MUGWORT TEA for DIVINATION ABILITY

Liatris

Hi All - Has anyone here had any experience with drinking a cup of mugwort tea before scrying or other divination ? 1 teaspoon of the dried herb steeped in a cup that has just boiled water over it (infusion) is the dose. I have just seen posts around - one said that it will increase your scrying ability A LOT !!!

Just wondering it anyone has ever tried it.

Thanks,

Liatris

Milfoil

I'm not sure about scrying ability, I've never used mugwort for that but I have used it (eat it neat, rather than tea or other form) for dream recall.

It can be very effective if taken just before bed (but not if I have been drinking alcohol).

Let me know how you get on with it as a scrying aid.

Liatris

Thanks for your reply, Milfoil. I will let you know when I try it.

What do you mean by "eat it neat" versus tea form ?

Teacups

It means don't use ketchup!

(just kidding, sorry!) :D

Milfoil

:laugh:

Yes, it just means to eat the herb as is. No cooking or preparing - just take a bit of the dried (or fresh) herb (usually the unopened flower and leaf harvested around the end of summer) and eat it.

I quite like the taste but then I love Pernod and Absinthe.

Liatris

Milfoil - Thanks for the clarification ... and, Asphodel, I will not be having it with ketchup :).

Barbaras Ahajusts

asphodel said:
It means don't use ketchup!

(just kidding, sorry!) :D

ROTFLMAO!!
Now that is my brand of humor! :D

Now let me get this straight,Milfoil ...Mugwart to dream recall? Just chew a bit and you get a buzz of recall "ations?" :D

I did try Nutmeg for a buzz, but it was purely for the "buzz" of it! I don't advise doing it if you have a weak stomach!

I wonder if it would help me remember my lastest dreams of an ongoing-dream I keep having? "He" will watch me for a spell then start touching me as he talks to me. Its really disconcerting as I am ticked off for him acting like this. In the dream and in waking!
:D:D:D

:)Barbara

Barbaras Ahajusts

Goggled/A dreamy mugwort page...

"From the Herbal Smoking Mixtures book

Mugwort is a very interesting plant deep in historical references. It is often said to promote prophetic dreams. I don't find this to be true all the time. It seems to me that Mugwort intensifies the dreaming process. It all depends on where you are in this process.

If you don't dream, Mugwort will help you to dream, but you may not remember them. If you don't remember your dreams Mugwort will help you to remember them. If you remember your dreams, Mugwort will help you to have conscious dreams. Conscious dreams are dreams where you are aware that you are dreaming and in full control of the situation. If you are consciously dreaming already, the plant will increase the frequency and control.

None of this implies that the dreams will be pleasant. Some people don't remember their dreams for a reason. Mugwort can cause nightmares and restless dreams leading to lack of sleep or poor quality of sleep. I know of an essential oil company that puts a warning on their Artemisia oil: Caution, may cause nightmares.

Certainly, Mugwort can lead to prophetic dreams if that is what you are into. I do not prefer that course of dream work. It is all up to you. One of my long term students feels that Mugwort is the most reality altering of all the psychotropics he's tried."

http://home.teleport.com/~howieb/treats/mugwort.html

Hummm...sounds interesting for dream interps.
Thanks for the tip off Milfoil!

;)Barbara

MoonLitCrystal

This sounds very interesting, but I am a bit of a chicken and fear that I'd "freak out." I can't imagine being in a mind-altered state, being afraid, and not being able to stop it.

Elnor

MoonLitCrystal said:
This sounds very interesting, but I am a bit of a chicken and fear that I'd "freak out." I can't imagine being in a mind-altered state, being afraid, and not being able to stop it.

Mugwort has been used for centuries, and I doubt it would cause that kind of reaction.

Culpepper, (London astrologer, physician, and herbalist during the 1600's) wrote that mugwort is "an excellent tea for female disorders"...it's Latin name of "Artemesia Vulgaris" is said to be in honour of Artemis, the Goddess of the Moon- the Lunar cycles being linked to women's menstrual cycles, (which could also be where it's long association with witchcraft and scrying comes from!)

**Note- because it helps to regulate menstrual cycles, it should NOT be used when pregnant!!

The ancient Saxon tribes believed it to be one of the nine sacred herbs given to us by the gods, and it has shown in modern medical trials to help regulate erratic female cycles.

It is an all-round beneficial herb, (it's one of my favourites!) and one herbal website had this to say about it....

"Used for centuries as an alternative medicine, it is antibacterial, anthelmintic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, carminative, cholagogue, diaphoretic, digestive, diuretic, emmenagogue, expectorant, haemostatic, nervine, purgative, stimulant, stomachic, and tonic, cleansing toxins from the blood. An infusion of the leaves and flowering tops is used in the treatment of all matters connected to the digestive system, it increases stomach acid and bile production, eases gas and bloating, improving digestion, the absorption of nutrients and strengthening the entire digestive system."

It does however contain a constituent which prevents really deep sleep, and this is how it stimulates dreams, and aids dream recall. You could either have a weak infusion of it before bedtime, (just to see how you get on with it) or even just stuff a herbal sleep pillow with it.

elnor