Gilded Reverie Lenormand Video Review by Donnaleigh DeLaRose

greatdane

Just an fyi re lamination

Love this deck, love the shine, but I like to cut a deck a lot and it was a bit sticky to me. So I have been rubbing each card on towels, a pair of jeans, and over time, it's sooo much better and it still has the gloss. The cards just slide more easily. Takes time to break in but then I broke in Place's Vampire Tarot so anything is possible :) (and btw that's a GREAT deck! Just took some breaking in.)

Melia

I am still waiting for my clear ID card holders to arrive via ebay. These will be cut down on two sides, stuck to the board (see attached photos) where the cards can just slot in. End result? A portable, storable, displayable, GT board :)

Very nice job with the folding board shadowdancer - practical if you need to keep a spread, but maybe a cloth works better if a person wants to quickly look at where each card falls in the spread (i.e. in the dog position, ring position etc.) esp. if they're not good at remembering house placements, or are new to Lenormand. What did you use to make your board?

starchaser1277

I ordered my copy from amazon on monday should arrive before Saturday I'm so excited!

WolfyJames

I ordered my copy from amazon on monday should arrive before Saturday I'm so excited!

You're lucky!!! I ordered mine 2 weeks ago at Amazon.ca and it still says that it's out of stock :(.

shadowdancer

I used a couple of of lightweight plastic corrugated sheets from the local stationary store, and some glitter decals to adorn it. Total cost was $11 NZ.

I take your point about the house positions.... thus the fact I do have a 2nd deck on order from BD :) So, I could always leave one in situ on the board in numberical / house position order and have that as a wall display. I just cannot justify spending the money on the spread cloth which already has the house positions.

And to do a GT, I have a 2nd deck I can shuffle up and layout by sliding inside those card holders when they arrive.

Melia

I take your point about the house positions.... thus the fact I do have a 2nd deck on order from BD :) So, I could always leave one in situ on the board in numberical / house position order and have that as a wall display. I just cannot justify spending the money on the spread cloth which already has the house positions.

The other thing that might also work for the house positions is use a label machine (i.e. clear tape with black text perhaps) and just label the outside of the individual plastic pockets. The labels would be small and unobtrusive, but importantly should still be viewable at a quick glance.

WolfyJames

I received yesterday my package, but waited today to check it out because yesterday it was too dark to see anything. After comparing each card with my special limited edition, the new deck is way better. The cards of the special limited edition may be bigger, but the colors are bolder and the details easier to see with the new mass market version. And the adorable, small and solid box that comes with the deck allows to not have to buy a bag for the deck.

greatdane

I really like this deck, but it has taken me weeks to kind of break it in. How a deck shuffles and cuts is really important to me and the lamination, while lovely, made the cards a bit sticky. But I just rub them on fabric with a little texture whilst watching a movie or something and after weeks, they're just about perfect. Still shiny, but they shuffle and cut much easier. And the slight chemical scent is going away as well. All in all, I think a very nice deck and I'm amazed how inexpensive it was for what one gets!

cirom

It has been brought to my attention that there is a minor error on the current edition of the Gilded Reverie Lenormand. The small golden insert on the Dog card shows the 10 of spades instead of the 10 of hearts. I take responsibility for this and it's frustrating as I should of course have caught it when checking the proofs, which I must have looked over countless times, and yet after a point one becomes numb and with age a little less sharp. You end up not seeing the wood for the trees. Nevertheless I hope and believe that this has little to no adverse effect on your enjoyment and readability of the deck. During production I researched and asked many experienced Lenormand readers for an explanation of the actual rational of these inserts and how they might influence the meaning of the card. While I received varied personal guesses and theories, regarding the suites, I did not find or receive any definitive answers regarding the correlation for specific playing cards . As such I had considered avoiding them completely, ultimately I did include them but more as a decorative nod to tradition rather than for any reading function that I was aware of. My apologies, I always try and give 100%, but on some occasions I fall short! this was one of them.

shadowomyn

I love this deck! I haven't had any problems with stickiness, but if you do, don't forget that you can just buy some magician's Fanning Powder. (A little goes a long way, and it's the best way I've found for unsticking decks that like to stay together like a brick.)