My Crystal Ball

PrincessPaulina

EmpressArwen and Phoenix11: Welcome to the party! You can scrye looking at the wall or ceiling if you want, lacking a ball. ;-)

Oh, yes, it is possible to skrye in just about any medium!
Some faves: fire/candle, waves, clouds/sky, branches, sand...
The possibilities are endless :)

Didn't someone mention doing it off floor tiles?

GotH

When did you realize you could scry?

Here is something that I mentioned earlier to you (Phoenix) but spoken by Canid. I'm going to copy a quote by her from 2010. I just found this flipping through past crystal ball threads.

Have you ever seen things, images, on the backs of your eyelids when they're closed? Seen things in clouds, or even the dentist's ceiling tiles? If so, you were scrying. But as suggested here, it takes a lot of practice, if you want to 'do' anything with the images, to control & bring up specifics at will. Still, it's pretty cool, just looking.

So as for me, I guess I have been scrying since I was just a little girl. I remember laying back on the grass as a young girl and seeing image after image in the fluffy clouds. It got to the point where every time I'd look up there'd be something posing or looking right back at me! Now I don't really notice them anymore unless I "look." Kind of like walking through a crowded street. You don't really notice anyone in particular unless you look at them.

Then there was a certain disturbing wall at work I would try to ignore. All that wall seemed to have was tortured evil looking faces. :( No matter where my eyes would shift to, I'd see something screaming in pain or mean and angry.

With the behind the eyelid images- TRUE. Sometimes I couldn't close my eyes as certain faces would pop up. Sometimes I would see eyes looking right back at me. This use to scare the STUFF out of me. A few times I thought I was just psychotic when this would happen. I seriously thought I was going nuts. Sometimes these images would come up all the time and others times not so much. The eyelid bit I thought was my own mental weirdness but I thought everyone saw the cloud "shows."

GotH

Oh, yes, it is possible to skrye in just about any medium!
Some faves: fire/candle, waves, clouds/sky, branches, sand...
The possibilities are endless :)

Didn't someone mention doing it off floor tiles?

I guess everyone is different with what they can scry with. :) I've never seen anything in waves.

I guess I can scry with wood (branches and trees, especially the empty spaces where the branches have been cut) really easily too.

celticnoodle has a story about floor tiles. :)

stonesatiety

:eek: Now that is some pretty intense stuff! And I'm sure it all made sense AFTER the fact. Perhaps we are not supposed to interfere with "destiny?" (???) Or are these images warnings for us to step in? What are we supposed to do with them?

Thanks so much for sharing this sad story. She obviously had some serious giftedness going there.

"Should" is a concept applied in light of external rules. We can do what we choose. Our emotional holds and judgements cloud our perception. In this way, the meals we choose from our banquet of choices range from scrumptious to bitter, each a perfect fit to our perception at the time. Soooo, inner work that leads to less judgement of self and others, less projection of our expectations onto life, leads to an ever-increasing cornucopia of delights.

Wow. When's the last time I used that word? Hmm.

Spiritual/Occult traditions use a wide range of techniques in an attempt to crush the facade we hide behind. It's all a multi-pronged endeavor to help the novice see. We humans are unusual creatures!

Speaking of unusual creatures, I look forward to our Creature Feature on Tuesday!

stonesatiety

Here is something that I mentioned earlier to you (Phoenix) but spoken by Canid. I'm going to copy a quote by her from 2010. I just found this flipping through past crystal ball threads.

So as for me, I guess I have been scrying since I was just a little girl. I remember laying back on the grass as a young girl and seeing image after image in the fluffy clouds. It got to the point where every time I'd look up there'd be something posing or looking right back at me! Now I don't really notice them anymore unless I "look." Kind of like walking through a crowded street. You don't really notice anyone in particular unless you look at them.

Then there was a certain disturbing wall at work I would try to ignore. All that wall seemed to have was tortured evil looking faces. :( No matter where my eyes would shift to, I'd see something screaming in pain or mean and angry.

With the behind the eyelid images- TRUE. Sometimes I couldn't close my eyes as certain faces would pop up. Sometimes I would see eyes looking right back at me. This use to scare the STUFF out of me. A few times I thought I was just psychotic when this would happen. I seriously thought I was going nuts. Sometimes these images would come up all the time and others times not so much. The eyelid bit I thought was my own mental weirdness but I thought everyone saw the cloud "shows."

I remember a wall at one place I worked that I kept an eye on! I used to sit and monitor its intention. It knew better than to try any shenanigans around me. ha! Lots of spiritual mischief revealed in our earth home. That was years ago. Lately things are arising in order to be healed. 'Bout time.

In my case, although I've experienced what you describe--especially the clouds, lovely clouds--now it's like I skip the image stage. I notice a breeze I cannot feel move a branch and know all kinds of things. I'm used it, and like you, realize I have been training myself unknowingly since childhood, but when I stop and think about it, it's over the top wild!

That's the reason I share. I must share! I feel such joy at being human. Beneath it all we are magnificent. We've started remembering, so I wonder what we'll say looking back at this time even a year from now? ha!

stonesatiety

Last night I was dreaming with Ssen and noticed an unusual presence in a dream, so I bathed myself in my white light of protection and healing. I felt an immediate physical relief. Soon afterwards I was again asleep and noticed against a white background, a white face looking at me without emotion. It felt odd to me, but I couldn't remember what to do. Oh yeah: I am my violet flame. Again I felt immediate physical relief! I can still see that face, but I do not remember the first entity.

Later I realized this visitation and release was related to my work with scepter crystals in the way described at underworld classroom dot com. Atlantean mischief can be found all over the place, and once again, I felt it. Some holds I conscoiusly released and remembering opened the door to an inner healing in which the Atlantean Lords' presence was required. That was the white image. Wow! That consciousness regularly soothes beings into forgetfulness as a way of opening hearts without the being's consent.

EmpressArwen

EmpressArwen and Phoenix11: Welcome to the party! You can scrye looking at the wall or ceiling if you want, lacking a ball. ;-)

No way!!! Cool! I am going to try it. I think I will try the bowl of water first!!

stonesatiety

No way!!! Cool! I am going to try it. I think I will try the bowl of water first!!

That might be easier than using a wall or the ceiling. Of course, once you recieve your crystal ball...

Mycroft

Whilst we're all getting ready for Tuesday's big 'Scry-In' I thought I'd share some lovely old stuff from a time before the term Crystal Ball came into common usage. Yes, in the first half of the last century they appear to always be referred to as Gazing Crystals, as the King Novelty Co, Prof Seward and L W de Laurence show us here;

Click for full size images

So Tuesday beckons, and soon it will be time for us all to make like Dorothy;

normal_THE_WIZARD_OF_OZ_060.jpg

spinnachie

that is a gorgeous crystal ball...my boyfriend bought me one the size of a baseball for christmas...i haven't used it yet though because im trying not to tackle to many things at once ;)