FOX and SNAKE . HELP !!

ana luisa

OMG!! SO many replies :) THANK YOU so much for your input !!! I guess I know now how different they are. It's basically on HOW they approach the "victim", how they get to what they want. Hmm... Will have to rearrange my brains now because I tend to see the Snake as deviations because of its sinuous look. ;) I just realized there's still tons I have to learn. So much for believing Lenormand was easier/simpler than Tarot !

Padma

Sometimes the cards are also extremely literal. I have had Fox and Snake show up to represent that a red-headed labourer (Fox) was going to come to fix a plumbing issue (Snake, the pipes). I've also seen a situation where Fox/Snake actually turned out to represent red flowers (Fox) and a gift of a bracelet. (Snake)

I've also had Whip and Snake represent a reoccurring (Whips) problem with the serpentine (timing) belt in my car engine. ;) I don't think you could possibly get more literal than serpentine belt for Snake, except for an actual snake, perhaps!

danieljuk

it really depends on the context of the reading and / or combination.

A Fox could be good in career or work, cunning could really advance your career and also it can represent independent working but it's not a positive card for love because it's completely untrustworthy. As well as being devious and sneaky, it's clever and cunning. In a love reading, the deception would be quite deliberate!

A Snake can also represent women or a wise woman to you and also medicine (venom and the Greek snake health connotations). The Snake to me is not as negative as the Fox. I like the idea as well it represents a detour, like the curving of a snake completely is not a straight path to what you want. In a love reading it represents to me a love rivalry, that is different to love deception or unfaithfulness. Yes a person could be a snake in love but it's not as deliberate as the Fox. Snakes in nature can be useful to us, they kill parasites and small rodents. Their venom is bad if we are bitten or we get squeezed by a snake but their venom is also harvested for medicine in some places. For me it's more neutral as a card.

ana luisa

Sometimes the cards are also extremely literal. I have had Fox and Snake show up to represent that a red-headed labourer (Fox) was going to come to fix a plumbing issue (Snake, the pipes). I've also seen a situation where Fox/Snake actually turned out to represent red flowers (Fox) and a gift of a bracelet. (Snake)

I've also had Whip and Snake represent a reoccurring (Whips) problem with the serpentine (timing) belt in my car engine. ;) I don't think you could possibly get more literal than serpentine belt for Snake, except for an actual snake, perhaps!

I know what you mean about being literal :D I already got the Snake for intestinal problems. Long and winding allright LOL Btw, I hope you don't mind me adding your associations to my writing notes. This list is becoming an enciclopedia !

Padma

I know what you mean about being literal :D I already got the Snake for intestinal problems. Long and winding allright LOL Btw, I hope you don't mind me adding your associations to my writing notes. This list is becoming an enciclopedia !

For sure, please do write them down! I know what you mean about intestinal problems with Snake, and I have had Snake with Mice to show it was something I ate - as well as House at the end, saying, stuck at home due to intestinal problems from something I ate! :p You are correct when you say these cards are much more complex than they first appear!