Eclectic World Deck

Ankou

Hi folks,

If you've been watching the Talking tarot thread "Where are the brown people"

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=47712

Then this is the spot. If you haven't been following that thread, this is a thread for the creation of a collaborative deck. We want to represent all shades of humanity in a modern tarot. Perhaps it's a bit grand of a concept, but one that wants exploration none the less.

We intend to start with the majors and see how far we get. Feel free to make a card and jump in. I'm adament about anyone being able to play so that we get the widest variety possible. This is not the official AT deck.
This is an experiment in polychromatic figurative Tarot.

(Moderators please let me know if I am steping on toes by starting a collaborative deck here, I mean no offence to this wonderful forum or it's beautiful and hansome mods :D )

I'll be posting a card as soon as I draw it, tonight, with coffee, alot of coffee, rats I hate these manic obsessive times... grrr...

I'm making coffee now,

Love and Light,

Ankou

NightWing

Hope Springs...

...at the thought that you have now had a dose of coffee, Ankou!

Now, what I'm wondering is whether there is any contribution to this worthy project that those of us who are (ahem)..."artistically challenged" can make?

(And no, I can't open a Publishing House somewhere in Africa!)

Cerulean

Here's the collage and shared photo idea...

...there's a photo that you probably have in mind for a perfect character, a mood...or you can take a photo. Or you can collect images and collage them...

Just to start if you don't want to draw.

Hope you find some things to inspire you!

Cerulean

Ankou

Hey beautiful Village, NightWing and Cerulean!!!

OK I've had some coffee, an argument with a friend about symbols and their geographic context being important to their meaning ect... and I'm happy to say a have an initial drawing to post! Yeah!

It's not terribly complicated but it's a jumping point, quite literally as I've drawn the fool :)

And yes Cerulean is right there with me! Take a photo of yourself or someone else, play dress up, its loads of fun! Or cut magazine images and put them together, just make stuff, thats all artists really do, and some of it comes out worth showing :D usually not much of it in my case...

Without further ado,
(edited to add: Well some further ado as that file didn't work :) )

The Fool on a Full Moon night... Kinda Like tonight, with her spirit guide nipping at her locks...

Attachments

• the_fool paint.JPG
    the_fool paint.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 150

Tk2dsky

The Moon

This is a great idea! I was inspired so here is my attempt at the moon:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/tk2dsky/scan0021.jpg

Is this what you are looking for, or are you wanting something more modern?
I also assume that duplicate cards are great! I'd love to see other interpretations of the moon.

B*B
Ericka

Ankou

Hey Ericka,

Thanks so much for jumping in! I'm just talking about an eclectic world, representing, well, everyone. I'm curious to see what people submit to a deck of this title and style. And of course I'm thrilled that someone else has posted so soon!

She's lovely! I really like the Mesa's as the two tower representations. And yes I think it's modern enough. I know several Native Americans who still wear their braids proudly. And the dress and jewelry are not ritual dress they are just enough to show a faith and a history... Is that a squash blossom necklace?

Absolutly wonderful!

Love and Light,

Ankou

Simone

Ankou,

wonderful idea :) I jumped to get paper and pen but will have to mull a bit over my idea...

Ericka, i like your card, but unfortunately, i can't see the fool, my browser sais it cannot open the attachment because it contains errors?

I'll be back soon ;)

Simone

Ok, so here I finally am - doing the card was not a problem, but finding a way to resize and crop the scan..... I hate photoshop, I admit... finally downloaded a freeware program that satisfies my needs.

Please see attached my view of the

[size=+3]Page of Wands[/size]

He has been inspired by the impressive Japanese drummers

What do you think?

Attachments

• Page of Wands.JPG
    Page of Wands.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 158

Arcana

What an excellent project! I can't wait to see what beautiful and inspired cards will turn up here! A deck where all sorts of different cultures are represented, and made by all sorts of different artists, probably even using different media... Ericka, that's a beautiful moon you've created! And Simone, I love your page of wands too! But Ankou... I'm sorry to say I couldn't open your Fool. :( And I'm so curious! Anyway, I really hope I'll be able to see it later. In the mean time, keep up the good work everyone! :)

Sophie

this is exciting!

But I need help here. I can't draw, I don't have a camera...and though I have many pictures I've collected on the net I don't know how to make a collage on a computer. Can anyone tell me how it's done without photoshop?