready to move across the country! Most of my tarot decks are packed already. I might play around with my new Royal Fez though. :)

Mi-Shell

Tarot of the Origins

Oh what joy it is, to draw a card from an old favorite!
It however also reminds me, that at some time - (when I have time)- I still want to write about all the shamanistic - images that show people in worship or contemplation in this deck....

Penthasilia

Wow- so this is VERY cool!

The Greencraft tarot uses the same tree of life associations as the Merlin tarot from RJ Stewart!

In fact- I much prefer the layout of the book with the Greencraft- as the pathways are further explained with each card description- rather than all at the beginning then give it a whirl.

I haven't gotten much further than that- but I found it so incredibly interesting.

Funny- my thought last week was that the Merlin was a great tool for above, the Dream Power for below- and I was searching for a "center"- looks like I may have found one. :D

Nerys

If it's not too late to jump in, I've been using La Corte dei Tarocchi since Saturday.

It's gorgeous and textured and unlaminated and incredibly difficult to shuffle. I'm sure that those square corners will get all soft from use. But it's definitely easy on the eyes.

Penthasilia

If it's not too late to jump in, I've been using La Corte dei Tarocchi since Saturday.

It's gorgeous and textured and unlaminated and incredibly difficult to shuffle. I'm sure that those square corners will get all soft from use. But it's definitely easy on the eyes.

Wow- that is gorgeous!

:( So, I don't like the Greencraft. Sad, cause I wanted to love it. The book rocks, the idea is strong. But I don't like it.

Maybe I am just getting old and cranky- but I really get tired of decks that try to incorporate as many different systems as possible and jam it onto one card. For instance- the Greencraft has- the tree, the animal, the god/goddess, the re-vamped ogham symbol, astrologic correspondences all to ponder and muse with the various interactions in the setting of the tarot card itself which lies within its specific place on the tree of life. And lets not forget that we are discussing British, Irish, Welsh and Norse myths in order to understand the full meaning behind the card.

OK- so not working for me. I find myself getting distracted in a schizophrenic fashion- trying to split apart my thinking process in order to follow each thread, jumble them together in a cohesive fashion and end up forgetting what the *&$$% card meant in the first place! I realize that this deck was a very fruitful labor of some enlightened individual who was able to take multiple different pantheons/systems and work them into a melded realm of higher inspiration to create a powerful deck for those who have done the same. But- not for me. Like I said, I must be getting old and cranky. That squeak you hear??? That is my rocking chair- as I am telling all the kids how in "my day" tarot cards were just tarot cards dang it! And you walked in the snow barefoot to get them, uphill, BOTH WAYS- and you were happy! None of this new, convolutin mish mash. <grumble, grumble> ;)

Which made me think wistfully of the sweet joy and ease of reading with the minchiate that I did just a few days ago for the reading circle. Ahhhh- bliss. The good old days- when they knew how to make a tarot deck. :p

LMAO- BOY, I am old and cranky. :D But- at least I know what I like and don't like- so it will make it easier to chuck out those decks that just do not cut it. Another one for the sale list. :)