Overpricing of tarot decks?

gregory

ilweran said:
That's not the case in the UK, if the price is wrong the shop can just refuse to sell it- I think maybe they have to keep it off the shop floor for a certain amount of time, I'm not sure.

In this case if the lower price was the recommended price printed on the box by the publisher it's not binding.
This is true - BUT - what did it say on the shelf ? (if anything.) They can actually charge whatever they like as long as that is what THEIR sticker and shelf say. And we are free not to buy. You can put a £20 sticker on a newspaper and that is perfectly legitimate if anyone is mad enough....

My first Truthseekers was $26 Canadian dollars. Sadly I had to take it back as it was defective, and hadn't time to get another. I have no idea what it said on the box there. The one I bought when I got to the UK was £11 on amazon. BUT - it is still £12.50 on bookdepository with free shipping worldwide.... Er - can you RETURN it ;) ????

SkadisPhoenix

Wooo! It wasn't a problem, she hadn't seen the price on the bottom of the box (which I hadn't either, to be fair), and she just opened the till and gave me the eight quid! :-D

And to make the day EVEN better, my boyfriend and I paid the bond and first month of rent for a double bedroom on the ground floor of a house. :D

gregory

WAY TO GO ! Great result - and congratulations !

SkadisPhoenix

Gregory, I'm over the moon about it, yesterday was hellish, so to have things going so well today is brilliant. Now to block out the American girl who lives in the room next to mine before I go mad and start screaming at her! :p

Saphirei

haha I bought my first tarot deck with my lunch money too, from a spiritual shop across the street from my school XD

Seems to be quite the trend. >.<