Share your ghost stories (or spirit messages)

yannie

This is not for the faint hearted, but is part of what my tribal ancestors did in NZ.
So, CAUTION if you are prone to becoming squeamish and so forth at certain types of images that might not be suited to ones palate.

Thankfully, it is all now just a part of history....

Mokomokai

Am sure there would be a number of ghost stories from all this as well. Do not see how there would not be with battle grounds and so much violence involved.

And...this all brings me back to Julienne Crescent which I will do when I can as it is about an old Maori man with the mokos (tattoos) on his face. :)
Oh, don't be ashamed of your Maori heritage, from the article it looks as though the Maoris want their "pilgrim"-plundered preserved heads back! And it seems to have started out as a respected tradition of preserving elders' heads (and the moko), until the Europeans came along and offered them muskets for heads and, "Here! Go start a war (or two, or more) among yourselves & kill each other & DO get some of those heads for us, they're so intriguing."

But, getting back on topic, I lived on the site of a WWII prisoner-of-war camp in my childhood and teens (Singapore was occupied by Japan from 1942-1945). It was only years later that I realised what the clanging sounds were - I used to hear what sounded like clanging on bars when I put my ear to my pillow, and would often hear knocks on the walls, ceiling and floor. At first I thought it was my neighbours, but now I'm not so sure, cos it was so often & at odd hours.

The vibe in my estate was also really uncomfortable, I hated being alone in the lift, because it always felt like there's a presence in there with me.

tarotlova

I don't have ghost stories, but I connect with places and locations. Any place or location that has become important for me, brought forth some weird experiences when I visited for the first time. I receive unworded messages, perceiving them physically.

Funny you say that because I feel the same thing about places but never really realized that until I read your post. Our new home that we will be moving into a couple of weeks from now is in a coastal area, all my life I have said I don't ever want to live by the sea. Yes even though I'm Australian I don't like nor can I really swim, I have thought that I would like to live near a river. We had two choices of a block of land in two coastal areas 5 minuets apart, we didn't get to look at them before we brought them but the sales rep said one of them will have a row of public housing so we took the other block. When we went to have a look at the blocks we first went to the one we didn't buy, and boy are we glad we did not buy that one. It just had a real oppressive air about it, we then went up to our block and felt straight at home for the very first time in our lives and we have both moved around a lot having both been married before. I was talking to an older lady at our new town and she said she felt the same way when she was looking to buy a smaller home when her husband passed away, she too didn't like that town and felt straight at home where we will be living. We did try a few years back to buy a house and everything that could go wrong went wrong and we lost some money after a very poor broker indeed, but with this house everything from the word go has been going like clockwork it's amazing. I really feel we were meant to have this house and I hope my husband can find work a bit closer to home as now he has to travel a little more, but I'm sure it will happen. :) All these good vibes by the sea who would of thought, my mum & dad live by the sea in another state as that was always their wish but not mine so I thought! This is 5 minuets away from where we will be living and I think this will be where my daily walk will be happening. :cool4:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...735.70584.100000589968723&type=3&size=960,543

Saskia

Thank you everyone for sharing! Very intriguing, all of the stories. I love your ghost dad, Celtic Noodle! :D

As I mentioned before, I don't have any ghost stories myself. Possibly because if I encountered a spirit I'd get a huge shock out of fear. However, I seem to have a spirit guide who's censoring my online presence for my own good. I'm quite feisty when it comes to topics that matter to me and I'm (maybe a bit too) often engaged in an online war to defend refugees, debunk climate change deniers and so forth.

But, I always keep it civil enough so that the moderators won't block me. Yet, I've had my posts disappear and also had plenty of moment where I simply can't post: my phone refuses to cooperate (it won't type what I try to say) or Facebook crashes. My phone and Facebook always work beautifully when I post "neutral" stuff, like happy cat photos... I've asked my cards: is this my guide's doing and got the Ace of Swords.

yannie

Thank you everyone for sharing! Very intriguing, all of the stories. I love your ghost dad, Celtic Noodle! :D

As I mentioned before, I don't have any ghost stories myself. Possibly because if I encountered a spirit I'd get a huge shock out of fear. However, I seem to have a spirit guide who's censoring my online presence for my own good. I'm quite feisty when it comes to topics that matter to me and I'm (maybe a bit too) often engaged in an online war to defend refugees, debunk climate change deniers and so forth.

