Got My Universal Fantasy Deck in the Mail today!!!!

KafkasGhost

Anyone else care to IDS this one?
I just started yesterday, yummy yummy yummy...

Nina*

KafkasGhost said:
Anyone else care to IDS this one?
I just started yesterday, yummy yummy yummy...
And because of your blog entries I just ordered it.

You're to blame!!!

Le Fanu

The Universal Fantasy is such a beautiful deck. I held off ordering for ages thinking "I'm not a Sci-Fi nerd" and I didn't think it had anything to say to me. However, fast forward a year and I felt I had bought virtually all the LoS catalogue so ended up buying it and was amazed when it arrived.

It really is beautiful, and such rich colouring and inventive compositions. Funny, at the start of this week I had an urge to dig it out and do readings. This urge has dogged me all week. If I didn't have work, I'd have had it out this week...

It isn't just for Sci-Fi nerds, it has something of Victorian, Futuristic illustration and is so easy to read in the sense that the cards are so strikingly different from conventional RWS, yet at the same time unmistakably RWS and also so full of details that meanings are triggered effortlessly...

Nina*

That sounds really great, Le Fanu. Thank you for your comments!

I ordered it from TarotChest so it should arrive in a few days. :party:

Fabiannemo

aww, you're all making me wish i hadn't sold mine. maybe in a year's time i'll buy it again.

KafkasGhost

Nina* said:
And because of your blog entries I just ordered it.

You're to blame!!!

So happy to assist! }) (I just added yours to my blog surfer ;))

Le Fanu is so right, it's not specifically "sci-fi" or "dragony" or anything you can put your finger on. It reads super smooth like a dream and each card speaks volumes. I'm very happy I stuck with it exclusively to get to know it better. It's become a very good friend. :love:

Nina*

KafkasGhost said:
So happy to assist! }) (I just added yours to my blog surfer ;))

Le Fanu is so right, it's not specifically "sci-fi" or "dragony" or anything you can put your finger on. It reads super smooth like a dream and each card speaks volumes. I'm very happy I stuck with it exclusively to get to know it better. It's become a very good friend. :love:

Thanks, KG. Mine is pretty dormant... had an extremely busy 2009 with studies, horse and exams. I hope to follow up on it soon though.

I actually had the UF once, but traded it before I ever tried a reading. For some reason it looks just right now.

KristinCali

This is an old thread, I know. But I got mine today! I'm still going through all the cards, there's so much to look at but they aren't overly busy. I can't wait to do my first reading with them :) I'm checking out the study group posts too!

Pam O

I became intrigued with this deck when a Reading Circle partner used it in our reading exchange. I bought it as a result. I just love the Fool card. The colors in this deck are so fascinating.

***off to search for the deck study thread***

Sure enough, here is the "Universal Fantasy Study Group Index"
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=77324