Guides or negative energy - can someone else's guides override your own?

Starri Knytes

One thing I have to say... (this is just my spiritual perspective.. someone else may have a different...so take any view you feel rings true to you) these guides appoint themselves to you because they feel they can help you. Guides come and go.. so you may only have a guide for 3 years and then the next 20 years you may only have another guide. But, have to remember guides are just spirits...they are not deities or anything of that high spiritual form (from my perspective.)

*raises hand*
Some guides are deities. My guide is. šŸ˜Š

WolfSwan

Also I want to add... if you have any gifts from him or his friends still in your house... toss them out. That could easily be a way for a person to stay connected. I had this feel an ex (I dated this guy about 7 or 8 years ago)...during that time I felt like my space was being invaded... so I went through all my stuff and I threw out gifts from him after that I felt released... whether at the end of the day it was a symbolic thing or it was actually part of cutting the relationship off... try that too.

If you have anything in your house that was given by him, his friends, or just reminds you of the relationship... toss those items out too.

Hey CB, nope I burned everything in a cleansing ritual :) But it's a good idea, people don't necessarily think of that :)

WolfSwan

You are not alone. I have the same issue with my ex and my ex work place. It seems no matter the reading it points right back to these people. It's like I'm attached to them somehow. The truth of the matter, I've made my decision and I moved on. For some strange reason the Universe is having issue with my free will and pushing me back on that path. Guides or no guides, I'm not sure how to put a closed sign so there is no going back to the past.

It's weird isn't it, blue? I've decided I'm just going to ignore it now. Whenever things like that come up I'm not going to respond. I'm going to focus instead on what I want - a new relationship with someone who brings the best out in me as I do with them.

WolfSwan

*raises hand*
Some guides are deities. My guide is. šŸ˜Š

I think that was what CB wrote ;)

But I'm really curious about your guide being a deity? How did you find that out? I've never been able to visually connect with mine. Anything auditory is faint at best. I'm predominantly clairscentient so all mine usually comes through physical signs, and sensations in my body.

What do you think though of the situation and the push back I'm getting - do you think it's guides or energy?

Starri Knytes

I think that was what CB wrote ;)
It was a direct quote from your post here. If you were quoting someone else I am not seeing the reference. But no matter this is the post I was guided to address.
Hmm...I've been cord cutting for a year and this is the first time it happened. The point of cord cutting is release. I did the Doreen Virtue cord cutting meditation...it had parents issues, sibling issues, past lover issues...my biological mother certainly didn't pop back into the scene and goodness knows there are issues there too :)
One thing I have to say... (this is just my spiritual perspective.. someone else may have a different...so take any view you feel rings true to you) these guides appoint themselves to you because they feel they can help you. Guides come and go.. so you may only have a guide for 3 years and then the next 20 years you may only have another guide. But, have to remember guides are just spirits...they are not deities or anything of that high spiritual form (from my perspective.)
See, I tend to believe that Guides are higher beings...not humans. At least the ones I've normally encountered...but part of my discussion with my friend was, what if this particular person's guides were all human in spirit form, as opposed to spiritual beings? Basically what I'm concerned about is that my guides are so against him being in my life and have very determinedly made that clear not only to me but my friend through her guides...and yet this other person's message was able to get through...?

I'm also not a believer in lessons. I feel like life is about growth but lessons feel like punishment. It feels like we're here to suffer and I don't believe suffering is part of our journey. Life is supposed to be good for us and the only time it's not is when we disconnect from our higher self and become lost in the mundane.

I've reject him and that path on my own for the last 6 months. I haven't been able to connect to my guides in the last 9 weeks or so...when things really started to fall apart at work, in my personal life...I've still not really been able to connect with them...I do feel like mine are trying to protect me...but that his are somehow getting through...and that's where I get worried...
But I'm really curious about your guide being a deity? How did you find that out? I've never been able to visually connect with mine. Anything auditory is faint at best. I'm predominantly clairscentient so all mine usually comes through physical signs, and sensations in my body.

What do you think though of the situation and the push back I'm getting - do you think it's guides or energy?
To answer the second question first, I wouldn't say that I agree with very much of it at all to be completely honest. :)

As for my guide...
She was the only image that my crystal ball would show when I received it. It was actually a little unnerving. No matter which way I turned it or what direction the light hit she was there.
I found out who she was by searching the image shown. (which was of a woman watching an ancient city in flames) During the search I come upon an artist rendering of the exact scene I was shown. After I my accepted the deity as my guide I never saw her in the crystal again. She has shown me many other wonderful things in it though. She has been a constant in my life ever since. Sort of a "Genie in a Bottle" kind of thing. I do see her when I acknowledge her by name, or call on her with an urgent need. I am also guided by feelings/intuition, and Clairaudience.

I'm sure you could find out who your guide is if you wanted too.[emoji813]

WolfSwan

It was a direct quote from your post here. If you were quoting someone else I am not seeing the reference. But no matter this is the post I was guided to address.

To answer the second question first, I wouldn't say that I agree with very much of it at all to be completely honest. :)

As for my guide...
She was the only image that my crystal ball would show when I received it. It was actually a little unnerving. No matter which way I turned it or what direction the light hit she was there.
I found out who she was by searching the image shown. (which was of a woman watching an ancient city in flames) During the search I come upon an artist rendering of the exact scene I was shown. After I my accepted the deity as my guide I never saw her in the crystal again. She has shown me many other wonderful things in it though. She has been a constant in my life ever since. Sort of a "Genie in a Bottle" kind of thing. I do see her when I acknowledge her by name, or call on her with an urgent need. I am also guided by feelings/intuition, and Clairaudience.

