Hearing Voices/Sounds

Ruby7

Just wondering how common this experience is or if I'm losing my sanity just a wee bit :)

Tonight at my fiddle practice (group of about 15 fiddlers tonight) while we were playing a slow air I heard a female voice singing quite loudly (no words just sort of wailing in tune and quite nicely). I looked around at all the female players who were all focused on playing their fiddles and nobody was singing.

This is the second time that this has happened at the same church hall. Last time was a few months ago when we were in the middle of a recording session and there is no way that anyone in the group would be singing. The voice is not in my head it seems to come from the other side of the room. Nobody else is hearing it :(

I've also heard the piano in my apartment playing while I am taking a shower at times when nobody else is home.

I seem to be hearing things only when there is other noise (fiddles playing, shower running). Could I be completely imagining the sound, making it up? Has anyone else experienced this?

Ruby7

Sophie-David

Hi Ruby7

I really hestitate to give what may be a pat answer, because these type of phenomena are highly individual expressions. But I think that its highly unlikely that you are losing your sanity or that it is even stress related. In fact I would suggest that you are becoming more sane, :) by which I mean that you are becoming more in touch with your inner self or the divine or the spirit, however you see it. BTW, I would think this thread would belong in Spirituality, but that's my particular bias.

Perhaps the most useful thing I can do is relate my own experiences and you may find some parallels. At the moment I cannot remember experiencing external sounds that no one else could, but yet I think that I probably have. What I have experienced on innumerable occasions right from childhood are external visions. At the heart of the visions there has always been an important message for me, although it was often not clear at the time. Sometimes I felt that they were messages from the divine, but more lately I have realized that many of them were projections from my own unconscious. In the past year I have looked at the world with Jungian interpretations, and I strongly believe that the unconscious, and at its root, the Self, desires to bring all that one inherently is into wholeness. One of the ways this happens is by raising to consciousness that which is presently unconscious.

Since you are a musician, it is natural that the unconscious would communicate with you in music. Your description of these sounds indicates that they are positive, so they are not a cause for fear. As you would in dream analysis, I would suggest that you try to amplify these sounds, ;) meaning to approach them from various other artistic angles to try to increase your understanding. For example, try to write down how you feel when you hear them, what they remind you of and so forth. If you could transcribe the music it may be helpful. If you could express the sounds in another media such as drawing or painting (artistic skill - or lack of - doesn't matter for this purpose). And of course, ask the Tarot to comment on the sounds also. These are all ways of drawing on your unconscious to explain what I think is a manifestation of your unconscious.

And if I am incorrect and there is some other explanation, it certainly cannot hurt to bring the skills of your unconscious to bear on the subject and quite possibly help you come to a resolution.

Blessings
David

Simone

Thanks for linking that thread, WolfyJames, I found it very interesting, especially MeeWah's post about the vibrational qualities of music.

Now, I am someone who has music in his head all the time, but most of the time it is music I know, which exists, and it changes according to the situation I am in, often enough the contents fit :D so I would not classify this in the same class of experience, but rather as an association capacity of my mind.

The subject of vibrational qualities of music and sounds is another one I have been interested in a lot, I often experiment myself with sounds (voice, didgeridoo, etc) and I feel their impact on my chakras, but this too is off subject ;)

Clearaudience in my personal experience is not related to music, but to voices - I sometimes hear people's thoughts as clearly as if they were talking to me, and it is most of the time something relating to me, like someone thinking lovingly I should sit straight, I say ok, I will sit straight and the person is startled because in reality they have not really said it...

:D I know all my musings here are off subject and should belong to different threads, but this thread sparked them off, and I am now thinking about starting threads about them ;)

So to get on topic again, I personally do not hear the music of the spheres per se, but maybe I just am not conscient of it as I have music in my head all the time... I will listen more closely now ;)

Love, and thanks for starting this thread!
Simone

Grigori

I had a similar experience once over a couple weeks. I heard the voice of a young girl singing in a foreign language (perhaps eastern european, but I don't really know). I didn't recognise the song.

It happened a few times, in very different locations (my bedroom, a train station, a lecture) and then never again.

What, why, how...? Dont know!

Tarotphelia

Ruby7 said:
I seem to be hearing things only when there is other noise (fiddles playing, shower running). Could I be completely imagining the sound, making it up? Has anyone else experienced this?

Your statement makes me wonder if perhaps you are in a heightened state of concentration or flow when there is any repetitive or musical sound going on, and your logical mind steps aside for a moment . Just enough to let these other voices and sounds become audible to you.

I have heard plenty of stuff, including an amazing choir of men's "symphonic" voices . It isn't unusual when you are beginning to open psychically. You can probably cut if off if you want to.

If you have any interest in EVP's (electronic voice phenomena - tape recordings of random voices that logically shouldn't be there) it would seem your apartment and that church would be good spots for trying it.

Gyda

No you're not going crazy.

From my own experience it was usually ghost or some other type if spirit making the noise some of the time, other times it was my own mind playing tricks on me. Unfortunatley there's no way to be certain which it is with out other indications. In recent years I can say the experience that I've encountered in generally have been Cofgodas. They've been with me since college and simply come to each new home with me.

Chronata

Since I first started hearing the music, I was told by several people that it was because I was simply tuning into the higher vibrational frequencies, and that it was related to my expansion of my own intuitive and psychic resources.
So you certainly are not crazy Ruby7! Maybe you are expanding your own intuitive awareness?

Lewen

I have found since I was a child, I've not heard music, but I have heard voices and conversations and things before falling asleep. Occasionally, I've heard things said that later have happened. I often wondered what that meant. This thread and the link to the other one is interesting. I'll have to reflect on it for a while. I mentioned my voices to a dear friend of mine the other day and he said that since my work with the tarot has been picked up again, it's opening up something bigger in me, and it's so...I've been more aware of them again as I continue to pick up where I left off 18 years ago.

Very interesting indeed. :)

Umbrae

Ahhhh Radio of the Gods I call it.

All I can add is, cultivate it.