How Do you End a Reading?

KMilliron

I don't really have an ending ritual for myself either. I feel lame.

re-pete-a

I sometimes say

there's not much more being exposed,

*would you like to ask a question

*are you happy with the reading

* Is there another matter of concern.

* if your happy with the reading are you also happy to pay for it.
or words to that effect.
The last one is usually used.

linnie

I don't read publicly anymore, but when I did I had a ritual... I had a beautiful little reading nook, which looked just like a cosy, Edwardian drawing room, complete with cushions, table lamps and wall pictures. etc etc Before/after each reading I would discreetly ring my little silver bell, as smudging wasn't allowed, or else blow onto the cards to clear the last recipient's energetic imprint... When the reading was completed, I'd ask if they needed any further clarification... and then would draw the cards back into a deck. I'd stand, and often we'd hug... just something that happened spontaneously... perhaps the intimacy of thesetting (even though it was in a huge hall with people thronging around... we had our own little 'reading' world!) If I felt that the readee would enjoy and benefit from one of my pictures, I let them select, or offered them a specific, theme-realted laminated print of the relevant card, as I had them available for sale, too. That touched people very much, and hopefully offered them a material reminder of the card's message to them.

Gia

Chronata said:
It's awesome how the good luck stone works ...excuse the pun...like a charm!

The good luck stones have their own "mini reading" too...and my clients have a cool bit of magic to take with them.

And sometimes it's an amazing icebreaker to get people to start a reading (like in an open event situation)

Some folks may be apprehensive about the tarot reading, but everyone likes a bit of good luck!

My ritual for when I read for myself, is to thank whatever powers that be for giving me the reading.

(unless it doesn't say what I want it to... :D)

Ooooo....I love this...may I ask what kind of good luck stones you offer? I adore the notion of sending someone on their way with an item to focus on!

Gia

Thanks everyone for sharing! It's pretty much what I do to end a reading...so I think I'm on the right path...love the idea of laminated cards or lucky stones...fab!!!

nisaba

Gia said:
It's kind of a two-fold question...
I'd like to know how others end their sessions reading for Sitters
"I seem to have run out of words. Is there anything I can make clearer, or someething you're interested in that the reading didn't touch?" ... "Okay, well remember what I said, and get in touch in a few months and let me know how everything goes for you."

...but I'd also like to know if you have a personal ritual after you've read for yourselves!...
I shuffle the deck briefly, then put it away.

Cocobird55

If I'm reading for someone else, I ask them if they have any questions about the reading.

When I'm reading for myself, I shuffle the deck and put it back in its container.

Eyebright

I don't read face to face for others but when I have finished a personal reading or for an exchange reading here I thank my cards for the advice and put them away :)

gypsiejones71

I end by summing up the reading as a whole and giving any final bits of advice. The reading usually comes to a natural end after the sitter has been satiated by their questions and the reading has been summarised.
Then i shuffle the deck before putting it away in its tarot bag.
Thats the usual ritual. I'll perform some deck cleansing if it has been an emotionally charged reading but otherwise that's all :)

Kreative-Dragon

well I usually start off my personal readings with an open prayer, go through my reading, calmly spazz out for a moment after, then just give thanks and say "blessed be, Amen"

I've only done 4 readings for other people, and all of them in school. So usually it's " and that's that, any questi- aw hell, late for class, sorry :( "

I need to get faster at my readings XP