Justice rx = karma?

Thirteen

Misunderstanding?

My own personal belief is that no one should act as Lady Justice.
What I have could, effectively, ruin his marriage and I have no interest in doing that.
I think you're both misunderstanding me if you think I'm saying that the card instructs anyone to act as Lady Justice or a vigilante. If lies are being told, if things are being stolen, if crimes are being committed...you don't have to put on a mask and avenge yourself on the person in order to restore the balance.

Has no one ever heard of, oh, calling the police? Informing a supervisor? Or just calling the person out on their lies so that they don't ruin someone else? These are things one can do to restore the balance, and they don't require that you take away an eye for an eye. They just require that you make sure the person can't continue to put their thumb on the scales of justice so that they get what they want.

If you point out that they're putting their thumb on the scales, forcing the to remove it, you will restore the balance. That, I think, is simple enough, and clear enough, as an action we can all take to serve karma and justice. Yes?

Michael Sternbach

Frankly, I find popular notions of karma as a punishment rather naïve. Alice A. Bailey and Jane Roberts (Seth) emphasized the inadequacy of its common interpretation too. Also, this is not what karma meant in the Vedic source texts. It's true that you may occasionally find such a falsified concept in some popular variations of Hinduism and Buddhism (which are about as far removed from their metaphysical sources as Cathechism is removed from Christian mysticism). How the idea found its way into Tarot reading from there, I have no idea. (Tarot is much more in line with Hermetic/neo-Platonic/Kabbalistic views.)

Thirteen

Can you elaborate?

Frankly, I find popular notions of karma as a punishment rather naïve. Alice A. Bailey and Jane Roberts (Seth) emphasized the inadequacy of its common interpretation too. Also, this is not what karma meant in the Vedic source texts. It's true that you may occasionally find such a falsified concept in some popular variations of Hinduism and Buddhism (which are about as far removed from their metaphysical sources as Cathechism is removed from Christian mysticism). How the idea found its way into Tarot reading from there, I have no idea. (Tarot is much more in line with Hermetic/neo-Platonic/Kabbalistic views.)
I have heard this. Could you elaborate a bit more on the inadequacy of this westernized interpretation of Karma? Why is it such a falsified concept and what is a more accurate way of viewing it.

I'd very much like to know, as the subject of Justice, Judgement, or the Wheel of Fortune being "karma" frequently comes up on this forum. It'd be useful to know how to discuss this with readers and make sure they understand why assigning such to these cards isn't accurate and in what way it's not accurate—or in what ways it might be accurate come to that.

As for how it found its way into Tarot...how did yoga find its way into gyms? ;) We humans are always absorbing ideas from each other and gluing those ideas onto other things, whether they fit or not. But to be fair, Tarot is nothing if not versatile and, if it couldn't accommodating other cultural spiritual philosophies, if it was calcified as a neo-platonic/hermetic/kaballistic tool, then only a very rarified few in the west would now be able to use it. The best tools are those that can be adapted, that can be made multi-cultural.

mysticangel_001

I think you're both misunderstanding me if you think I'm saying that the card instructs anyone to act as Lady Justice or a vigilante. If lies are being told, if things are being stolen, if crimes are being committed...you don't have to put on a mask and avenge yourself on the person in order to restore the balance.

Has no one ever heard of, oh, calling the police? Informing a supervisor? Or just calling the person out on their lies so that they don't ruin someone else? These are things one can do to restore the balance, and they don't require that you take away an eye for an eye. They just require that you make sure the person can't continue to put their thumb on the scales of justice so that they get what they want.

If you point out that they're putting their thumb on the scales, forcing the to remove it, you will restore the balance. That, I think, is simple enough, and clear enough, as an action we can all take to serve karma and justice. Yes?

Well I have talked to the manager, twice, about what is going on and he is trying to defuse the situation but now it is mainly none of us talking to each other and avoiding each other like the plague. That certainly doesn't help the tension any and I gave my two weeks notice but the manager talked me out of it...for now.

And I did find out today that there is a problem with the new car. His wife backed it into the driveway and left it in reverse when she turned the car off (it is a 5 speed manual). The next day he went out to start the car and it wouldn't start and he couldn't get it out of reverse. They aren't sure what the problem is, the battery is fully charged, but it won't start at all.

Thirteen

A literal reversal, it seems

reverse. They aren't sure what the problem is, the battery is fully charged, but it won't start at all.
Heh. Well, I guess that supports your interpretation, at least in regards to the wife buying a car like yours and trying to match/top you. The car is stuck in reverse (Justice rx). The lies, etc. might not have been addressed and justice been done on that score, but their attempt to outdo you with the same car have certainly met a literal reversal. And you got some Justice in that.

Laurelle

There is no misunderstanding. :) These are my own personal feelings on Lady Justice. They weren't prompted by your post.

I understanding what you're saying.

