Got My Universal Fantasy Deck in the Mail today!!!!

AprilFool

I fully agree! I bought this deck a week or so ago at Books A Million on a whim, and I must say, it's close to my favorite deck of the 30+ decks I own. :D I am completely taken with the beauty AND the depth of the images.

I'll be looking DEEPLY at this deck for some time to come.

Skydancer

Mine should be arriving early next week. You guys have gotten me all excited again!!

Sounds like we'll need to start a Study Group soon!

You could start one now if you want, and the rest of us will jump in when our decks get here. I don't mind any advance info! ;)

*S*

elvenstar

Yay, welcome to the club everyone! I was very glad to read these posts, I've had it for some months now and was feeling a bit lonely in my excitement. :D

I find it gives very nice readings, but for me very charged emotionally so I have some trouble reading for myself. I'm up for a study group too, I've been using it mostly 'intuitively', without thinking much about the cards, and would be very interested in other people's views.
elv xx

Skydancer

Mine arrived today and I am totally thrilled!
Many cards are much like RWS - but some will require some pondering. The LWB doesn't tell why each card is like it is - that's unfortunate. But it will leave us open to decide for ourselves.

I am very glad to have aquired this deck. Definitely one of my top .... 3 or so.

*S*

Shuvano

I got this deck for Christmas and find the artwork simply amazing.....the saturated colors make it so beautiful.

I do have a hard time using it thus far, I find I can not relate to some of the images as I don't know what they are exactly.......and the LWB is useless in that aspect....

Plan to read through some of the study group posts and get a better understanding of this deck and each individual card.....

Grizabella

This is one on my wishlist because I've seen so many people raving about it. :)

moderndayruth

Gayla said:
It is wonderful!!! I love it! Does anyone else have it yet? I don't know where to start...I think this is going to be a study every card type of deck!!!

Gayla, i am so happy for you! I had a flesh back while reading your post, it's exactly how i felt when my UF arrived ;) It is wonderful deck indeed, i have it for some time now, it is really very special... Enjoy :)

raventepes

I picked up my Universal Fantasy a couple months ago. Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. It reads like a dream! It's by far one of my favored LS deck. Something that I've noticed about LS is that their decks seems to be getting better, art-wise...

LadySquee

Oh, I've had one heck of a time decided between Gilded and Universal Fantasy for my first deck. I think I said somewhere I made up my mind on Gilded, but today I searched online to find a place where it showed every card. If it weren't for some real people images in the Gilded deck (at least when I saw them, they looked like real pictures of people's faces on some cards) I would have stuck with it, but unfortunately I didn't want any real images in my deck, so I'm going with the UF, which caught my attention before the Gilded deck did. Although hands down, if I had more money, I would go for Tarot of Dreams. I'm lusting after that deck^_^

I'm obviously new to Tarot in almost every aspect, so I ask is it weird to decide on which deck you want by certain cards and the image the deck uses for them?

When I was looking at decks, the key cards I looked at were Strength, The Fool, Death, and Nine of Swords.

I liked all those cards on the Gilded deck except for the Death card. I prefer having a Lion represent Strength, but the UF Strength card was also appealing because of the Dragon. I liked the Death card on UF more than Gilded. The only card I wish I could change in UF is Nine of Swords, I liked how the Gilded deck had a woman in bed, unable to sleep. Also, I think The Fool is a very important card, I liked The Fool on both decks, but the UF's Fool looked more innocent, which I think is important as well.

Wow, sorry, didn't mean to kind of rant there!

elvenstar

So did you get it LadySquee? It is a unique deck and I love it. It is not a RWS clone though, don't know if that is important to you, just thought I'd warn you. A lot of the cards point to the same interpretations as the Waite, even if the imagery is different, but others do not. I'm not too keen on the little white book that comes with it personally. So it's the sort of deck that you need to work with and find your own way.

In any case, you may want to have a look at the study group too. We've been a bit slack lately, some new blood would do us some good!

It's not weird at all to decide on a deck based on the imagery, it's what you'll be looking at. The 9 of swords is perhaps my favourite of all my decks, btw., funny how we all have different takes. :)