FOX and SNAKE . HELP !!

ana luisa

I've decided to seriously start practising my Lenormand reading and got stuck on these two beauties. I know this question is a bit too vague but inherently, was is the basic difference between the Fox and the Snake ? Btw, I do not read Fox as work or business. Both are described as dangerous, double-faced, manipulative, false. What gives ?

CosmicBeing

Fox is not always devious. The fox is a very intelligent animal...good at planning out actions or thinking a few steps ahead of others. In addition the card is connected to investigating something/someone or doing whatever self has to do to provide for family.

Snake is more two face than Fox... there is a saying in america (not sure if said in your country, but) it goes "A snake in the grass." Meaning someone who is like wolf in sheep clothing...very devious and easy to make you think they are a good person. Alternatively...I always connect snake with problems I never really see the lying meaning come up much except a few times and the mistress/mrstress meaning is also rare.

I would see it as Investigating (fox) a problem (snake)

Hope this helped a bit.

Genna

I saw an informative youtube video about this by donnaleigh. Unfortunately, I can´t link to it, but you can easily look it up. Both Snake and Fox are liars, but Fox is putting on a mask or costume, trying to charm and manipulate his way into others giving him what he wants. He makes you think you will win by doing what he says, so the snake in the Garden of Eden is really a Fox. The Wolf in Little Red Riding Hood is a Fox, as are Jack Sparrow and some politicians.
The Snake doesn´t have as much intelligence, or is too aggressive to don a cloak. It lashes out to hurt you, spreads lies about everybody in the office so that nobody believes it anymore, Cinderella´s step-mother is a Snake, saying that Cinderella is too low and dirty to be allowed to try on the glass-slipper. It is more open in it´s attacks, and easier to see through.
Many people go back and forth between being the Snake and Fox, like Scar does in The Lion King. You can practise , when looking at films and reading books, to tell when persons are being Foxes or Snakes. I would say Mr Alfred Jingle in The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens is a Fox, and Uriah Heep in David Copperfield by the same author is mostly a Fox but goes back and forth a bit when he is openly triumphant or so angry he cannot control himself he turns into a Snake.

Barleywine

I remembered something from the binder I put together two or three years ago. It may have come from Andy Boroveshengra's old blog or one of the others I found at the time:

"When the Fox deceives you, he is smart and cunning. It may be hard to detect, initially. When the Snake deceives you it is more obvious, you may see it coming, but you get snake-bitten anyway."

ThtDancerGuy

I've decided to seriously start practising my Lenormand reading and got stuck on these two beauties. I know this question is a bit too vague but inherently, was is the basic difference between the Fox and the Snake ? Btw, I do not read Fox as work or business. Both are described as dangerous, double-faced, manipulative, false. What gives ?

Fox is sly, manipulative. The Fox does not reveal his intentions, he causes distress and trouble from the sidelines. The Snake can go either way, though in my experience the Snake is more "in your face" and overtly malevolent. But the Snake is a little easier to deal with because as Rana George says in her book, "You can pick up a snake and move it off of your path," wheres the Fox's cunning deception is sly and methodical, you won't see it coming and you might not know from where it is originating. That's just what I have come to realize about these two cards. Either way, they are both negative cards and color the cards around them in a negative hue, so don't forget that.

Also, as CosmicBeing above said, the Fox is not always negative, just as the Snake is not always negative; it all depends on the context in which the cards are appearing. The Fox as a neutral card is very smart and wise and shrewd – still cunning, but not necessarily in a negative way. The Snake in a neutral light can be seen as sexy and slinky, it can be someone literally flexible and can bend their body like a contortionist. That's why it is SO important to remember the context of the question you are asking. If you ask about physical appearance and you see the Snake, it is NOT telling you the person is a bad person or a liar because you're not asking about their character, you're asking about their physical appearance, so the Snake is describing ONLY what they physically look like.

tarotlova

All of the above, but sometimes you have to become like the Fox, sly & cunning to get at the truth of the matter, Snake stay silent and strike quickly.

Bonny

Great conversation - just a little point (has it been made? I'm not sure) ... that Snake has sometimes referred to a woman with dark hair ...

Genna

Also, as CosmicBeing above said, the Fox is not always negative, just as the Snake is not always negative; it all depends on the context in which the cards are

Thank you for mentioning this, when I wrote "the fox and the snake are both liars" I thought only of their negative meanings, because I thought that was what the question was about. My friend is charming like a Fox, but not in a bad way. A Snake can be a female doctor.
I also mentioned people from literature like Sparrow and Jingle who have good qualities too, but are sometimes being manipulative Foxes. Even Heep is a good son.

DownUnderNZer

FOX: With this type you will never suspect the person and/or see it coming if s/he does choose to act out. And even then!

S/he is a con to the extreme and clever in her/his underhandedness and can manipulate easily without being detected.

E.g. Ted Bundy, Frank Abagnale, Aurora Floretina Magnusson.

SNAKE: With this type you have an idea and would suspect s/he is capable of "striking" at anytime and being nasty or causing trouble.

E.g. Caligula, Hitler.

DND :)

Genna

Very good point, DownUnderNZer!