Guides or negative energy - can someone else's guides override your own?

WolfSwan

I had an odd experience yesterday and I've been pondering and discussing it with a friend but I'm still seeking some clarity.

I asked a question from another reader about a future romantic potential and got a very strange and firm message that the reader was unable to read on my future as there was a strong firm message that there was a man in my past whose life had completely transformed since I'd last spoken to him and that it was important that I get in touch with this person. There was just something that felt odd so I asked my friend to read into it, suspecting the person coming through was my ex.

The only clear card my friend was able to pull was that yes, the message was about my ex, but both my guides and her guides were not very forthcoming about what the situation was. We could both feel a lot of resistance. The end result that we got was that whilst the message yes, was that my ex was going through a really rough time, and that there was a chance he might reach out to me out of desperation, my guides have been firmly saying they want me to have nothing to do with it.

Every reading is very clear about not doing anything with this information.

Do you any you deal with guides frequently? Can you explain why my ex's guides have been able to come through in readings despite my guides very firmly not wanting me to have anything to do with it. With the eclipse energy I've done a lot of cord cutting meditations and things to move away from the past into the future, so I firmly believe that I'm not allowing this in.

It had a negative feel to the energy of the day, and there was a desperation to the energy pulling on me, and subsequently coming through in the reading. This doesn't feel like what I'd expect "Guide" energy to be, so could it be something else? His energy perhaps? Whatever it was was strong enough to block my reading and to push through to me even with my guides being unwilling and unreceptive about the situation. This has been ongoing over the last few weeks, first with his friends popping up unexpectedly into my life (I never responded) and then with this desperate pull.

Yesterday I did a meditation asking Archangel Michael to be present with me, and I asked whatever energy, entity or guide was trying to pull me back to leave me well alone as I want nothing to do with the past and this is no longer my concern.

I'd love to know if anyone has any ideas about this very odd experience?

CosmicBeing

I had an odd experience yesterday and I've been pondering and discussing it with a friend but I'm still seeking some clarity.

I asked a question from another reader about a future romantic potential and got a very strange and firm message that the reader was unable to read on my future as there was a strong firm message that there was a man in my past whose life had completely transformed since I'd last spoken to him and that it was important that I get in touch with this person. There was just something that felt odd so I asked my friend to read into it, suspecting the person coming through was my ex.

The only clear card my friend was able to pull was that yes, the message was about my ex, but both my guides and her guides were not very forthcoming about what the situation was. We could both feel a lot of resistance. The end result that we got was that whilst the message yes, was that my ex was going through a really rough time, and that there was a chance he might reach out to me out of desperation, my guides have been firmly saying they want me to have nothing to do with it.

Every reading is very clear about not doing anything with this information.

Do you any you deal with guides frequently? Can you explain why my ex's guides have been able to come through in readings despite my guides very firmly not wanting me to have anything to do with it. With the eclipse energy I've done a lot of cord cutting meditations and things to move away from the past into the future, so I firmly believe that I'm not allowing this in.

I notice that after you do cord cutting the past comes back... so say you cut a cord with Bob...well don't be shocked if Bob suddenly comes back. I usually see it as a test...if you accept bob back into your life...the cord won't be cut; if you reject bob the cord will then fully be permanently cut. Maybe the ex is coming back for a reason that is unknown to us.....but, just because the ex comes back doesn't mean you have to respond... you could just reject them. We sometimes have to bring proper closer to our past before a proper future can be made.

It had a negative feel to the energy of the day, and there was a desperation to the energy pulling on me, and subsequently coming through in the reading. This doesn't feel like what I'd expect "Guide" energy to be, so could it be something else? His energy perhaps? Whatever it was was strong enough to block my reading and to push through to me even with my guides being unwilling and unreceptive about the situation. This has been ongoing over the last few weeks, first with his friends popping up unexpectedly into my life (I never responded) and then with this desperate pull.

Yesterday I did a meditation asking Archangel Michael to be present with me, and I asked whatever energy, entity or guide was trying to pull me back to leave me well alone as I want nothing to do with the past and this is no longer my concern.

I'd love to know if anyone has any ideas about this very odd experience?

One thing I have to say... (this is just my spiritual perspective.. someone else may have a different...so take any view you feel rings true to you) these guides appoint themselves to you because they feel they can help you. Guides come and go.. so you may only have a guide for 3 years and then the next 20 years you may only have another guide. But, have to remember guides are just spirits...they are not deities or anything of that high spiritual form (from my perspective.)

So Guides may approach a situation differently than you... it doesn't mean how you would approach it is wrong and it doesn't mean how your guides approach it is right. In addition sometimes guides might try to teach us a lesson by making us face certain situations and not all situations are happy-go lucky to face.

