Lost a book!

earthair

If anyone has a talent for seeing where lost things are, or just fancies
giving divining for lost objects a try... or maybe someone could point me in the right direction with dowsing for lost things?

I've lost a book. Paperback and I vaguely remember a white/pink tarot themed cover. Sorry I can't even remember what it's called because it was lent to me, and now I need to return it. I've looked everywhere in my house. All I can remember is I put it somewhere verrry safe *facepalm*

All I can offer the 'winner' is karma points and the satisfaction of being awesome :thumbsup:

DDwarks

If anyone has a talent for seeing where lost things are, or just fancies
giving divining for lost objects a try... or maybe someone could point me in the right direction with dowsing for lost things?

I've lost a book. Paperback and I vaguely remember a white/pink tarot themed cover. Sorry I can't even remember what it's called because it was lent to me, and now I need to return it. I've looked everywhere in my house. All I can remember is I put it somewhere verrry safe *facepalm*

All I can offer the 'winner' is karma points and the satisfaction of being awesome :thumbsup:

A desk draw/ somewhere where you seat down to study or the boot of your car or glove compartment x

earthair

A desk draw/ somewhere where you seat down to study or the boot of your car or glove compartment x

Not in either of those places alas.:livelong:

yannie

In a box on a shelf in your room or bathroom?

Barleywine

As I usually do with these questions, I ran a quick horary astrology chart. Here are a couple of places to consider. (Note that with a lost item there can be two different significators - here, Mercury is "book," Moon is "lost items in general;" I looked at both possibilities.)

On or near the floor (waist-high or below, maybe on a low shelf or in a chest), in a room where guests frequent (den, family room, guest bedroom, etc.) Possibly someplace where you keep things you associate with "friends."

In the informal room of the house; some place comfortable (these reinforce the "den" idea.) Possibly near a sink or other source of water (but I hope you wouldn't put a book in such a place :)).

At the North end of the house. Secondarily, check the Southeast direction (especially if "guests" go there).

Good luck!

earthair

In a box on a shelf in your room or bathroom?

No luck with these places.

As I usually do with these questions, I ran a quick horary astrology chart. Here are a couple of places to consider. (Note that with a lost item there can be two different significators - here, Mercury is "book," Moon is "lost items in general;" I looked at both possibilities.)

On or near the floor (waist-high or below, maybe on a low shelf or in a chest), in a room where guests frequent (den, family room, guest bedroom, etc.) Possibly someplace where you keep things you associate with "friends."

In the informal room of the house; some place comfortable (these reinforce the "den" idea.) Possibly near a sink or other source of water (but I hope you wouldn't put a book in such a place :)).

At the North end of the house. Secondarily, check the Southeast direction (especially if "guests" go there).

Good luck!

This got me remembering more...that there was a visitor coming who didn't know I read tarot, so I was hiding it from view. But still no sign of it. I have tidied a cupboard though in the SE. :angel: The north of my house is all stairs so I'd have literally tripped over it by now.

Puffette

Behind a drawer or under bed. Or somewhere up where no one can reach it or see it. If u hide it from a visitor then u must have put it in your room. Could also be the kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluelagune

Say this out loud:

"Little devil, little devil
You have played a little,
Now put my *book* back where you found it"...

And go about your business. You will find it tomorow.

Barleywine

Haven't seen an update, so I tried something else. I have a special spread I created that blends horary astrology meanings with tarot cards. I ran that today to see if it would give any additional insights.

First I randomly picked a significator for the central position from the court cards of a second deck, with the idea that its "facing" might give a nod (literally) toward which direction to search. But I got the King of Swords, who is facing outward and barely inclining his sword to the East (King's right side). Normally, the facing-out posture would reflect South (upright) or North (reversed). Then I laid out 8 cards counter-clockwise in a circle around it from the East (left-most) position. In the East position sat the upright 7 of Swords. All of the other cards showing possible directions (save the Knight of Swords in the West - more about that later) were reversed, which I take as a preliminary "No," so I interpreted the leaning Sword of the King and the upright 7 of Swords to indicate a "due East" orientation. Both of the cards being Swords, it seemed like a good "signature" for a book. The figure in the 7 of Swords looks like he's "stealing away" with five purloined swords, out of the area in an easterly direction. The Knight of Swords (score another one for "book") appears to be rushing onto the scene from the West, perhaps showing that your hiding of the book was a hurried event.

On the face of it, this seems to be showing that the book has left the immediate premises, going East, while the "guest" you mentioned came in from the West. It makes me wonder whether trash disposal, or a place where trash might be gathered for disposal (like a garage bin or dumpster), lies toward the East. The Seven shows a couple of things: it is probably more "far" than "near" in its relation to you, it is probably with several or quite a few other items, and it is in fair-to-poor condition; also that the search will be a moderately lengthy one. Swords suggest the book is near a window, or possibly with "cutting tools" that you might find in a work area.

If it somehow went out with the trash, it's probably gone for good. If the trash is still in a "holding area," you might widen your search (but it might be damaged if you find it).

Again, good luck!

ETA: One thing I forgot to mention. A King in the center of the spread can show that an older male - husband (or male partner), father or grandfather - has the lost item. But I see that as a long shot.

Onion Budgie

I used my pendulum for this, and it spelled out the word "hand mirror".

Try looking anywhere that you keep one of these; the book may be very close by.

Good luck!