Laurelle

Well I have talked to the manager, twice, about what is going on and he is trying to defuse the situation but now it is mainly none of us talking to each other and avoiding each other like the plague. That certainly doesn't help the tension any and I gave my two weeks notice but the manager talked me out of it...for now.

And I did find out today that there is a problem with the new car. His wife backed it into the driveway and left it in reverse when she turned the car off (it is a 5 speed manual). The next day he went out to start the car and it wouldn't start and he couldn't get it out of reverse. They aren't sure what the problem is, the battery is fully charged, but it won't start at all.

Like the car situation....everything works out on it's own.

Did talking to the manager help the situation or hinder it? It sounds like it might have dramatized it.

He will continue to talk bad about you and slander you. That's reversed Justice because it's not fair and wrong. It worries me because he seems manipulative and you could have started something where his ego is driven to "take you down." I think Justice reversed might also be advising that trying to expose him will backfire on you, even thought you are right and he is wrong.

If it's too much for you to handle, find another job and then quit your current job. It may lead to better opportunities. You maybe fated to find another job. In this situation, I would ask the cards "What would happen if I found a new job?" and "What will happen if I keep this job?" Also ask, "What will happen if I keep trying to fight with the guy at work?" Draw a 1-3 cards for each question.

mysticangel_001

Heh. Well, I guess that supports your interpretation, at least in regards to the wife buying a car like yours and trying to match/top you. The car is stuck in reverse (Justice rx). The lies, etc. might not have been addressed and justice been done on that score, but their attempt to outdo you with the same car have certainly met a literal reversal. And you got some Justice in that.

Oh, me likey! That is definitely a good interpretation of that card. LOL

AND, I got proof today that the woman I originally mentioned (as starting the lies and rumors) IS the one who is doing it. I was talking to one of the former waitresses and she told me that this woman personally told her that I was stalking him, that I had slept with him, that his wife was divorcing him, that he was getting fired from the resort because of all of this, and that I was delusional and thought he was going to leave his wife for me. She said that she didn't say anything because she knew it was all BS but knowing now what kind of drama it is causing at work she is willing to go to the manager and tell him everything this woman said to her.

MAYBE, once the truth comes out and he finds out everything that she told him I was saying was lies, he will finally stop acting like a 12 year old and we can start getting along again. I am not sure I will ever trust or respect him again but I would like to at least be able to walk through the kitchen without him glaring at me for something I didn't do.

OK, just read back through my posts on here. I didn't mention the woman in this thread. There is one woman (who I thought was a friend and who got me the job where I currently work) who is the one who is spreading the lies and rumors.
When he first started accusing me of talking shit about him and his fiancee he said that it was this woman who was telling him these things. When I would confront her she would deny it and say that HE was the one saying it to her and everyone else. She said that he was trying to cover his ass, since his wife was coming to work there, and he didn't want her to know he had been hitting on me. Apparently I was naive because that sounded logical to me and the way he was treating me seemed to validate what she said. I started to doubt her after she messaged me and accused me of leaving a letter in the chef's office, talking shit about this guy. At that time I went to the food and beverage manager and said I was tired of the lies being told about me. He talked with everyone, let everyone know that the lies needed to stop, and there was no letter. Then about 2 weeks ago I was informed that there was a rumor going around that I had slept with this guy, his wife found out and was divorcing him, and he was getting fired from his job because of it. This woman's name came up as the person who started the rumor but I needed proof. I got that today, so hopefully it will all end soon because I sent a text the F&B manager and told him I got the proof he needed.

mysticangel_001

Like the car situation....everything works out on it's own.

Did talking to the manager help the situation or hinder it? It sounds like it might have dramatized it.

He will continue to talk bad about you and slander you. That's reversed Justice because it's not fair and wrong. It worries me because he seems manipulative and you could have started something where his ego is driven to "take you down." I think Justice reversed might also be advising that trying to expose him will backfire on you, even thought you are right and he is wrong.

If it's too much for you to handle, find another job and then quit your current job. It may lead to better opportunities. You maybe fated to find another job. In this situation, I would ask the cards "What would happen if I found a new job?" and "What will happen if I keep this job?" Also ask, "What will happen if I keep trying to fight with the guy at work?" Draw a 1-3 cards for each question.

I would have no problem finding another job, in fact the place that I left for my current job would LOVE to have me back. The food and beverage manager told my mom to tell me they want me back. I was there today and the food and beverage director (BIG boss) saw me and said, "Teri's in the house!" and gave me a huge smile, all the people I worked with keep asking if I am finally coming back. It is a good feeling to know I am missed and wanted back. I wouldn't have to worry about him following me back there again. He got fired from there (for his attitude) and it would probably be a cold day in Hell before he would go back there. Problem is I like my current job. I work half as hard and make twice as much money. It's a tough call. I am hoping that once the instigator is fired and he finds out what she told him about me was all lies then he will stop being a dick to me and we can all get along again. I don't expect an apology from him, but a truce would be wonderful.