*Must have Tarot books

cormac

my favorite and the one i rely on the most is "The Tarot Workbook: A Step-by-Step Guide to Discovering the Wisdom of the Cards" by Nevill Drury -- a very straightforward, very well laid out book -- a good read and very convenient for quick reference to spark your memory :) -- it's geared toward the traditional Rider-Waite but is informative enough I think for general tarot knowledge

Umbrae

Ahhh the BEST book (IMHO) is small. Has 78 unbound pages that you can rearrange however you choose, and no text.

There is no ‘author’.

:smoker:

Greywoolfe

My personal favourite Must Haves are:

Tarot Reversals, Mary K. Greer,

78 Degrees Of Wisdom, Rachel Pollack,

The Pictorial Key To The Tarot, Arthur Edward Waite,

Step By Step Tarot, by Terry Donaldson.

As far as companion books to decks goes, top marks go to my wifes' Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot, by our very own Baba prague- it's so good, I want a BBC deck for myself! :)

:T2C

Teheuti

The best way to get your feelings about the books you love out into the world is to write reviews for amazon and barnesandnoble.com - especially the latter since not so many tarot people express their views on that site. All of us authors and deck creators would really appreciate it.

Mary

Valerieb66

Ordered...

What an amazing list of wonderful books here! Really great that you all want to share this list with everyone.

I kinda got inspired some of you so I just ordered: (Amazon.com):

Tarot For Self Discovery (Special Topics in Tarot) by Braden, Nina Lee [Paperback]
By: Nina Lee Braden

Tarot Mirrors [Paperback] by Greer, Mary K

2006 Tarot Reader (Llewellyn's Tarot Reader)

Can't wait for them to arive (will take about two weeks) and go on reading Tarot!!

kwaw

Not tarot but for anyone interested in history of ideas that may be presented in tarot:

Neoplatonism in the Renaissance by Nesca A Robb
Platonism in the Renaissance by Hankin
Pagan Mysteries in the Renaissance by Edgar Wind

Kwaw