Guides

mingbop

Agree with you totally Gregs. Maybe it's acceptable in a private one to one reading where the sitter has asked for a guide reading. But in a demo or open circle I think it's not a good idea.

celticnoodle

interesting questions, Ming, because on one side, I agree with you. I don't like someone telling me about a guide whom I can't prove is just that.

However, I don't really mind them telling me, as long as the reading I am paying for isn't going to be wrapped up only on the guide they are telling me about.

I did go to a psychic reader once who did bring through 2 spirit guides and she told me that these 2 guides were family members. One that was an ancestor whom I never met and she was a "Native American"- and another was a family member whom I did know.

She gave me their names. At first, the ancestor she gave me the name of, I couldn't think of whom it was and besides, "everyone" :rolleyes: has a Native American spirit guide, right? ;) So, I just smiled at the psychic, thanked her and had her go on with my reading. However weeks later, when I was doing the family genealogy, I came across some of my notes and lo and behold! it was my husbands 2nd great grandmother--who was an American Indian. The psychic gave her American Indian name and not the "white" name she was given later in life, so I didn't think of her. Besides she was on my hubs side--and not "my" ancestor.

Now, the other spirit guide, whom she told me about, she said was named Gertrude. I told the psychic that we didn't have anyone named Gertrude in our family, so I had no idea who it could be (and I was sort of blowing that one off too). Then the psychic looked at me and said, "Oh, I'm sorry...She is hard to understand because she is not from the U.S. but a European Country and her English isn't good. But she tells me now that her name in English is Gertrude but you know her as Aunt Gerda.

:bugeyed: Yep! I surely did!!! She was a great aunt!!! I never met her face to face, but we were in touch via mail and often corresponded.

But, I didn't realize that people we *knew* in life could become our spirit guides. So, I was somewhat skeptical. She told me that they could be guides, but if so, it was for a specific reason--and when that reason came to be, they'd stop being a guide for us.

Another time - another aunt was my guide. Now, this time, I knew this aunt and this aunt even came to me, long before the psychic picked up on her, and told me she was going to help me, in a certain area, and she did indeed help me.

I've also actually met some spirit guides, and one time another psychic reader I had a reading from described one of these spirit guides to me and told me that he was standing right beside me. The funny thing is, that I often FEEL this guide standing right beside me--where this psychic *saw* too.

So, if they can be that correct with the description that I can say is right--yes, I'd welcome them saying it and I am happy to learn about them seeing my guide. But, I guess, this is also the proof you would need anyway to believe it. Otherwise, if I can't recognize the guide, then I'd just nod, make a note of it and smile a thank you and have them move along with my reading and not waste anymore time speaking of that guide.

I also agree that I wouldn't want it exposed to me in a circle or a group of people. Private readings, yeah, sure go for it.

danieljuk

The simple solution is to ask if the person wants to know their Guides or not :)

I am really open minded about anything in the world and so many of my friends are involved in things which I only have the most basic knowledge about and this is one area of this. I always keep totally open minded until I either see it's clearly not true or it is definitely true!

If a medium friend wanted to share one of my guides, I would like to know. This would confirm my basic work in finding them out but I am struggling to clearly work out who they are. But maybe I am more New Age :) However if they said I have Napoleon here or Marie Antoinette with you, I would be more suspicious but would listen to them with an open mind!

I think the ethics of giving someone their Guide for the receiver is that you have to give them a choice if they want to know not. But I wonder about the ethics for the giver, in terms of the universe or spiritual realm. I think both sides have to feel comfortable about it.

mingbop

That's the good thing Noodle - to know our guide's energy. We don't need to know names it's not vital, but we do need to be familiar with their energy and know instantly who is beside us. It wouldn't do to be having a nice cosy chat with Jack the Ripper and asking him for advice and guidance in the fond hope that he was a guide would it...! lol

gregory

The simple solution is to ask if the person wants to know their Guides or not :)
I think in the case of a one to one thing, it may be rather different. Bop was asking about a circle where it seems that someone sits there and doles them out to everyone. Which sounds AWFUL to me. Cheap and tacky.

BrightEye

That's the good thing Noodle - to know our guide's energy. We don't need to know names it's not vital, but we do need to be familiar with their energy and know instantly who is beside us.
That's sort of what I meant too.

DownUnderNZer

Actually, there was this time when me and 2 or 3 of my sisters went to a Spiritual Church in Queensland and were part of a circle for a meditation group. It was not about readings or development that night either. Out of the blue this woman stood up and approached all of us, I think a Medium, and she described who stood behind us which was a mixture of Guides and Ancestors. Not just one or two, but about 50 or so. I remember that woman was really in awe as she had never seen a large number like that before.

What was uncanny about it though - is that this 6 year old from the USA described the same thing to me once and she is the only other one that has ever seen them in a large group like that.

Coincidence or what?

Why is it that some see them face to face and others do not.

Interesting really....

DND :)

I think in the case of a one to one thing, it may be rather different. Bop was asking about a circle where it seems that someone sits there and doles them out to everyone. Which sounds AWFUL to me. Cheap and tacky.

DownUnderNZer

And...why do some only have one or two whereas others have more.

Must be a reason.

canid

Ming, I would absolutely believe you. How about asking the guide this question?

celticnoodle

And...why do some only have one or two whereas others have more.

Must be a reason.

perhaps it depends on how spiritually tuned in you are? I don't know, only guessing. And, perhaps we have guides that also don't show themselves to us or to others? I mean, we can only guess to this. I do have one guide who never fully shows herself to me. I've seen her arms and hands, and I know she has long dark hair. That is all I ever see of her. She often appears to me and is so bright that I can't see much of anything else but a bright light. And, she rarely appears to me, but I feel her energy at times. So, who knows what it is about guides?