Queen of Cups or queen of wands?

SofiaS.

There's a topic that always brought some interest in tarot: when does a court card stands for a person and when do you know that court card is meant to represent you or not?

This topic came to my thoughts yesterday after I started discussing a reading I did concerning a love interest in the forum here. So I made 2 outcomes one problable outcome, where it layed doen the queen of wands, and another (most likely outcome) with the 10 of cups. After some discussion, one interpretation was that the Queen of wands could stand for a person, other person he could get together. Reasonable idea, but it brought me a predicament.

Over the past, after this guy, the queen of wands used to show up to me a lot... after i got more involved in this situation, the queen of cups replaced her... and looking back to that my personality shifted to a queen of cups... but is that even possible?

Some people state that over your life, you can assume different court cards... if we go to an elemental/astrological point of view, I should be portrayed by the suit of wands as I'm a strong-willed/fiercy/stubborn Leo :p ... but my moon sign is actually scorpio, which has water as an element... thus can be represented by cups!

So I'm wondering, at what point I can be both queens during my life? I noticed that through this whole experience I found things about me, shadow like aspects, I wasn't aware before. I both manifested good and other less good traits (e.g. easily overwhelmed by emotion, and you are becoming moody, unstable, brooding, suspicious, and overly secretive) of the queen of cups... I was the Queen of cups no doubt. Now I'm better (thank GOD :D) and these less traits fading...

In my normal state (aka, in my whole life), my personality qualities fit better the wands suit rather than the cups. I'm energetic, bold, a go-getter and I can't work without having any work at my hands. Some negatives as agressiveness as well as jealousy... but my great majority of faults actually seems to fit more the cups section.

Could this duality be related with my sun and moon signs?

That's why I this lead me to question: am I still the queen of cups or am I shifing again? (if that's even possible) Could the cards be even telling me I should be like the queen of wands?

I hope this topic could bring an interesting discussion! :D
Thank you for your insight,

Sofia

Zaia

I'm in a similar boat to you here (Sun in Cancer, Moon in Leo), and what you've said does rather resonate with me - certain situations will bring out one set of traits or another. Particularly in personal relationships, I've found that I'll be either one way or the other, depending on how I react to that person.

Just a thought, but as you've mainly experienced the negatives of the element of water within yourself in the past, perhaps the cards could also be advising you to integrate some of the more positive ones (eg intuitive, nurturing, empathic etc etc) into your normal firey personality?

SofiaS.

I'm in a similar boat to you here (Sun in Cancer, Moon in Leo), and what you've said does rather resonate with me - certain situations will bring out one set of traits or another. Particularly in personal relationships, I've found that I'll be either one way or the other, depending on how I react to that person.

Just a thought, but as you've mainly experienced the negatives of the element of water within yourself in the past, perhaps the cards could also be advising you to integrate some of the more positive ones (eg intuitive, nurturing, empathic etc etc) into your normal firey personality?

Hi Zaia!

Thanks for popping in... So I am glad other person thinks alike me (am glad this makes sense at some point).

So, you mean you can actually be both queens, the one that cames to surface depends of the person you relate to? If so, that's quite interesting. This guy made me become the queen of cups... but on the past I have felt some of her influence on me (only on surface...)

I've been through difficult family situations (one of them, my dad had a cancer...), and during those experiences I brought the nurturing nature of cups to give support to my family, and at the same time I kept the energy of wands to bring a positive outlook. At my best, with this guy, I was balancing both sides... until Cups took the reign of myself. :p

So all together, you might have a point here: this could be a warning of the cards to balance myself more, balance both dualities in a positive manner. :)

After that reading the queen of wands actually showed up as the way others saw me in relationships... SO i think this might reinforce the duality of both suits within myself

LaRazia

I read with the Bohemian Gothic,and in that deck the Queen of Cups isnt meek at all. QOC is also Scorpio,and scorpio is a very sexy dangerous sign so to me more often than not the queen of cups is a full figured ( Venus ) curvy but dangerous female.

the Queen of Wands I have always seen in practise as women who are full of themselfes without actually looking great but they are convinced they are the hottest in the room.

nisaba

the Queen of Wands I have always seen in practise as women who are full of themselfes without actually looking great but they are convinced they are the hottest in the room.

What, not ambitious women, high achievers or workaholics? Not driven women? Not restless women always planning one step ahead? Not women with longer-term goals and a clear roadmap to get there? Not fiery women?

nisaba

What, not ambitious women, high achievers or workaholics? Not driven women? Not restless women always planning one step ahead? Not women with longer-term goals and a clear roadmap to get there? Not fiery women?

I would have thought they were all Fire archetypes. Where do they fit in your scheme of things?

LaRazia

I am not dumb,of course the QoW can represent all you said above and I didnt say it doesnt represent the things you listed. But, have I seen it in real lfe- not really. And if somebody is offended by that I really cant do much because I just stated my observation about the cards not my beliefs. What you described is like 20 percent of the women I see represented by the Queen of Wands, the other 80 percent are women are what I described above.