But, I always keep it civil enough so that the moderators won't block me. Yet, I've had my posts disappear and also had plenty of moment where I simply can't post: my phone refuses to cooperate (it won't type what I try to say) or Facebook crashes. My phone and Facebook always work beautifully when I post "neutral" stuff, like happy cat photos... I've asked my cards: is this my guide's doing and got the Ace of Swords.
LOL! That's cute. My guides help me instead, cos they know when some things just have to be said :) This applies to online and offline :D

zhadee

I really feel we were meant to have this house and I hope my husband can find work a bit closer to home as now he has to travel a little more, but I'm sure it will happen. :)

While writing I realised that this runs like a common thread through my life. I felt drawn to places and locations, and I never managed to resist that urge.
Anyway, there had been a time when my company paid me so poorly, that after paying the rent there was hardly some money left for food. Before my mood could plummet, I came across an ad 'looking for a card reader'.
For several years, I managed to earn the rent :) by reading cards on the phone, but I never earned more than the monthly rate. I guess the house wanted to have me around.

celticnoodle

This is not for the faint hearted, but is part of what my tribal ancestors did in NZ.
So, CAUTION if you are prone to becoming squeamish and so forth at certain types of images that might not be suited to ones palate.

Mokomokai
:bugeyed: :eek: I looked quickly. but only just. But, as you say, it is a part of history and every culture has something like this. I, too, can only imagine the ghost stories from this sort of thing!
Yes, you are right. A guide. :) Very protective also, keeping me from crossing the street when car drivers feel the urge of ignoring the red lights.
So this guide has been with me for about 30 years. I keep thinking it is my father, as my father had a very weird sense of humour.
very well could be him. Especially given his interest in this sort of thing and especially (of course) in you. I wonder if he noticed the 'abilities' in you - even at such a young age? Sorry you lost him in such a way. My condolences there. But it does seem that he recognized that in you and I do believe he could be the protective spirit for you. :)

Heheh, when I was younger I loved to travel. Touching the earth was like getting drunk, or high. I feel intensely drawn towards eastern europe. I found it rather simple to learn russian, and presently I learn to speak polish rather easily. I've made trips to russia, poland and lituania, and it always felt like I was returning home. The only connection I know of is that one of my grandfathers drowned in a russian river.
this is interesting! very interesting! I've been to Poland myself and loved it there! Beautiful place and lovely people too.

London, UK, was like that for me.

Never needed maps and it was like that from the first day I set foot there - "familiar territory". Knew it like the back of my hand.

When I was looking for my great great great grandfathers old home near Soho - I pretty much walked through streets and lanes to it without getting lost or having to ask for directions. And I knew the house even before checking the numbers!
wow! that is amazing! I love to hear stories like this. I find it fascinating. :)

The USA on the other hand.....lord have mercy! I invented the word "lost" for that place.:bugeyed:

And I have been there a number of times.
:laugh:

celticnoodle

tarotlova, what a lovely post! It does sound like the house was meant to be. Howver, I wasn't able to see the link you supplied. I think becuase its fb and I imagine we must need to be friends on fb to see it. *shrugs*

You know, Yannie, I also grew up in an area that had a notoriously bad P.O.W. camp from my countries civil war. I never really thought about it, but it is terribly haunted. My sister once went on a ghost walk there on Halloween and she did get some pretty weird pictures. We use to camp there (it was turned into a park, with a nice beach and camping area) and go to the beach all the time there. though I don't think I have any real personal stories from there like you have w/your area.

:laugh: Yeah, my dad is a wonderful spirit! :D He even introduced himself to the other mediums that were in that psychic -medium circle with me. They were always seeing my dad! He enjoyed visiting them and he also helped us bring through spirits more then once, when we were having problems making that connection. :D He was a great help to us.

Sounds to me like you do have a few spirits hanging around you. Could be your guides or a spirit who is also acting like a guide and they could be responsible for the disappearing posts, and facebook crashes! :laugh: They work in mysterious ways! ;)

Love your tarot card question and answer! :laugh:

While writing I realised that this runs like a common thread through my life. I felt drawn to places and locations, and I never managed to resist that urge.
Anyway, there had been a time when my company paid me so poorly, that after paying the rent there was hardly some money left for food. Before my mood could plummet, I came across an ad 'looking for a card reader'.
For several years, I managed to earn the rent :) by reading cards on the phone, but I never earned more than the monthly rate. I guess the house wanted to have me around.
zhadee, that is also a great post.

My husband has always been fortunate like this. He doesn't really recognize it in himself, but his family members and I always say he was born under a lucky star! He always seems to get just what he needs at the time he needs it. Never anything over the top--not anything that he necessarily "wants" (as in the multi million dollars we always dream about winning....), but what he needs. Thank goodness for me, he apparently needed ME. :D because I'm in his life now and plan to stay with him forever! }).

But, honestly, he is fortunate like this to receive exactly what he needs when he needs it. Job wise, and outside of work. And, thankfully, my life has greatly improved since I've met him and hooked up with him. We are fortunate people. So, maybe his guides and mine are now in cahoots with each other and they are doing a darn good job for us! :D

My one sister was like this too. We always thought she was born under a lucky star too. But then one day things changed for her. She's still fortunate and not really hurting, but her luck isn't quite as good as it had been. She has to work a little bit harder to achieve things and get things. I wonder why it changed for her? She is a good person, but it seems like her world suddenly began to get rather cloudy and murky. But, she is still pushing through it all at least. Maybe it will one day get cleared and sunny for her again too--I do hope so.

