Lost a book!

earthair

Behind a drawer or under bed. Or somewhere up where no one can reach it or see it. If u hide it from a visitor then u must have put it in your room. Could also be the kitchen.

Apologies for the delay- I was knee deep cleaning and sorting through the bedroom- alas no luck there. Otherhalf was in charge of kitchen and says it's not there either.

Say this out loud:

"Little devil, little devil
You have played a little,
Now put my *book* back where you found it"...

And go about your business. You will find it tomorow.

I hope so! :)

earthair

Haven't seen an update, so I tried something else. I have a special spread I created that blends horary astrology meanings with tarot cards. I ran that today to see if it would give any additional insights.

First I randomly picked a significator for the central position from the court cards of a second deck, with the idea that its "facing" might give a nod (literally) toward which direction to search. But I got the King of Swords, who is facing outward and barely inclining his sword to the East (King's right side). Normally, the facing-out posture would reflect South (upright) or North (reversed). Then I laid out 8 cards counter-clockwise in a circle around it from the East (left-most) position. In the East position sat the upright 7 of Swords. All of the other cards showing possible directions (save the Knight of Swords in the West - more about that later) were reversed, which I take as a preliminary "No," so I interpreted the leaning Sword of the King and the upright 7 of Swords to indicate a "due East" orientation. Both of the cards being Swords, it seemed like a good "signature" for a book. The figure in the 7 of Swords looks like he's "stealing away" with five purloined swords, out of the area in an easterly direction. The Knight of Swords (score another one for "book") appears to be rushing onto the scene from the West, perhaps showing that your hiding of the book was a hurried event.

On the face of it, this seems to be showing that the book has left the immediate premises, going East, while the "guest" you mentioned came in from the West. It makes me wonder whether trash disposal, or a place where trash might be gathered for disposal (like a garage bin or dumpster), lies toward the East. The Seven shows a couple of things: it is probably more "far" than "near" in its relation to you, it is probably with several or quite a few other items, and it is in fair-to-poor condition; also that the search will be a moderately lengthy one. Swords suggest the book is near a window, or possibly with "cutting tools" that you might find in a work area.

If it somehow went out with the trash, it's probably gone for good. If the trash is still in a "holding area," you might widen your search (but it might be damaged if you find it).

Again, good luck!

ETA: One thing I forgot to mention. A King in the center of the spread can show that an older male - husband (or male partner), father or grandfather - has the lost item. But I see that as a long shot.

Husband moving the book is probably a factor, yet he can't even remember seeing it.

To help with your kind assistance I thought I'd best give you the geography of my house- which is square and oriented exactly N to S
Downstairs south facing= living room and music room, north facing= kitchen and stairs/hall
Upstairs south facing=2 bedrooms, north facing bathroom and box room with stairs coming up between them :livelong:

yannie

You know, there was once I wondered where a bag of some of my crystals had gone. I searched & searched but no luck, so I gave up. One day, when I'd forgetten about them, I found them behind a stack of books while spring cleaning.

BEHIND A STACK OF BOOKS.

Have you tried that?

ETA or under/behind a pile of papers. Those things can easily hide a book.

earthair

I used my pendulum for this, and it spelled out the word "hand mirror".

Try looking anywhere that you keep one of these; the book may be very close by.

Good luck!

Could it be something else? I don't own any mirrors except big ones stuck on wall/wardrobe.

Barleywine

Husband moving the book is probably a factor, yet he can't even remember seeing it.

Hmm, if you stuck it inside something portable (magazine, newspaper, clothing, etc.) to get it out of sight, and your husband moved that, he probably never would have noticed unless it fell out.

earthair

Hmm, if you stuck it inside something portable (magazine, newspaper, clothing, etc.) to get it out of sight, and your husband moved that, he probably never would have noticed unless it fell out.

It was thick enough that I hope he would have felt a massive lumpy thing!

yannie

Do let us know if it turns up behind/under a pile of something.

earthair

It's not in the attic :(

I can't get a pendulum to work for me. It just sits there doing nothing:rolleyes:

(I know we're not supposed to use tarot on this forum, but amusingly I drew 3 cards 'what did I do with it' 'where is it now' 'will I ever find it' and got 4cups Strength Hanged Man...using the Fergus Hall you will see why that's so funny :joke::joke::joke::joke::joke:)