I personally treat them as the wonderful Oz.... I keep them behind the curtains and don't bother peaking.

maybe the past is coming back to give you a chance to reject it on your turf. Not to sound judgemental or anything... but maybe take a step back from your guides and don't commune with them for a while. Maybe a break will give you clarity on the situation.

WolfSwan

Hmm...I've been cord cutting for a year and this is the first time it happened. The point of cord cutting is release. I did the Doreen Virtue cord cutting meditation...it had parents issues, sibling issues, past lover issues...my biological mother certainly didn't pop back into the scene and goodness knows there are issues there too :)

One thing I have to say... (this is just my spiritual perspective.. someone else may have a different...so take any view you feel rings true to you) these guides appoint themselves to you because they feel they can help you. Guides come and go.. so you may only have a guide for 3 years and then the next 20 years you may only have another guide. But, have to remember guides are just spirits...they are not deities or anything of that high spiritual form (from my perspective.)

See, I tend to believe that Guides are higher beings...not humans. At least the ones I've normally encountered...but part of my discussion with my friend was, what if this particular person's guides were all human in spirit form, as opposed to spiritual beings? Basically what I'm concerned about is that my guides are so against him being in my life and have very determinedly made that clear not only to me but my friend through her guides...and yet this other person's message was able to get through...?

I'm also not a believer in lessons. I feel like life is about growth but lessons feel like punishment. It feels like we're here to suffer and I don't believe suffering is part of our journey. Life is supposed to be good for us and the only time it's not is when we disconnect from our higher self and become lost in the mundane.

I've reject him and that path on my own for the last 6 months. I haven't been able to connect to my guides in the last 9 weeks or so...when things really started to fall apart at work, in my personal life...I've still not really been able to connect with them...I do feel like mine are trying to protect me...but that his are somehow getting through...and that's where I get worried...

CosmicBeing

Hmm...I've been cord cutting for a year and this is the first time it happened. The point of cord cutting is release. I did the Doreen Virtue cord cutting meditation...it had parents issues, sibling issues, past lover issues...my biological mother certainly didn't pop back into the scene and goodness knows there are issues there too :)

See, I tend to believe that Guides are higher beings...not humans. At least the ones I've normally encountered...but part of my discussion with my friend was, what if this particular person's guides were all human in spirit form, as opposed to spiritual beings? Basically what I'm concerned about is that my guides are so against him being in my life and have very determinedly made that clear not only to me but my friend through her guides...and yet this other person's message was able to get through...?

I'm also not a believer in lessons. I feel like life is about growth but lessons feel like punishment. It feels like we're here to suffer and I don't believe suffering is part of our journey. Life is supposed to be good for us and the only time it's not is when we disconnect from our higher self and become lost in the mundane.

I've reject him and that path on my own for the last 6 months. I haven't been able to connect to my guides in the last 9 weeks or so...when things really started to fall apart at work, in my personal life...I've still not really been able to connect with them...I do feel like mine are trying to protect me...but that his are somehow getting through...and that's where I get worried...

Cord cutting can take on other forms too.....maybe there is a door you are still leaving open in your life for these people to come back without realizing... like stays friends with their friends or not blocking them on your phone/social media.. look around you everyday living to see if there is an opportunity for them to come back.

This might sound crazy...but when I was younger I use to delete my social media every 3 years and start over....or just go through the whole list and delete people I just don't talk to anymore or haven't talk to or they are friends with someone who is don't want to associate with.

Maybe you need to do similar 'cord cutting' like that. Maybe if you have the same phone number for more than 4 years... maybe change your phone.

If you haven't been able to communicate with them for last 9 weeks since stuff started to fall apart in your work space... it could just be that your stressed.

Maybe they just don't want to talk right now...sometimes they go silent for whatever reason.

WolfSwan

Cord cutting can take on other forms too.....maybe there is a door you are still leaving open in your life for these people to come back without realizing... like stays friends with their friends or not blocking them on your phone/social media.. look around you everyday living to see if there is an opportunity for them to come back.

I've cut all of them out as soon as we broke up finally and officially. There is a friend of a friend but she was my friend before he and I got together and we didn't know we had her in common through another friend. I can't delete her because I once dated him, that's ridiculous :) Since she was my friend first. As for any and all of his friends, I deleted their numbers and details from my phone and their contacts on social media. The only way I know they are the ones who are contacting me is because they are an older generation who still sign off their name when they send a text ;)

This might sound crazy...but when I was younger I use to delete my social media every 3 years and start over....or just go through the whole list and delete people I just don't talk to anymore or haven't talk to or they are friends with someone who is don't want to associate with.