It isnt ''my scheme of things'' because its not a theory I made up I just described what I see mostly in real life. Describing something and having a theory are 2 very different things.

Do note, I read with the Bohemian Gothic, and if you google the image you will see that the Queen of Wands there is shown by a drag queen type of person who is wearing really flashy clothes and over the top makeup and hairdo and putting on a show and she thinks she is the belle of the ball.
But by the worn out scenario around her, you can tell that her time has passed and nobody notices her anymore but she doesnt see that she isnt the belle of the ball anymore in her mind she is most beautiful there. Sure shes flashy and fiery and all of that but overly confident when clearly,looking at the card shes not all that.

I did see,really true examples of a QoW like fiery,confident,charismatic, steals the room strong women,one of my good friends ( who has passed away ) was always a QoW and the best example of it.

But mostly, when in real life I get the QoW as a person, instead of seeing this confident strong fiery example of a woman I just saw very cocky, full of themselfes type of broads. I work as a model, so most of my fellow models that I get being represented by this card are not positive examples of the card. All delusional because they are convinced they are the hottest thing around when they arent, extremelly cocky and full of themselfes and also they all have this thing where they dress really loosely when they go in for interviews or stuff.

MaineGirl117

You can be both at the same time. Your Sun sign is your masculine side. Your Moon sign is your feminine side. It would seem apt that your Moon sign is given expression when you are discussing relationships - normally a very emotionally driven topic. When you see both Queens represented in a spread, and you are certain that they are both you - rejoice. This means that your masculine and feminine sides are working harmoniously together. This is the root of authentic expression and divine sovereignty. You are being 100% yourself and both sides of you are in cooperative agreement. Your head and your heart working together.

caridwen

I am not dumb,of course the QoW can represent all you said above and I didnt say it doesnt represent the things you listed. But, have I seen it in real lfe- not really. And if somebody is offended by that I really cant do much because I just stated my observation about the cards not my beliefs. What you described is like 20 percent of the women I see represented by the Queen of Wands, the other 80 percent are women are what I described above.

It isnt ''my scheme of things'' because its not a theory I made up I just described what I see mostly in real life. Describing something and having a theory are 2 very different things.

Do note, I read with the Bohemian Gothic, and if you google the image you will see that the Queen of Wands there is shown by a drag queen type of person who is wearing really flashy clothes and over the top makeup and hairdo and putting on a show and she thinks she is the belle of the ball.
But by the worn out scenario around her, you can tell that her time has passed and nobody notices her anymore but she doesnt see that she isnt the belle of the ball anymore in her mind she is most beautiful there. Sure shes flashy and fiery and all of that but overly confident when clearly,looking at the card shes not all that.

I did see,really true examples of a QoW like fiery,confident,charismatic, steals the room strong women,one of my good friends ( who has passed away ) was always a QoW and the best example of it.

But mostly, when in real life I get the QoW as a person, instead of seeing this confident strong fiery example of a woman I just saw very cocky, full of themselfes type of broads. I work as a model, so most of my fellow models that I get being represented by this card are not positive examples of the card. All delusional because they are convinced they are the hottest thing around when they arent, extremelly cocky and full of themselfes and also they all have this thing where they dress really loosely when they go in for interviews or stuff.

I find what you are saying here very interesting. I'm wondering if your view of the Queen of Wands is tempered because of the way you may judge Queen of Wands types or women in general.

For example, your description to me, doesn't describe the Queen of Wands but the Knight of Wands who I would describe as cocky and full of himself because he does not have the Queen's maturity.

Secondly,the Queen of Wands in the BG is a parody which is what a drag queen is. The BG is not truly representative because it describes what is seen in moonlight or the dark side. Again "flashy" is not the Queen of Wands at all. She isn't particularly flashy.

As an aside,to describe "broads" as dressing "loosely" may be seen as very judgemental.

"All delusional because they are convinced they are the hottest thing around when they arent, extremelly cocky and full of themselfes..." [sic]

The Queen of Wands may not necessarily be the "hottest thing around" (surely that's subjective) but her charisma will light up a room. She is a presence and doesn't need to try very hard.

Again you sound as if you are describing the Knight of Wands who is or can be flashy,cocky, convinced he is the hottest thing around and full of himself. He is immature fire energy and this energy can of course relate to women as well as men.

Your description of the Queen sounds superficial which is hardly unique in the fashion industry.;)

werewolfmoon

I'm a Libra with a Libra Moon and Scorpio Ascendent, I consider myself more Scorpionic than a Libra.

The human personality is multi-faceted! My personal sig is The Queen of Wands, I also show up as; The Queen of Cups, The High Priestess, (as how others see me) The Nine of Pentacles, (Me) The Knight of Swords and the Knight of Wands (action and reaction) along with my birth card The Magician (the wiccan and the woman.)

Trying to squash a human into one card is like trying to nail jelly to a wall.

Just saying.