Oh, those nine of swords.

nisaba

deweydjb said:
I am really concerned. Monday I drew the nine of swords as my future. It looked bleak but I tried to move on as best I could. Today I drew the nine of swords as my future again but this time it was reversed.

I am not sure what all this could mean. I am trying not to worry. But isn't that partly what the nine of swords is trying to say? Am I thinking too much?

I am ready to pour salt on this deck and bury it!
In your case, tjhe Nine Swords has been a self-fulfilling prophesy. It is about negative thinking, over-worrying, not being able to look at the positives. And what has happened since you saw it? you've been thinking negatively, over-worrying and not looking at the positives! Just shows you how great and accurate tehse cards are! <smile>

Niklas Zweig

Well, what nisaba wrote reflects pretty much what I read in the question: You're representing the 9 of swords pretty accurately.

Now, I think it's a bit strange that so many authors of books and decks put so much negativity in the suit of swords. I mean, you could get the impression that this suit was mostly catastrophic from start to end. But then again obstacles are far from being just negative. For examble anxiety can block you, but you can also overcome this hurdle and move freely again.

~N.

Seafra

Not a darn thing wrong in the 9 of swords -- its meaning isn't only worry. Grieving is necessary and if not done to its fullest it will return to haunt you. Are you or were you re-visiting something you had to grieve? In today's society we aren't allowed to grieve fully IMO and if the grieving process isn't completed it will sneak up on you.

Niklas Zweig

Oh, that's a good thought, Seafra. Thank you!

Edit: Oh, I just see that it would be hard to connect this card to grieving if you're using the Crowley deck. Mars in Gemini - that is not grieving, that is cruelty. And the swords are all pointed at the person reading the cards.

N.