Roerich Tarot

Aaron Carson

I realised only after I ordered my deck, that there were three sizes, and the one I ordered on Ebay doesn't say which size it is. How tiny is the mini? I've got my ruler in front of me, I can obsess about this all night.

gregory

I realised only after I ordered my deck, that there were three sizes, and the one I ordered on Ebay doesn't say which size it is. How tiny is the mini? I've got my ruler in front of me, I can obsess about this all night.
Smaller than a LoS mini, as I recall. Don't have it with me.

Aaron Carson

Smaller than a LoS mini, as I recall. Don't have it with me.

I'm sorry, I'm a bit ignorant. I'm not quite sure how small the LoS mini is. Is that a standard mini size? Did you find the artwork still enjoyable at that size? Are the faces of the figures fairly discernible? Well not to worry too much. I'll know soon enough hopefully. I see my package is in transit. Ukr Poshta!

FLizarraga

I saw copies of the mini on ebay for $15 USD awhile back. I didn't get one because most folks said it wasn't a great reading deck.

I got one of those. Absolutely gorgeous deck, not a reader for me, either. Too many clouds.

Madrigal

I've got a regular-sized version that came with an enchanting hardcover guidebook with a beautiful font and good quality paper written in...equally enchanting Cyrillic. I mean who needs interpretations when you're presented with that kind of opaque otherworld mystery.

The big drawback for me is the blue around the borders. And I can't trim them completely because the keywords/numbers are on them and the images are oblique enough in their Tarot reference that I need them.

I'm planning at least to trim the sides. It feels like a readable deck to me.

gregory

I'm sorry, I'm a bit ignorant. I'm not quite sure how small the LoS mini is. Is that a standard mini size? Did you find the artwork still enjoyable at that size? Are the faces of the figures fairly discernible? Well not to worry too much. I'll know soon enough hopefully. I see my package is in transit. Ukr Poshta!
Oh. Ok, can't measure one either, but the size is on the LoS site....

Aaron Carson

I'm sorry Gregory. Can you tell me what LoS stands for?

Le Fanu

Lo Scarabeo. This is taken from the amazon listing of a mini:

Product Dimensions: 3.2 x 4.4 x 8.3 cm

gregory

Thanks, leffy :* I am not on line that much just now - too busy being a tourist.

Aaron Carson

Thanks both of you, for your answers. Crikey that's small. It's smaller than playing cards isn't it?