Overpricing of tarot decks?

SkadisPhoenix

Ambrosia, it is the same here (I've worked in a retail store, during sale season, it's torture to us poor sales assistants! ;))

Manda, I've been checking on there as well, and I agree, it's far too much, and I'd have probably realised at the time, but I've only bought about 3 decks in the past, so I'm not quite clued in to how much decks cost.

So I'm hoping that they will concede that they over-charged me and refund me the difference... :neutral:

AJ

I'm betting it was just an input mistake. If they won't make it right, and I'm sure they will, your credit card issuer will.
There are steps to follow with a claim so keep track of your paperwork and efforts if that is the route you need to go.

Briar Rose

Keep us posted on the outcome. I too think you should inquire at the shop about the price on the bottom of the box.

SkadisPhoenix

AJ, it's not a barcode till, they just tap in the price, unfortunately... However, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

One thing I do know is that I will be keeping the cards, regardless of whether I get the refund of not. I've done three readings with them (I jump straight in with new decks, study as I go, I tried studying for ages, before reading, but I found it easier to study as I went), and there's been one reading that I don't have the first clue on, but is definately relevant (don't ask me how I know, I just do), and is all major arcana, and the other seemed accurate as well, and I'm about to post the third reading, and this deck is definately right for me, and until I get a replacement for my Llewellyn deck, I'll be using it as my main deck, to be honest.

Manda

Hey if you love it then it was a bargain, right? At least you didn't pay too much for a deck that leaves you cold (which I have before :D).

SkadisPhoenix

Haha, that's true Manda, and I'm very glad that I love it so much. I saw it on here first, and then saw it in the shop literally a day or two later... :p My bloke rolled his eyes, and went on about my being a heathen (he's Catholic... He likes teasing me about my being pagan. :p), but even HE concedes that there's something about the deck. ;)

I just know that money has been tight, other than posting a couple of things off, and buying some things to get going with drawing my own tarot deck, I'm not going to be spending money on anything until the middle of September when it's my boyfriend's birthday, and then again, nothing until Christmas. I don't have the money for it... :neutral: And £8, at poundland means food for a week for me AND the boyfriend... :confused: I hope we win the lottery soon! ;)

Shade

For decks the cover price is a 40% mark up of what the seller paid. It sounds like an honest mistake but you shouldn't feel any guilt in correcting it. If someone accidentally gave you too much money for something you would want to give them back the extra money wouldn't you?

rhombchick

If it is just a till where they type in the numbers, maybe they pressed a two instead of a one by mistake?
At least I am hoping so, because I bought that deck from ebay for $20...AU... including postage.....

Take it back.... hopefully they will realise that it was an honest mistake
Bring it back home and then trim those ugly white borders off!!!
I did!!!
And it looks stunning!!!!!!!!

All joking aside, I really do hope it was a mistake that gets fixed for you... good luck

nisaba

SkadisPhoenix said:
The lady in the shop charged me £24.99 for the cards, but the pricing on the box is £16.99, that's nearly half as much again, which for a poor student is at least two weeks worth of food.
You can eat for TWO WEEKS on EIGHT DOLLARS???

Here in Australia, a single loaf of bread will cost you around $3.00 and a litre of milk (around a quarter of a gallon) will cost you about $2.00. Four or five bananas later, there's your entire fortnight's food budget gone. (Our dollar varies from around sixty of your cents to ninety of your cents, over the last couple of years, anyway).

ilweran

Ambrosia said:
I know in NZ, if something is labelled with a certain price in the store, they HAVE to give it to you for that price. Even if its price has technically gone up and they havnt gotten around to changing the prices on the stock yet. If it is advertised as a certain price on the shelf, then the consumer has the right to have it at said price.

Dont know if its the same elsewhere though.

That's not the case in the UK, if the price is wrong the shop can just refuse to sell it- I think maybe they have to keep it off the shop floor for a certain amount of time, I'm not sure.

In this case if the lower price was the recommended price printed on the box by the publisher it's not binding.