Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

rwcarter

Scion said:
And to those of you who are IDSing with other decks, just know that the Liber T is waiting patiently for you to come play. LOL

Scion

(Raises hand enthusiastically) I have your wonderful PDF and four, yes FOUR, copies of the Liber T awaiting me at some point in the (hopefully not too distant) future.

But before I can even contemplate that, I've got to complete my IDS with another deck. And before I can do that, I've got to figure out what that Devil is trying to tell me. He's definitely keeping his secrets quite close to the vest. But that stubborn Taurus in me is determined to get those secrets out of him....})

Rodney

sapienza

I attended my local tarot meet-up group this morning which, as always, was very enjoyable. Because today we did group readings we were working with the RWS deck and so in that sense I guess I kind of strayed a bit in my IDS :) I didn't see it as cheating though. What I found interesting was that it really reconfirmed for me just how much I love the Alchemical deck. I love it's system and how it's different from the GD style decks. In fact, I not sure if after this IDS is over I'll ever stop using it. Right now I think I've found 'the one'. What is interesting about that is the fact that I've spent the last five years searching for 'the one' and now I realise that any deck could be 'the one', if you just give it some TIME.

fluffy

Sapienza, thank you for your kind words. I kind of have felt like a failure, but I am sure that the Bosch just wasn't right. I really did try.... trimming it, daily draws, study readings, journalling etc it just wasn't happening.

Silverlotus said:
Argh, all this talk of the Liber T makes me lust after it. But I will stay true to my Steele Wizard.

I've finally managed to get two cards done, now that my little one is finally getting into a routine. (He was 11 weeks old yesterday.) I'm finding a good deal in these cards. They are much, much more than a RWS clone. Interestingly, the first card I worked on was one of the additions: the Maiden of Pentacles. And while I'm no longer a Maiden, I saw so much of myself in her. (I consider the Pentacles "my suit" since I am very stereotypical Taurus.)

I will admit to having the Liber T on backorder at Tarot Garden. And I strayed a bit when my Gaian arrived. No reading with it yet, but I can't wait to give it a try.

Well done is staying faithful so far with your steele! I can't believe your little one is in a routine already :) My son will be two in June as still isn't really in a routine, still we have a lovely life routineless!

Rodney, I look forward to studying the LiberT (four copies indeed :)) with you once you have finished with the Ancient Egyptian and that pesky devil.

Scion you were the enable who persuaded me that the Liber T and not the Thoth was the one for me!

Love Fluffy

ps. to all still continuing with the IDS well done everyone.

lilangel09

Yay! I've had a breakthrough! I was puzzling over my daily for today for quite some time, I noticed I was doing and then after talking to a few folks, it snapped. It wasn't an LWB meaning but a context thing, so it really made me happy. Also, after doing a few readings, it's given me more insights in what I'm comfortable doing and what I'm willing to do. I have not journaled, but I will at the first chance. I've also discovered how I want to mainly read Tarot since I will read also be reading in other ways if the sitter needs.

Toodles,
LilAngel

mosaica

Scion said:
For the Thoth IDSers I've been flicking to the Thoth when looking through the LIber T as part of my own IDS, and it really does change the way you see Lady Harris' paintings... but if you're being strictly monogamous, working directly with the Thoth will make the Liber T bloom when you get to it. And to those of you who are IDSing with other decks, just know that the Liber T is waiting patiently for you to come play. LOL

Scion

I just received my Liber T yesterday and will be using it in conjunction with my Thoth. The Thoth is still my main deck, but I'll be using the Liber T in order to gain a deeper understanding of the small cards.

PeterS

CRAZY! Yesterday, not last week but YESTERDAY, I posted that I had not been tempted to look at other decks and it is true. Well this morning get up and work on some of my e-mail readings and see that the new ATA Reflections is out. (http://www.ata-tarot.com/reflections)

In it is a great interview with the creator of the Archeon Tarot Tim Lantz. There is a review of the deck with has now been released in a new edition, super cheap on Amazon right now btw $11.69.

The final choice of which deck to use of the IDS was between the Liber T and the Archeon. I am fighting the urge to rush and get the deck from storage to start flipping through the cards. Good thing I have the all stored.

I am still very happy with my choice and certain I made the right one but just thought I would share my moment of weakness.

Peter

Myrrha

commitment backlash

As soon as I made a committment to the IDS I began to have a lot of negative thoughts about my chosen deck, the Cosmic Tarot. It is too much this and not enough that... the specific issues aren't really the point but that they came up really strongly as soon as I made a commitment to work exclusively with this deck. This was in spite of the fact that I had liked the deck in spite of these issues until I made the commitment.

My first thought was to switch decks as the Cosmic would just waste time and pull me away from the deck (out there somewhere!) that I really should be focussing on.

But I think these negative thoughts about the Cosmic are really not so much to do with the deck being wrong as a kind of automatic reaction to the fact of having made a commitment. (God help me if I ever get married). Realizing that this is some kind of commitment backlash has made it easier for me to stick with the Cosmic.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a similar reaction.

--Myrrha

rwcarter

I beat him!

rwcarter said:
Before typing this post, I realized that I see the numbers 1 and 2 in the cards. While looking at the card while typing this, I just realized that I also see 3. 1+2+3 = 6. The number of the card is XV, which reduces to 6. Coincidence? I'm not so sure about that. And there's some unspoken importance about the version of the caduceus that Set is holding. And there's some connection between the sun in the caduceus and the moon on Set's throne. Is it as simple as just representing Horus? Or is there some deeper meaning?
All it took was a good night's sleep (meaning fresh eyes and a clear mind) and a different book on numerology and I was able to wrest those secrets out of this card! Anyone interested can view the post here.

Rodney

Always Wondering

Is there a Liber T study group happening somewhere? Cause if there is I'm not finding it.

AW