Feedback Please - My First Tarot Deck

Star-Willow

Riverdancer, I am in love, she is stunning!! The look on her face, to me, says that she is quite focused on what she has to do and that she has thought about what the outcome of her actions will be. Even the rope she holds, It seems as though she is comfortable with what she has decided. I see a secret path behind her, could this allude to a possible direction? The colours of the plants are perfect, the colour of her hair and skin, it all blends in with the overall colour of the card.

Glad to see another card to your deck, I was only wondering how you were going just the other day :)

:heart:

frelkins

i like this card too. what i also like are the size of the images. for example, the lovers -- i wish the final cards could be exactly that nice big size. do you plan to further adjust the tones of the cards so they will all have a rather similar "look" to the colors and atmosphere or do you plan to leave them as diverse as they are now?

Jewel

Beautiful work! I like the first choice for Empress, the second one screams "queen" at me. The third choice looks like it would belong in a different deck, perhaps because it is a darker image.

What I like about the 1st choice as the Empress is that she radiates an inner power which I find very appropriate for a major arcana card. Her golden tones associate her with earth and fruitfullness. She seems to have strength of spirit, and a maternal side. Those are Empress qualities to me.

I know you have had several suggestions of using the second one as a Queen of Cups, but I would consider her as a Queen of Pentacles. She is in lavish surroundings, and elementally I associate queens with water, with the main element of the suit having a stronger influence on that. So what I see is a senstive (water) side to the Queen of Pentacles (indor lavish surroundings and the ghost rose). I also associate the Queen of Pentacles closely with the Empress - sort of the daily expression of her in people. This second image you posted tells me that.

It will be interesting to see the Emperor you choose, I agree that that will help you make your final decision.

The Death card is gorgeous! Do not do anything else to it *LOL*.

The Ace of Swords left me curious. She seems to be leaning or resting on a staff and holding a mirror from which light is reflecting. The background is also quite dark. I would love to hear more about how you came to this design saying "Ace of Swords" to you so that I can look at it from a different perspective. I love the upraised hand and almost expected to see a sword in it, which in a manner of speaking would go back to those aces that show a hand with a sword in it, but this time revealing who holds the sword.

I really like the deck so far, and thank you for allowing us an opportunity to comment and ask questions. I look forward to seeing more.

shotthebreeze

Beautiful deck. I like the Victorian feel...very classy!

Riverdancer

jackdaw* said:
Oh my!

for the Empress - I prefer the first one.

These are beautiful, I would love to see you continue with the full deck!

It is going slowly, but surely, Jackdaw. Thank you so much for your encouragement. I will do all the cards, no matter how long it takes me. :D

I look forward to reading more of your feedback.

Riverdancer

Star-Willow said:
Riverdancer, I am in love, she is stunning!! The look on her face, to me, says that she is quite focused on what she has to do and that she has thought about what the outcome of her actions will be. Even the rope she holds, It seems as though she is comfortable with what she has decided. I see a secret path behind her, could this allude to a possible direction? The colours of the plants are perfect, the colour of her hair and skin, it all blends in with the overall colour of the card.

Glad to see another card to your deck, I was only wondering how you were going just the other day :)

:heart:

Hello dear Star Willow,

So kind of you to drop by again. :D

It has been very slow going, but each card is materializing as it will. I do so appreciate all the feedback I'm receiving. It helps me so much.

I'm glad you understood my Ace of Swords. The quest for clarity and its importance as a stabilizing force in our lives is what lead me to choose this image. She is serious, but holds up the illuminating light of truth.

I do hope you will keep looking in. Your spiritual encouragement has been wonderful. My Ace of Cups is next...

:love:

Riverdancer

frelkins said:
i like this card too. what i also like are the size of the images. for example, the lovers -- i wish the final cards could be exactly that nice big size. do you plan to further adjust the tones of the cards so they will all have a rather similar "look" to the colors and atmosphere or do you plan to leave them as diverse as they are now?

Thank you, Frelkins, for stopping by. :D

I definitely want them 95 x 140mm which will be a problem, of course, unless I publish them myself. My Majors will be as they are. I will try for more uniformity within each Minors suit, but we shall see. It seems these cards are creating themselves. I seem to be making decisions, but not really, if that makes any sense.

Riverdancer

Jewel said:
Beautiful work! I like the first choice for Empress, the second one screams "queen" at me. The third choice looks like it would belong in a different deck, perhaps because it is a darker image. What I like about the 1st choice as the Empress is that she radiates an inner power which I find very appropriate for a major arcana card. Her golden tones associate her with earth and fruitfullness. She seems to have strength of spirit, and a maternal side. Those are Empress qualities to me.

Thank you so much, Jewel, for stopping by and sharing your invaluable opinion with me. It means a lot to me. I'm waiting for the Emperor to reveal himself, but I do see what you mean about the first Empress. There is a quiet inner strength to her. She is not forbidding, but yet powerful in some way.

I know you have had several suggestions of using the second one as a Queen of Cups, but I would consider her as a Queen of Pentacles. She is in lavish surroundings, and elementally I associate queens with water, with the main element of the suit having a stronger influence on that. So what I see is a senstive (water) side to the Queen of Pentacles (indor lavish surroundings and the ghost rose). I also associate the Queen of Pentacles closely with the Empress - sort of the daily expression of her in people. This second image you posted tells me that.

This is really very interesting. Queen of Pentacles rather than Queen of Cups... The lavishness does suggest opulence ... material... . Yes, the Queen of Pentacles and the Empress. I see that completely. Food for thought... Thank you!

It will be interesting to see the Emperor you choose, I agree that that will help you make your final decision.

I'm waiting for him. He's 'percolating' at the moment.

The Death card is gorgeous! Do not do anything else to it *LOL*.

I'm so glad you like this card. It continues to be my personal favourite.

The Ace of Swords left me curious. She seems to be leaning or resting on a staff and holding a mirror from which light is reflecting. The background is also quite dark. I would love to hear more about how you came to this design saying "Ace of Swords" to you so that I can look at it from a different perspective. I love the upraised hand and almost expected to see a sword in it, which in a manner of speaking would go back to those aces that show a hand with a sword in it, but this time revealing who holds the sword.

I associate swords with seeing the truth or reality clearly. The Ace of Swords represents, for me, our quest for clarity and its importance as a stabilizing force in our lives. She holds up the illuminating light of truth while holding a rope which like trees, ladders and spider webs, stands for the desire to ascend in some way, always bringing light to obscurity, no matter how difficult the journey through the heart of darkness.

I really like the deck so far, and thank you for allowing us an opportunity to comment and ask questions.

It is I who thank you for taking the time to ask questions and to provide me with very insightful comments. I value your experience, and hope I may count on more of them from you.

I look forward to seeing more.

Thank you, Jewel. Very inspiring. I will continue to share them with you, here.

:love:

Riverdancer

shotthebreeze said:
Beautiful deck. I like the Victorian feel...very classy!

Thank you, Shotthebreeze!

I am glad you are enjoying it, so far. Yes, I have always loved Victoriana. I am taking this creative process slowly, but am determined to see it through, especially in the company of such travelling companions as yourself.

Riverdancer

Here is my Ace of Cups:

aceofcupswithwatermarkgs8.jpg

The cards are being create with the required 6.53mm margin for bleeding, so the actual cards should be, if all goes well, 140 x 95mm. Because of the 300 resolution, images will appear much bigger than they will be, once the cards are printed.

In this case, at the bottom, the card should end where there is a line under the pool of water. :)

Questions, comments, advice and all manner of feedback is, as always, very much appreciated. Thank you.