Guides

mingbop

I think peoples' guides are a reflection of themselves. Mine doesn't say much and has a fiendish sense of humour, this suits me. A friend has a really stern unspeaking high priest in fancy robes - but this friend likes ritual. Another friend has a young hippy type guy in jeans. Our guides suit us :)

celticnoodle

I think peoples' guides are a reflection of themselves. Mine doesn't say much and has a fiendish sense of humour, this suits me. A friend has a really stern unspeaking high priest in fancy robes - but this friend likes ritual. Another friend has a young hippy type guy in jeans. Our guides suit us :)

That very well could be, ming. I like your thoughts on this.

lark

I don't like it and I try never to say I see someone's guide in a reading.
I am fiercely guarded about my guides and I don't like another psychic messing with them.

With that said has it ever happened that my clients guide has talked to my guide and my guide has relayed a message to me from them...yes all the time...
It is not something I solicit or ask for, but if it happens I go with it.

I find that most people have guides, but they are totally ignorant of them and pay no attention.
I will tell people how to get in contact with their guides, but I never match make and tell them who their guide is.
Ancestors are another story....if their dead grandma is popping in I will say what the message is, and who it seems to be from....but dead grandmas are rarely your guides.

I have two guides, they have different jobs in my life, I know them well.
And if somebody told me I had another guide I'd never met or had direct contact with I would frankly think it was hog wash.
Because I am open to receiving new guides, but not on an invisible level.
I don't pussyfoot around with guides their mission is to help and guide so why would they stay hidden.
Or why with an open field to contact me would they chose to go through another psychic...
Right away I don't like that, so it would set up a resistance in me...
So just being honest and this is only my opinion and they way I work....

Tanga

We are having a good discussion on another group over the ethics of giving out a sitter's guides in a circle. The more traditional mediums (inc me) think it's wrong - because you can't prove it.,, the sitter usually can't verify it. I like evidential mediumship!
The New Agers in the group think there's nothing wrong with it. What do you all think?
If I came to you in a circle and said "I have your guide here - he is a Chinese Monk or Zulu Warrior or Native American lady ... would it make a difference to your life? Would you believe me? If yes - then why? lol

No. Lol.
Because I already have 5 and there's no space for any more! Bwahahahaha!
(my head might explode!)

I tend to agree with finding them out for oneself rather than having them handed up.
(ceratainly not in a group!).
My 5 have "manifested" if you like - over the course of the years that I've engaged in various occult studies and personal development courses. And the last one is elusive - like Celticnoodle's.
I think they may reflect us - and if they're ancestors - then they are us in some ways.
I wouldn't be surprised if we're all surrounded by loads of 'em ala DND.

tarotlova

Well I've been a loner all my life and if my Guide is anything like me he/she has probley got thier head buried in a good book and gets annoyed when interrupted and doesn't want anything to do with me! :p

celticnoodle

Well I've been a loner all my life and if my Guide is anything like me he/she has probley got thier head buried in a good book and gets annoyed when interrupted and doesn't want anything to do with me! :p

:laugh: Yeah, your guide could very well be in the Akashic records reading up on you! :eek:

:D

Milfoil

We are having a good discussion on another group over the ethics of giving out a sitter's guides in a circle. The more traditional mediums (inc me) think it's wrong - because you can't prove it.,, the sitter usually can't verify it. I like evidential mediumship!
The New Agers in the group think there's nothing wrong with it. What do you all think?
If I came to you in a circle and said "I have your guide here - he is a Chinese Monk or Zulu Warrior or Native American lady ... would it make a difference to your life? Would you believe me? If yes - then why? lol

I'd have to agree Ming, only one person can truly know their guides and that is the person themselves (if they are willing and able to seek them out). A medium or some other flavour of spiritual go-between may be able to assist them with that task but even then they can misinterpret what they are seeing/feeling. Seeing someone dressed in skins with a feather in their hair doesn't necessarily make them Native American, many cultures have dressed this way in the past.

Way better to bring verifiable information to a client.

Luna's Crone

I personnally don't believe in angel or spirit guides. I just think the person just does not have enough belief in themselves they have to attributes things to their "guide".

I make it known that i do not work with angel and spirit guides and to leave them out of the process all together. that may not seem right, but i want their attentions focused on whats going on not what others may think. It kinda reminds me about the psychic who wanted the 500 dollars to remove the curse. Their own feelings of inadequacy won't let them let the guides go.

harsh but there ya have it.

Saskia

Luna, just because you believe something doesn't make your belief true ;)

Of course, a belief of spirit guides/angels doesn't make them true, either. However, I think there's more to it than people feeling inadequate or lacking confidence. We all have different skills and attributes anyway and learn from each other every day - why is it "wrong" to want to learn from a spiritual friend who you perceive to be wise and supportive?

Personally, I've never seen or sensed my guide and I doubt whether one exists, but I find the idea appealing and consoling and I wouldn't want to crush anyone else's belief.

Tanga

Luna, just because you believe something doesn't make your belief true ;)

Of course, a belief of spirit guides/angels doesn't make them true, either. However, I think there's more to it than people feeling inadequate or lacking confidence. We all have different skills and attributes anyway and learn from each other every day - why is it "wrong" to want to learn from a spiritual friend who you perceive to be wise and supportive?

Ditto this.

I have never quite decided whether my guides are outside of me - or a facet of my own imagination.
But either way - it doesn't really matter. It's a another way of accessing feelings of being linked to a greater spiritual picture and supports me in being me. And being happier in my universe.
(Human beings - mostly - need to feel "meaning" in their lives).

It's a bit like the argument for a placebo. The point of the placebo to me - is that it's WORKED.
And then Wahey - look how powerful the mind is - if it's a real placebo... how amazing is that?
- NOT that it's a placebo and therefore silly and useless (for instance arguments about whether homeopathy actually works or not etc.)...

And I do believe that "there are more things in heaven and earth - Horatio, than dreamt of in your philosophy..." and all that jazz (the idea of having a Soul for instance... Can't prove it so - who's to say it's real? ;). I'm referring to another thread you started here Luna).

I do agree that it's important not to get carried away and start living in an alternate reality
disconnected from being practical and mundane - if one takes it that far :)

Reminds me of a saying I just read:
"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible" - Stuart Chase.