Dream Divination 2013-001

celticnoodle

last night I dreamed again of my sister (same one as before), and my cousin and I being together. My cousin was invited to this very special and exciting dance by a very sought after, good looking young man. She accepted the invitation and she spent the night with my sister and I at our parents home.

My father had to take her to this dance, and it was all very posh. For some reason, I went along as well. the whole dream didn't really make much sense at all. I didn't go to the dance/party, but just stayed in a room that was assigned to my cousin. I think in the dream I also helped her to get all dressed up and what not.

So, she goes off to the dance, to which my father took her--and I imagine she 'met' her young man there. However, we were all adults in this dream--not young kids. anyway, while she was gone, I took a nice long shower and bath and did my hair and just pampered myself in this room. She came home after the dance, and I guess some extra 'partying' had gone on, to which only my father and I were priveledged to know about. Nothing that was in bad taste really. I remember this cousin telling me all about it and how my father told her to not let her own father know anything about it. She asked me, "do you think I should listen to him?" I remember telling her "Yes, you should. Your father will never find out." Then I recall each of us sharing our experience that night with each other. Like it was a big deal for me to pamper myself inside this "room" which was not much better really then a nice hotel room, but in the dream seemed like such an exciting thing for me.

My father was only 'there' to deliver the cousin to the party and back to where I waited for her. It was almost as if she were a princess or something, though she was not in the dream, and like I was there to 'serve' her. :laugh: all very odd.

YDM42

last night I dreamed again of my sister (same one as before), and my cousin and I being together. My cousin was invited to this very special and exciting dance by a very sought after, good looking young man. She accepted the invitation and she spent the night with my sister and I at our parents home.

My father had to take her to this dance, and it was all very posh. For some reason, I went along as well. the whole dream didn't really make much sense at all. I didn't go to the dance/party, but just stayed in a room that was assigned to my cousin. I think in the dream I also helped her to get all dressed up and what not.

So, she goes off to the dance, to which my father took her--and I imagine she 'met' her young man there. However, we were all adults in this dream--not young kids. anyway, while she was gone, I took a nice long shower and bath and did my hair and just pampered myself in this room. She came home after the dance, and I guess some extra 'partying' had gone on, to which only my father and I were priveledged to know about. Nothing that was in bad taste really. I remember this cousin telling me all about it and how my father told her to not let her own father know anything about it. She asked me, "do you think I should listen to him?" I remember telling her "Yes, you should. Your father will never find out." Then I recall each of us sharing our experience that night with each other. Like it was a big deal for me to pamper myself inside this "room" which was not much better really then a nice hotel room, but in the dream seemed like such an exciting thing for me.

My father was only 'there' to deliver the cousin to the party and back to where I waited for her. It was almost as if she were a princess or something, though she was not in the dream, and like I was there to 'serve' her. :laugh: all very odd.

To see your cousin in your dream represents something or some aspect of your character that is somewhat familiar. Perhaps you need to spend more time in cultivating and developing some emerging ability or character

To see a hotel in your dream signifies a new state of mind or a shift in personal identity. You are undergoing some sort of transition and need to move away from your old habits and old way of thinking. You need to temporarily escape from your daily life. Alternatively, the dream may imply a loss in your personal identity.

To dream that you are taking a bath signifies a cleansing of your outer and inner self. You are washing away the difficult times. This dream may also be symbolic of ridding yourself of old ideas, notions, opinions, and other negativities. Your dream may be pointing toward forgiveness and letting go.

This ties into to KristalKitty's dream dealing with the past and negative thinking, also that I feel my time is running out to cultivate these changes. Downunderz dream of the time clock.

krystalkitty

thanks for looking up the house and basement...I find it fascinating how all our dreams interlink to back up the meanings of each other.

celticnoodle

I had another dream too. My dreams seem to constantly feature family lately. Anyway, in this dream, we were all at my parents home, (but it was not my parents home). The neighbors next door were having a birthday party for the woman of the house and there were a lot of people in their backyard and they were having quite the party.

Our family, of course, was invited, but apparently I was not. However, I didn't really 'live' there anyway, was just visiting, so it could've been that. Anyhow, I walk into the kitchen and there is my mother getting ready to go somewhere. I ask her "are you going to the party?"

"No, I'm not, but I'm getting far away from them. I don't like those people." it was she replied. (sounds just like mom). so she takes off. with that, I peek out the window at the party and I see my sister sitting at a table w/others and having a grand ol' time as is everyone else there. they bring out a HUGE cake just then, loaded down with candles, even though the woman is not much older then myself and her hubby is still cooking hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill--everyone just having a great time.

