ORC #1 - March - blackroseivy & faunabay

faunabay

OK, BRI. Here's our reading thread. I'm really interested in trying this out. I haven't done a true ogham reading before. :)

Our spread will be a simple one:
3 cards/staves -Upperworld/Middleworld/Lowerworld - (from the Green Man Tree Oracle - John Matthews, Will Worthington)

The tree reaches from the underworld where our ancestral wisdom lies (roots), through the middleworld - where we live our everyday lives (trunk), to the upperworld of Spirit (branches).

1. Upperworld - starry wisdom, clarity of insight that cuts through confusion of daily life, the Spirit, . What starry wisdom illuminates the situation?

2. Middleworld - earthly wisdom, the physical. What is the truth at the core of the matter?

3. Lowerworld - ancestral wisdom. What deep resourceful help is available?

This spread can also be read as a Past/Present/Future if you and your partner choose!

If using staves/fews:
1. Draw 3 staves from your Ogham bag and place them one above the other:
---1---(Upperworld)
---2---(Middleworld)
---3---(Lowerworld)

If using card:
1. Draw 3 cards and place them one above the other:
---1---(Upperworld)
---2---(Middleworld)
---3---(Lowerworld)

blackroseivy

I've done a few w/my "Celtic Sticks" by Caitlin Matthews.

My question is: Will I become involved romantically with D?

What is yours? :)

faunabay

blackroseivy said:
I've done a few w/my "Celtic Sticks" by Caitlin Matthews.

My question is: Will I become involved romantically with D?

What is yours? :)
Your question is a yes/no? Would it be better to ask something like what do I need to know if I get involved.......or maybe not involved? What do you think? We'd get more informative answers if we phrase it a bit differently. So would you like me to ask about if you did get involved?

And my question is: How will things go if I stay working where I am right now?

blackroseivy

Ok, that sounds good. :) I do tend to be a little too "yes/no", & I KNOW that I am about to cast my bread on the waters to get involved in some way or other... Maybe the results, & how they will affect me?

I'll get out my sticks...

blackroseivy

faunabay said:
And my question is: How will things go if I stay working where I am right now?

The way my system works is, you have to use a "direction stick" to see which meaning is coming up with whatever Ogham is cast. I will draw 3 randomly, & use the "direction stick" in a "blind" fashion (i.e. close my eyes & twist it to see what direction comes up).

1. Upperworld - starry wisdom, clarity of insight that cuts through confusion of daily life, the Spirit, . What starry wisdom illuminates the situation?

Huath (Hawthorn) in the West

"What seems terrible has another colour. Look again.

"The shadow cast ahead by hindsight or backwards by expectation can easily obscure real powers and potentials. Both can create deformities or engulfing fears. Looking beneath the lure of past and future to the present yields another picture."

I think that this means that you may be projecting things into the job that maybe aren't there as such - any discontent you may feel may be spilling over into your work, so watch for that. Don't compare your work to others, or your job to others; that can breed discontent, as well. If you are determined to excel, you will if you don't fret over the performance of others. Also, don't dwell on the past or project too much into the future: be where you are on the job, & progress will happen naturally.

2. Middleworld - earthly wisdom, the physical. What is the truth at the core of the matter?

Idad (Yew) in the North

"Cast your nets wider. What you seek lies in deeper waters.

" Your quest is greater than you have realized. Maybe you are searching too close to home? Maybe what you are looking for lies further afield? Looking in all the usual places will not suffice. Be prepared to change how you had envisioned this quest and the pathways will become clearer as you progress."

You may be having trouble focusing; has it crossed your mind that you might want to look for another job? You may want to keep it in mind, while you search for more fortitude to stick with where you are at the moment. You may want to approach your present work with a different attitude - is there some way you can look at it with fresh eyes?

3. Lowerworld - ancestral wisdom. What deep resourceful help is available?

Edad (Aspen) in the East

"Stirke while the iron is hot - this is your time of power.

"This time of action requires the full use of your resources and faculties. It may feel as if you are under pressure, but you relish the chance to be active. Keep relaxed and controlled while you await the coming wave of power that is gathering to a head, so that you can ride it triumphantly to the point of achievement."

It still looks like there is a lot of feeling that you should be looking elsewhere - seems to be a pattern here! IF you stay, I get the feeling that you will probably regret it down the road.

Are you not fulfilled, & is the money a problem? If so, then I would take 1 step at a time, & just see what is out there w/o doing anything super-drastic (the economy, after all).

Yes, I certainly can see where the security thing comes in - but would it be worth the sacrifice?

My best advice is to perhaps look into moving on sometime this year. But do put in your best where you are, for all the good reasons - you will have a reputation, you will have recommendations, & skills to take w/you, etc.

I hope this helps!

faunabay

I didn't give enough information, I think. You were just supposed to know I guess. LOL :p sorry.......

I am a massage therapist, so I'm not looking to change jobs per se - just maybe move my own business somewhere else. I rent a room from a person who has a massage clinic. There are only two of us there. I do like the other girl, but the place itself is not very well sound proofed. Both of us have to be extremely quiet (pretty much whisper) when we're both massaging, which is a problem sometimes. I get along with her pretty well. I like the feel of the place. I just don't like how much we can hear each other when we're in our separate massage rooms. If we're not quiet we can hear every single word. eek!

But I've moved twice in the last two years and don't really want to move again. But also don't want to make something work when I could find a better place.

With all that in mind is there a different slant on the sticks?

blackroseivy

OOPS sorry, literally the SPACE, not the job, ay? Let me re-analyze, I will be back... :p

blackroseivy

I think that the overall message MAY just be that you need to look at the good side of where you are, & do your best while there. I think that it will be worth staying, & that the problems are relatively minor & may even work themselves out in time.

However, I would say limit how long you stay - be leisurely about moving to your own practice, but pursue it & be true to yourself if it's what you really want.

I hope this is a little bit more helpful!

faunabay

blackroseivy said:
I think that the overall message MAY just be that you need to look at the good side of where you are, & do your best while there. I think that it will be worth staying, & that the problems are relatively minor & may even work themselves out in time.

However, I would say limit how long you stay - be leisurely about moving to your own practice, but pursue it & be true to yourself if it's what you really want.

I hope this is a little bit more helpful!
See this is what I've been afraid I might be doing......overthinking it and making minor things into bigger ones. It is a big thing about the noise, but could I be doing something to make that better here instead of thinking of moving? And it looks like you hit it right with that one. The sticks do seem to be saying that's what I am doing.

Actually since I asked the question I've done some thinking and have a massage client who does alot of building work. I thought I might ask him how I (or he LOL) could help make this better? })

Thanks! This has helped. :*

blackroseivy

Well - very glad that it did! They certainly seemed to be saying SOMETHING! ;)

Looking forward to mine... ;)