I'm gonna go to hell for sure. It's official now.

PAMUYA

I've always felt that I was really stupid for continuing to mind whether people know I read Tarot or not because I'm 67 years old. You'd think by now I wouldn't care what anyone thinks of anything I do. But my life was spent with some cultish Christian beliefs in the family I was raised in and that left me with some deep scars so it's been a very tough thing for me to get over.

(((HUG)))) I completely understand.

arclight

feeling it too

Thank you for this thread. Im just going through a similar phase myself - Im almost out, but not fully yet - actually ive been reflecting on this a lot over the past few weeks, as in some similar situation a few weeks back, I found myself not saying in that case, where I had said before in other situations so really there was still some hangup on my part.. but im trying, this is very good example, thank you for sharing!

flying black kat

I'll Join You in Hell

Dearest Griz:

I honestly can say that I feel you have more guts and a very large set of brass ones, then most people I know in person.

When I have read some of your posts about your family and life, I think to myself that most people would be in the funny farm by now.

I'll be in the Tarot section of Hell, you will know it's me because I love my music loud.

Good luck with the new house and all the things you do with your life. You are a beacon of light in the dark that sometimes life is, to those who need your sepecial gifts, talents and just knowing you.

Be at Peace, and continue to Walk in Beauty.

Kathy

greatdane

Good for you, Grizabella!

I am outgoing, but when it comes to things I consider personal, it's not about fear or shame, but just that I choose to share certain aspects of my life with certain people. Not a lot of people know I read just because it doesn't come up and it's not like I wear a sign (well I would if I read for others!).

Your story brought something to mind something that just happened a couple days ago. I was talking to someone about a book we were both reading and I was surprised it had the word alchemy in describing it when that's not really what it's about. And she said (she being fairly conservative) with a grin, are you telling me you were a witch in another life? And I said or in this one....don't know why I said that, was just a spur of the moment thing to say, do not consider myself a witch (maybe a Wise Woman in Training), but I did get an interesting look and the topic was just dropped. OK maybe some times i just find it fun to stir the pot (or cauldron) lol.

swedishfish612

I've always felt that I was really stupid for continuing to mind whether people know I read Tarot or not because I'm 67 years old. You'd think by now I wouldn't care what anyone thinks of anything I do.

Grizabella, I'm 35, but I often think the same thing about myself. That at my age, it's pretty silly to care what anyone thinks. Glad to know that I'm not the only one, and that it's not something that automatically goes away when we reach a certain age!

It's often not so much that I care what anyone thinks about me, but that I don't want them to engage me in long conversations about how wrong I am. They aren't going to change my mind, I'm not going to change theirs, so why aggravate each other for nothing?

The crowned one

Move to Victoria, when I say I read, I get a line up of nurses. Crazy. Here it has a "cool factor" and no one cares in a negative way.

Grizabella

Grizabella, I'm 35, but I often think the same thing about myself. That at my age, it's pretty silly to care what anyone thinks. Glad to know that I'm not the only one, and that it's not something that automatically goes away when we reach a certain age!

It's often not so much that I care what anyone thinks about me, but that I don't want them to engage me in long conversations about how wrong I am. They aren't going to change my mind, I'm not going to change theirs, so why aggravate each other for nothing?

Yes, that's exactly it. I just hate the arguing part because it's so futile, but with certain people the only way to shut them up is to agree with them, which I won't do.