Some young children from the party come over to my mothers home, apparently to see some toy and my sister is telling them to ask me about it. My brother, who is also with me, picks up my Bozo doll and thinks that's the toy they want, (it was not) and I keep trying to take it from him. I end up picking up a wood carving to show them, and it was of my father, in his younger days, however, he's dressed up like Fred Flintstone. (same clothes). now in real life that also does NOT exist. that's not the toy they are after either. then, I wake up.

really weird dream over all. the main focus of it seems to have been the party mentioned above, and some toy. now in real life, I did and still do have a bozo the clown doll. :laugh: but we do not have a wood carving of my father.

celticnoodle

yes, upon reading everyone's dreams, it seems to really focus a lot on family and then self worth and how to let go of the past and how to handle the future.

as for my cousin that I dreamed of. she & I were never close. She was always a very spoiled brat, to the point of meanness and she has grown up to be fairly much the same way as an adult too. Both her parents are now deceased, but she is married with two children of her own. very 'hoity-toity' if you know what I mean and thinks she is above everyone else. She has very little to do with anyone in the family--mostly, I think because she feels above us all. if that give you an idea of who she is for someone in your own life.

As for my dad, he is just as he seems in all my dreams. happy go lucky and always there to help out whomever. very loving. my one sister and brother & my mom, are showing up just as they are in real life too. not sure if this helps you or not.

glad to see you are also using a dream guide to help you. I use them as well and they are of an immense help. So, one more night of dreaming for you. I hope we continue to have dreams that you can identify.

Fortuna

Is there another thread for the question and responses?

Here goes this is my question:

How can I accomplish / attain the things I want most in life? Simple things for most people that have been such a struggle for me. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi YDM42,

I was watching Korean Dramas and this may have influenced my dream, but my dream was of a Korean Lady sitting in front of a large short table that dominates the room. Although she did not speak, She showed me she was thinking about a house. I don't remember if it was a two story (kind of leaning towards this) or not, but was light in color.

The low table is very important in the Korean culture from what I have seen. It's where they eat their meals, where they gather to talk with the family, do work and homework. It's a center point.

Are you looking into a house?

YDM42

No, I am not looking for a house, but might have some issues with where I am living. However as it relates to the question, I am more of a hermit, comfortable at home and every bodies dreams are including people...LOL>..so I guess I need to be more social, the lady in your dream might have been pointing to house, and the fact that I'm mostly house bound, since she was also alone. I also have a degree in Architectural Design and Construction, Interior Design and Art Studio, maybe she telling me to focus on construction again, and not put more time and effort in Web design or graphic design./....I will certainly let you know if this is the field I end up getting a job.

Mellaenn

Hello, YDM42 and fellow dreamers: Apologies for not being around sooner!

I started the week with a focus on you and woke up with the words "Hit the reset button" going around in my head and felt it was meant for YDM42.

But we are working incredibly long hours this week and I am just pitching myself in to the bed at night and conking out. if I am dreaming at night, I haven't been able to hold on to any of them. Maybe tonight or tomorrow night.

In the meantime, I am amazed at how relevant the dreams are that the group is sharing. This is a really cool thing!

Mellaenn

Since I have not been able to contribute in the way of dreams as yet, I wanted to share an impression I got when reading this dream.

I think this dream may have specific reference to you, YDM42, and your intentions to accomplish the things you want most in life. In Celticnoodle's dream there are representations of people going about doing things they want to do in life, whether it's go to the Big Dance or stay at home and pamper oneself, but notice that in order to do these things, one must move past 'the father authority'. Is it possible that things you are interested in and passionate about are not acceptable or maybe not well-rewarded in the male-dominated in which we live? (Don't tell father!)

But Celticnoodle, in your first dream you walked outside with your sister and you were each ready to 'move out into life' in your own vehicles, but instead you came back inside to be with your father. There is love there, and reverence, but now you are in the restaurant with 'the past' so to speak and unable to move forward. So maybe on a subconscious level the part of us that wishes to please our father needs to be dealt so you can move on.

Also, notice that the one who went to the dance, the cousin, 'accepted the invitation'. Life is calling; will you answer?

Just my two cents, but I had that strong impression so thought I would share it. :)

YDM42

Hello, YDM42 and fellow dreamers: Apologies for not being around sooner!

I started the week with a focus on you and woke up with the words "Hit the reset button" going around in my head and felt it was meant for YDM42.

But we are working incredibly long hours this week and I am just pitching myself in to the bed at night and conking out. if I am dreaming at night, I haven't been able to hold on to any of them. Maybe tonight or tomorrow night.

In the meantime, I am amazed at how relevant the dreams are that the group is sharing. This is a really cool thing!

Interesting. I have that phrase in my mind now.