I'm sure you could find out who your guide is if you wanted too.[emoji813]

Ah yes I was quoting CB but not very well as I was doing it on my phone. My response is right beneath the red highlight saying that I do believe guides are higher beings. I know one of mine is. Alas I haven't had much luck connecting with the others yet.

Well, I did post this situation on here to get different perspectives and understanding on what might be happening, so if you have a different opinion, feel free to post it. I'm by no means an expert in this subject and I'm trying to learn and understand how different energies work and why things might happen the way they do, if there's a higher purpose or just coincidence.

I wrote my experience with a view to see what other insights might be out there so I can learn...

Saskia

Hmm...I've been cord cutting for a year and this is the first time it happened. The point of cord cutting is release. I did the Doreen Virtue cord cutting meditation...

See, I tend to believe that Guides are higher beings...not humans.... I'm concerned about is that my guides are so against him being in my life and have very determinedly made that clear not only to me but my friend through her guides...and yet this other person's message was able to get through...?

I'm also not a believer in lessons. I feel like life is about growth but lessons feel like punishment.

I've reject him and that path on my own for the last 6 months. I haven't been able to connect to my guides in the last 9 weeks or so...

Hi WolfSwan, I'm sorry to hear about such a messy situation. A few comments:

Firstly, I'm with the people who said that after cord cutting there can come a test. You may think you've cut all the ties etc. by not being in contact with your ex, but it does not mean the emotional tie is cut. If it were, you wouldn't care at all whether his guides speak to you. You'd just regard it with neutral and maybe politely warm disengagement: "oh, I see, well hope he manages to sort it out", and then move on.

I think it might be that your ex really wants to reach out to you and his guides think you could be a good person to help him out, but your guides think you shouldn't get involved because it's not good for your growth.

I've had something similar happen to me and always bear in mind the decision is yours, no matter what any guide (material or immaterial) tells you. I was strongly prompted by my cards (guide?) to help out a family member who was in deep trouble (essentially homeless), but I knew if I do it (let him come live with me for free), he'd freeload on me forever and there would be no growth for him - and just frustration for me. So I rejected this plan even it kept coming from my cards for almost a month. I don't know if I accrued some bad karma with this but I did what I thought was the best for me, for my sanity.

Do what feels best for you, guides or no guides. You know what feels best by observing how calm, centered and "level-headed" your decision makes you feel. Any anxiety, insecurity, worries, frustration etc. usually tell - at least to me - that this is the wrong way.

Just a note about lessons. I don't think that lessons are punishments. We learn lessons at school, too: in essence, lesson just means "acquiring knowledge through experience or by listening to others". There's nothing negative or punitive in that :)

CosmicBeing

You said that very very well

Saskia

I agree with you....Make decisions base on what you think is right... it's your life. Your guides aren't living your life and nor are the people in your everyday that give you advice. You have to make a choice that you feel is right and makes you happy.

WolfSwan

Hi WolfSwan, I'm sorry to hear about such a messy situation. A few comments:

Firstly, I'm with the people who said that after cord cutting there can come a test. You may think you've cut all the ties etc. by not being in contact with your ex, but it does not mean the emotional tie is cut. If it were, you wouldn't care at all whether his guides speak to you. You'd just regard it with neutral and maybe politely warm disengagement: "oh, I see, well hope he manages to sort it out", and then move on.

I think it might be that your ex really wants to reach out to you and his guides think you could be a good person to help him out, but your guides think you shouldn't get involved because it's not good for your growth.

This is really well said Sask, and I tend to agree that this might be what's happening. I didn't realise that cord cutting came with that test, but I also realise that the more something is in our vibration and the more we focus upon it, the more we attract it, so that we think it's following us. In reality, it's our attention to it that keeps bringing it back. I do think perhaps in some ways he might want to reach out and his guides are keen for me to be involved as we did have a strong soul connection, and quite equally I know my guides really disagree with my involvement with him.

I've had something similar happen to me and always bear in mind the decision is yours, no matter what any guide (material or immaterial) tells you. I was strongly prompted by my cards (guide?) to help out a family member who was in deep trouble (essentially homeless), but I knew if I do it (let him come live with me for free), he'd freeload on me forever and there would be no growth for him - and just frustration for me. So I rejected this plan even it kept coming from my cards for almost a month. I don't know if I accrued some bad karma with this but I did what I thought was the best for me, for my sanity.

At the same time I see guides as higher beings and not earth bound spirits. I know the only time I've ever gone wrong and suffered is where I've not listened to my inner guidance which was telling me to go one way, and my ego which wanted something quite different. I followed what I "wanted" and ended up being burned. Lately I've felt disconnected from my inner guidance and I realise that's also because I'm spiritually exhausted right now. So I'm taking a bit of a break from the arcane. I have make it clear however that I am moving forward, and I keep my focus on where I am and where I'm going.

Do what feels best for you, guides or no guides. You know what feels best by observing how calm, centered and "level-headed" your decision makes you feel. Any anxiety, insecurity, worries, frustration etc. usually tell - at least to me - that this is the wrong way.

Just a note about lessons. I don't think that lessons are punishments. We learn lessons at school, too: in essence, lesson just means "acquiring knowledge through experience or by listening to others". There's nothing negative or punitive in that :)

I agree with this totally. My inner guidance system is telling me to stay out of it, and my ego is probably curious to know what's happening :) I see what you're saying about lessons, and that makes sense too :)