Eclectic World Deck

mythos

Just thought of another couple of paintings that I thought might work as cards:

The first is actually part of a larger painting, and the second has no elemental attribution.

Also, I added a rough Hangedwoman that I did for National Postcard Week for another group. Not much good.

mythos:)

Attachments

• page of earth.jpg
    page of earth.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 112
  • queen of.jpg
    queen of.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 115
  • hangedwoman.jpg
    hangedwoman.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 110

Shade

Attachments

• jonbows.jpg
    jonbows.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 98

Shade

Possible Queen of Wands (has someone already submitted one?)

from www.wizards.com

Attachments

• Glorious Servitor.jpg
    Glorious Servitor.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 107

hannahma

multiracial collaboration

Folks on Tallking Tarot were suggesting someone do a collaboration deck with more images of brown skinned and other nonwhite people. I posted a photo of an African friend as a possible image. Here are a couple more from Zimbabwe:

Trust Ndlovu, headmaster at Silozwe and Lewis, the math teacher: a partnership theme?
Walking to school: Lovers?
Baby Loveness being fed: ace of cups?
Elizabeth and her conjoined twins, since separated in Canada and now at home in Zimbabwe and doing well: Empress?

Attachments

• trust.jpg
    trust.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 106
  • walktoschool.jpg
    walktoschool.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 102
  • babyloveness.jpg
    babyloveness.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 94
  • elizabeth2.jpg
    elizabeth2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 97

MareSaturni

It sounds such a greta idea! I live in Brazil wich means we have lots of different cultures...from very white to very black and very oriental and mix of it all ;)

I think it'd be nice to make it a collage deck so you could mix a lot...but i don't know, it's your idea ;)
The African pictures are so beautiful hope you find more of them!

~Yuko~

ShekinahMoon

The Tarot of the Ages is a good multiracial deck which is why I bought it. The Batons are from Africa, the Swords are from Europe, the Cups are from South America and the Coins are from India. The Major Arcana are Egyptian. I like the use of the ancient cultures of each nationality.

Personally, I would love to see a deck of faces that look like me (I'm African American) but not necessary done with an African tribal theme. I love fantasy art and would like to see a Tarot deck of fantasy but with brown skin. I bought the Voodoo deck because the images look like me and I like the mystery of Voodoo but I would like to see decks that are not limited to "traditional" images of brown skin.

Mellifluous

This was such a wonderful idea! :) Pity it seems to have come to a halt - and that some of the links no longer work.