Mystical Cats Tarot

gregory

Disclaimer: I have only looked at the Mystical Cats deck online, and own the Pagan Cats. My personal opinion is that Pagan Cats is much more a reading deck. More symbols, you get drawn into the magic much more easily. It just strikes me as a more accessible deck. I am not even tempted by the Mystical Cats but loved Pagan Cats right away.
I love them both - much more than Cat's Eye. But Alta's absolutely right - for reading, Pagan Cats is MILES ahead. Read Lillie's review here, and you will have the decision made already ! It's so subtle.

This from one who tried to get Alta to buy Mystical Cats just last week. (and failed...)

Myrrha

Very straightforward! I asked it once about a "friend" of mine who makes fun of me about my crystals, and one of the cards I got was the 3 of swords.. with the cat knocking over the crystal just for the fun of seeing it break! Because that's exactly what this friend would do, if given a chance. Ha!

It's very spot on. Enjoyable to read with.

I didn't mean that I found the messages too straightforward in the sense that they say things directly. I just found the imagery too concrete and specific. In decks where the imagery has more symbolism and is a bit more open-ended the image can mean more than one thing. With this deck while it was easy to read so I liked it at first, I could never read more than one thing in it. I guess it just wasn't a good match for me, hope it continues to work out well for you.

La Hierbera

One of the things I like most about the Mystical Cats is that it’s very easy for me to make personal connections between the cards and the many felines I have known and loved over the years. This is also one of the drawbacks to using the deck, since I always cry when I draw certain cards, such as Death, Five of Earth, and Ten of Sky. This is fine when I read for friends and family, because they know what a sensitive Cat-lady I am, but I really need to get a grip before I read this deck for strangers, as I’m sure having your tarot reader suddenly burst into tears can be rather unsettling.

So far, I have only used this deck once in a reading for a cat, and I think the simplicity of this tarot lends itself very well to this. I can envision using Mystical Cats, Cat’s Eye and Tarot for Cats, 'for' cats, and other cat decks (white, black, medieval, cat people, pagan etc) for cat people/humans.

EarthAngel2911

I love the art in this deck and the natural cat behavior it illustrates. If you're a cat lover and cat owner, it would probably be an easier read just because you know cat body language.

Another deck similar in that regard that I haven't heard mentioned is the Bleu Cat Tarot by Beth Seilonen, published by Schiffer. It's monochromatic (in shades of blue, of course :) ), and the images are sparing. But it reads so well for me because of the cat body language, almost like talking with my own little kitties. :)

Lunaea

I found this fabric in a local shop and bought a FQ to make a pouch for the Mystical Cats, then returned the next week for a full yard to make a reading cloth for the deck. It just seems like a perfect pairing!

https://d2d00szk9na1qq.cloudfront.n...94-b08a-42de58d141ff/Images/Large_0322866.jpg

Purrfect indeed! Besides being on the backs of the cards, you've probably noticed that the aces are all pawprints, emblems of the four cat clans.

Because the discussion is about bags at the moment, I wanted to remind fans of the deck that Mickie makes the most gorgeous bags using any of the images from our deck that you'd like. Search on Etsy for mysticalcatstarot. Here's a picture to whet your appetite:

https://img1.etsystatic.com/038/0/8830912/il_570xN.537838603_jp1c.jpg

greatdane

With all the Cat Tarot Decks out there...

It is interesting reading readers choices especially between Mystical, Pagan and Cat's Eye!

The style reminds me a bit of Cat's Eye. I liked the look of Pagan Cats, but I would have liked it better borderless. But I think all three have their positive aspects.

La Hierbera

Purrfect indeed! Besides being on the backs of the cards, you've probably noticed that the aces are all pawprints, emblems of the four cat clans.

Yes, yes! I also associate it with the paw prints on the Earth King card… “Beyond the present generation of cats, he is also aware of past generations – the paws that have walked his territory before him—and the responsibility he bears to those ancestors to keep the peace”…and I think of all my own feline companions that walk beside me, both in the past and present.

Because the discussion is about bags at the moment, I wanted to remind fans of the deck that Mickie makes the most gorgeous bags using any of the images from our deck that you'd like. Search on Etsy for mysticalcatstarot.

oooooh…such a dangerous shop! I already have about a dozen items on my birthday wishlist, starting with this gorgeous pouch https://www.etsy.com/listing/172293917/cat-magic-mystical-cats-tarot-bag?ref=favs_view_3