Lost a book!

Barleywine

It's not in the attic :(

I can't get a pendulum to work for me. It just sits there doing nothing:rolleyes:

(I know we're not supposed to use tarot on this forum, but amusingly I drew 3 cards 'what did I do with it' 'where is it now' 'will I ever find it' and got 4cups Strength Hanged Man...using the Fergus Hall you will see why that's so funny :joke::joke::joke::joke::joke:)

Oops, I should have suspected that. But maybe using the tarot cards as an adjunct to the "compass reading" approach I used is an acceptable hybrid? It's the first time I tried it here, and I was mainly looking at the facing and movement, not the standard meanings.

DDwarks

Haven't seen an update, so I tried something else. I have a special spread I created that blends horary astrology meanings with tarot cards. I ran that today to see if it would give any additional insights.

First I randomly picked a significator for the central position from the court cards of a second deck, with the idea that its "facing" might give a nod (literally) toward which direction to search. But I got the King of Swords, who is facing outward and barely inclining his sword to the East (King's right side). Normally, the facing-out posture would reflect South (upright) or North (reversed). Then I laid out 8 cards counter-clockwise in a circle around it from the East (left-most) position. In the East position sat the upright 7 of Swords. All of the other cards showing possible directions (save the Knight of Swords in the West - more about that later) were reversed, which I take as a preliminary "No," so I interpreted the leaning Sword of the King and the upright 7 of Swords to indicate a "due East" orientation. Both of the cards being Swords, it seemed like a good "signature" for a book. The figure in the 7 of Swords looks like he's "stealing away" with five purloined swords, out of the area in an easterly direction. The Knight of Swords (score another one for "book") appears to be rushing onto the scene from the West, perhaps showing that your hiding of the book was a hurried event.

On the face of it, this seems to be showing that the book has left the immediate premises, going East, while the "guest" you mentioned came in from the West. It makes me wonder whether trash disposal, or a place where trash might be gathered for disposal (like a garage bin or dumpster), lies toward the East. The Seven shows a couple of things: it is probably more "far" than "near" in its relation to you, it is probably with several or quite a few other items, and it is in fair-to-poor condition; also that the search will be a moderately lengthy one. Swords suggest the book is near a window, or possibly with "cutting tools" that you might find in a work area.

If it somehow went out with the trash, it's probably gone for good. If the trash is still in a "holding area," you might widen your search (but it might be damaged if you find it).

Again, good luck!

ETA: One thing I forgot to mention. A King in the center of the spread can show that an older male - husband (or male partner), father or grandfather - has the lost item. But I see that as a long shot.

That's an interesting post!
My original feeling was associated with travel and studying. Hence why I suggested your car or a desk draw. But, it could also be someone taking the book ( movement) for the purpose of studying it themselves?
How about a thread in "your readings"?

bluelagune

Those cards look to me that you gave it to someone and forgot about it.

earthair

That's an interesting post!
My original feeling was associated with travel and studying. Hence why I suggested your car or a desk draw. But, it could also be someone taking the book ( movement) for the purpose of studying it themselves?
How about a thread in "your readings"?

This has really worried me because I'm getting flashbacks of having taken it with me on a recent trip and leaving it under folders on a table. So I am going to check to car just in case.

The bookcases and behind the bookcases in my house are all nice and clean though - I even hoovered my books while AT servers were down :angel:

Emily

This has really worried me because I'm getting flashbacks of having taken it with me on a recent trip and leaving it under folders on a table. So I am going to check to car just in case.

The bookcases and behind the bookcases in my house are all nice and clean though - I even hoovered my books while AT servers were down :angel:

I bet lol Whilst looking for my remote I moved everything and ended up giving the living room a deep clean, I had the hoover nozzle stuck in places in the settee and chairs that had never seen the hoover before lol (Then I had to check inside the cleaner to make sure I hadn't also sucked up the remote).

Barleywine

I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Several years ago I was experimenting with lithomancy and ways to blend it with astology. Traditionally, lithomancy is performed by randomly drawing symbolic stones or "lots" (items of personal significance) from a larger population and reading the outcome in the symbols drawn. A more advanced method is to cast these symbol-marked stones onto a prepared surface (like a circle with segments drawn in for different areas of divinational meaning; even a Ouija board will do) and read both where the stones fall and how close they land to one another.

I decided to create my own astrological casting-board with ways to thoroughly randomize the toss. The attached photo shows the result. I originally used my astrological geomancy stones with it, but they were slightly too large to "mix" properly. So I found some "letter beads" at a craft shop and picked a bead for each of the ten planets and the Part of Fortune.

I cast the beads for the question "Where is earthair's book?" Note that the photo shows blank squares where the cuspal signs should be; I forgot to enter them. Aquarius was on the Ascendant, and the bead for Mercury (lord of "books") landed in Aquarius in the First House, near the cusp of the Second House. Mars (the "lord of sharp, burning, cutting things") is there with Mercury (together, Mercury and Mars rule "automobiles"). Pisces is on the Second House cusp, and the Part of Fortune landed there.

The First House is in the East and shows "the immediate vicinity of the querent," so the book should be close at hand in an easterly direction. The Second House is indicative of movable possessions, which describes a small item such as a book. Aquarius - an Air sign - suggests that the book may be high up, perhaps on a shelf or near a light source like a window or TV. The presence of Mars means it could be near a heating unit like a radiator, stove or furnace, or near cutting tools. Since Mercury is "moving" into the Piscean Second House, the book may have been relocated to somewhere wet, like a laundry area or washroom. It is likely well-hidden. The Part of Fortune here shows that this may a "lucky" hunch.

It's interesting that this method reiterates the Eastern location and also the ideas of a window and a workshop. Do you have a well-lit area where you do any kind of sewing or needle-work?

Attachments

• Astro-Lithomancy Reading 4-24-16.jpg
    Astro-Lithomancy Reading 4-24-16.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 84

earthair

I FOUND IT!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

I had put it in a small suitcase so I could study it while I was away, and forgot it was in the front pocket! I found it because I'm travelling today, and thought I needed to take a good book with me...I opened the pocket...and ta-dah! a good book was all ready for me :D

Suitcase was high up on top of a wardrobe on the East of the house.
Thanks everybody :)

My original feeling was associated with travel and studying. ( movement) for the purpose of studying it themselves?

Hmm, if you stuck it inside something portable (magazine, newspaper, clothing, etc.) to get it out of sight, and your husband moved that, he probably never would have noticed unless it fell out.

Barleywine

Great news! I kept seeing "East" and others were clairvoyantly seeing "up high." Nice collaborative effort. I once found a long-lost address book the same way. We came back from a trip and didn't take it out of the suitcase, only found it when preparing for another trip.

starburst_au

*giggles* I was just reading this thread and was about to attempt to have a shot in the dark as to where the book was.... SO i'm glad you found it.

I was going to suggest near furniture.... yep vague. The method to my madness. I saw a pink and white freedom furniture ad flash on my screen :p (Freedom furniture is a furniture shop in Australia...)

:p SB

Onion Budgie

Hooray! I'm glad you found it.

The wardrobe wasn't a mirrored one by any chance, was it?! (I'm recalling how my stoopid pendulum spelled out "hand mirror".) :D