Discovering Runes........

rabble

Majecot said:
aaaww Rabble that poor little thing needs some buddies. Gonna make some more of them?

Eventually, (like this reply), yes, I would like to make some more. But it depends on finding the right material - obviously the clay I used last time wasn't right for my runes :)

Majecot

Moonbow* said:
This seemed the appropriate place to send a picture of a bag that Majecot made and sent to me for my runes.......

Thank you Majecot........

You are very welcome Moonbow*! :)

rabble.. with clay the trick is in the temp of your oven and making sure there are no airpockets.. that is what causes explosions ;)
I think you should try again.

Wisp Wings

I made some with clay once and they were lovely. However I didn't use a varnish that was good for this I guess, they always stayed a bit sticky as if they were never dried. That was around a year ago. I hated to, but had to trash these. I loved the look of mine. I had grown these tiny purple flowers and dried the spent flowers. Did that all season long. I added them to the clay, and carved the lettering out with a popcicle stick (cut to a size I wanted and used the width of it too). I added a single, full pressed flower on the backs and then baked. Then turned out so pretty.

Some people believe you shouldn't seal them with any varnish as they are "breathing", taking in energy. They had a soft, powdery feel before the varnishing. I hate that I ruined them with the varnish. I don't live where I did, and so no garden to dried flowers with. I may try to get a few this spring and summer to maybe do this again. I think this time, I will only seal the fronts, if at all.

To get a mental picture of what mine looked like, think of what the dried floral papers look like (you know you see stationary and cards as this sometimes. It was like that look, only these were white-creamish stone. The stones looked like tiny oval biscuits and the lettering was deep into them. I used a gold for the lettering. Ahhhhhhhh I am missing them. Kept them forever before throwing them away.

Moonbow

They do sound lovely Wispwings, and very individual to you. I hope that if you make some more we get to see a picture of them.

I'm afraid I don't use mine.... yet! I intend to but there is always something else that I want to study, I haven't got around to most that I want to do - where does time go?

I just got it into my head one weekend that I should have some and I had to make them myself (or individualise them in some way) instead of going out and buying some. So, pebbles it was.

MystiqueMoonlight

Just admiring everyone's beautiful sets of Runes.

I made mine from deer antler (naturally broken off by the animal). If someone could help me out with how to post a picture here I'd be happy to share them :)

Moonbow

I'll try and help, what do you need to know?

You scroll down to 'Manage Attachments' and then 'Browse' for your picture.

You may need to go to paint to resize it if it's too big.

zorya

great to see you back mystique! :D

i would love to see your set, but i'm afraid only subscribers can add attachments.

MystiqueMoonlight

Oops I better subscribe then :)