I've enjoyed everyone's posts/experiences. Some were a wee bit frightening....but still interesting. What a great world we live in to have such experiences, eh? :) This is a great thread! Lots of fun!

DownUnderNZer

Better do this before I forget or time is of the essence.....

"Julienne Crescent".

Around the age of 13 and 14 these "ghost stories" use to circulate around my high school about this "ghostly man" being seen up in the new subdivision of my hometown.

A very old Maori man with tattoos on his face.

That particular area had been cleared over some months (still under development) and new homes built on top of it, so when the stories started up I didn't think anything of it because it didn't affect my life one little bit and it seemed like it was just made up.

However, the stories never stopped, and there was a consistency with what was being told.

Fast forward two years on.....

I remember some girls talking about it in class, so listened to what they they were saying.

It seemed this ghostly man was only ever seen around one house up in that area and that he often walked around the garden and either banged on the windows and doors...or both.

One man saw him when he was coming up the drive way one night (drinks with mates) and took off out of fright.

Another person inside the house went to answer the door when someone knocked at it only to find no one there and then when he went back to the kitchen - guess who was staring at him through the window?

And most stories were along those same lines.

I said to them: "You will never get me up there! " (Hell No).

As it so happened some months later I landed a babysitting job, nowhere near there, and although I didn't need the money it was a great way to show my father I could be independent and to GET ME OUT into the world even if it was across the other side of town.

Anyways, about 3-4 months into my "babysitting stint" I got a phone call one night and was asked if I could help someone out with two children that was new to town and needed a babysitter as they wanted a night out for dinner. YES! The address was up in the new sub division, but I didn't even think about it.

This was in my last year of high school.

The house was right on the corner of the street and a two story building. Lovely front garden and a garage. I liked it from the first time I saw it as it just gave such a good vibe. The couple were neat and so were the kids and I became their regular babysitter for some time. I had so much fun in that place and discovered a whole range of classical music and artists and was introduced to very fine tastes in cuisine.

In my country at 16 years old (back then) a lot finish school at that age, but if one wants to go on to University (or other), one more year has to be completed. That was me. So, none of the kids that had told those stories in my classes from the age of 13 were around in my last year.

Not sure how it happened, but at some point I did get to catch up with some of those girls and was telling them about going to the USA soon and my babysitting jobs etc etc etc. Life was really good. I had stopped working then as my trip was just around the corner.

As it happened it did come up - who I was babysitting for and where.

Some of them went really quiet and the reason they were that way inclined was because the house I had been babysitting in all that time - was the friggin haunted house!!!! :bugeyed:

I never knew which house it was and even if I had been told I would not have known where because it was an area under development when I was 13 and I had never been in it. Not until that babysitting job.

I was soooooooo unamused. :mad:

But you know what? That old man with the tattoos on his face never once bothered me or the kids. Kids pick up on things like spirits and they were absolutely fine.

However, when I was talking to the very first person I babysat for who got me that job and told her about it all, she told me she had seen him and not just the once! She would not go into the house or visit them after a time. But she never told anyone as she didn't want to be labelled crazy.

As for them, when I was in the USA they moved, but I was told it was because he had been promoted elsewhere.

They had bought that house but were not the first owners, but would have lived in it less that 2 years. And it would have been the same for the person before them too.

That I do find interesting thinking on it now...... :)

Snowhunter

I work in a nursing home so I take care of a lot of sick people. A number of residents passed away since the start of this year, and I've been having the weirdest dreams.

There was a resident who was dying of AIDS and cancer. He wanted to stay as independent as he could despite his increasing difficulties, and with his "scary" diagnoses most of my coworkers were fine leaving him alone. He had a tracheostomy which he insisted on cleaning and taking care of himself. He didn't do a good job of it though so the distinct smell would get pretty bad. Eventually he got too weak to do anything for himself but he still would try to push you away during care. On his last day (and shortly after I became the regular wound care nurse), I told myself okay this guy doesn't want help but he hasn't been bathed in days, and you can smell him down the hallway. So I gave his trach a good cleaning, and helped the aide with a bed bath all the while batting his protesting hands away. He had tears in his eyes when I left.

The next day I was told he passed away the night before. I felt so overwhelmed with guilt that maybe I took away his will to live by forcing care on him, or that I had hastened his death somehow during the bed bath by jiggling an artery loose or something (my first actual thought when I was told of his death).

A few days later I had a dream about him. I immediately knew it was him because of that strong, distinct trach smell. He hugged me and I got a feeling that it was okay. He had been suffering especially towards the end so death was a release for him. Or I jiggled him to death.

PeopleWillBeYou

I've actually shared a story on here about a spirit, but I kinda need help on what to do. He told me about his past, but the difference is, we never were around each other but for some reason we were able to connect.

I feel like he trust me.. Is that bad?