Maybe you need to do similar 'cord cutting' like that. Maybe if you have the same phone number for more than 4 years... maybe change your phone.

I'm a dangerous deleter. I don't keep anyone on my list whom I haven't spoken to in awhile. As for the phone number because I'm a professional it's not so simple. I have a lot of business contacts that have my number. I'm not changing my number every time I break up with a guy - it would be really bad for business :) Also, it's a professional number at work, even though it's private. I have a lot of my work and stakeholders who have my private number.

If you haven't been able to communicate with them for last 9 weeks since stuff started to fall apart in your work space... it could just be that your stressed.

Maybe they just don't want to talk right now...sometimes they go silent for whatever reason.

With the guides? Yes I figure stress is getting in the way, you're right. I can't meditate well, and meditation is about listening, so I'm not hearing their message. I've never had mine go silent on me before so I figure this is me botching something up!!

The main issue is that is feels like his guides have managed to overcome / surpass mine by getting that message to me even though my guides were very strongly pushing against it come through to me...I had felt unwell and nauseous all day yesterday and had even been reluctant to ask the question (bad feeling) but did anyway because I was bored :)

celticnoodle

I have only read your first post here and skimmed through the rest of the posts, so I hope I am not repeating something already said or gotten something wrong here in my response.

It sounds like to me that you were given a message from another reader about someone in your past coming back into your life (for whatever reason)--and you feel this is your ex, because you asked yet another reader, (your friend) who it is and she confirmed through her reading that it was indeed your ex.

Furthermore, it appears that you have no real desire to get back with your ex nor have anything to do with him. so far, I hope I have gotten this correct.

So, I would say, perhaps reader #1 misread things? She/he may have felt that her or his guides and your ex's guides were telling you that your rex would get back to you. How do you know for sure though? How do you also know that this reader read things properly and delivered the RIGHT message to you?

I wouldn't rely on others guides. In fact, you need to really rely on your own gut instincts--and it appears those are to have nothing more to do with your ex. Is this correct?

I'd say that if you and your ex do not have a good relationship after your breakup and/or if the two of you just went separate ways to leave it at that. If your ex gets in touch with you for whatever reason/help you can give to him(or her)--just say "No". Unless it involves children between the two of you--because if it does, you do need to be the supportive one for YOUR CHILDREN. Not always easy--but you need to help your kids have a relationship w/the other parent as long as it is a healthy relationship.

Anything else the ex may be asking for your help or support with--I'd say no and stay away from him. Have no more to do with him. He will need to push through any of what life throws at him without you.

just my opinion

celticnoodle

The main issue is that is feels like his guides have managed to overcome / surpass mine by getting that message to me even though my guides were very strongly pushing against it come through to me...I had felt unwell and nauseous all day yesterday and had even been reluctant to ask the question (bad feeling) but did anyway because I was bored :)

Okay, having read this just above my post, I wonder if perhaps your EX is just coming through and not necessarily his 'guides'. Having had a strong relationship with him, you still have the cords as have been mentioned throughout this thread too--and it can take time for those cords to finally become cut and closed off!

You two are somewhat connected still emotionally--and perhaps especially him being connected to you. He needs to get over it. I would still recommend having nothing to do with the ex.

CosmicBeing

I agree with celticnoodle... whether he comes back or not it doesn't matter. You already know what you want from him and it's to have nothing to do with him.

So if he comes back reject him and if he harass you hopefully restraining orders are better in your country than mine.

People come and go from our life and sometimes they come back....the thing is.. you just have to reject them and keep living your life if they aren't healthy for you.

I wouldn't worry to much honestly... you don't care for him and you can reject him if he appears.

The guide issue... just wait till you feel balance and less stress..maybe communication will open again.

CosmicBeing

Also I want to add... if you have any gifts from him or his friends still in your house... toss them out. That could easily be a way for a person to stay connected. I had this feel an ex (I dated this guy about 7 or 8 years ago)...during that time I felt like my space was being invaded... so I went through all my stuff and I threw out gifts from him after that I felt released... whether at the end of the day it was a symbolic thing or it was actually part of cutting the relationship off... try that too.

If you have anything in your house that was given by him, his friends, or just reminds you of the relationship... toss those items out too.

bluelagune

You are not alone. I have the same issue with my ex and my ex work place. It seems no matter the reading it points right back to these people. It's like I'm attached to them somehow. The truth of the matter, I've made my decision and I moved on. For some strange reason the Universe is having issue with my free will and pushing me back on that path. Guides or no guides, I'm not sure how to put a closed sign so there is no going back to the past.