Something wrong with majors only ?

Luna-Ocean

Have you seen the ISIS? })

ISIS VERSION
The ISIS version of The Tarot of Marseille was produced to advance these ancient wisdoms and traditions by Tadahiro Onuma, a Japanese philosopher, in 2010.

For forty years. Tadahiro studied the Kabbalah and Tarot. Tadahiro also practiced Pathworking with the Tarot de Marseille. Pathworking is the practice of meditating on the cards using creative visualization. In the Tree of Life of Kabbalah, there are 10 spheres and 22 paths that connect them, and these paths correspond to the 22 cards of the Major Arcana. By Pathworking on a daily basis, Mr. Onuma has connected with the entities of the archetypal figures pictured in the Major Arcana.

http://mycuriouscabinet.wordpress.c...rseilles-by-tadahiro-onumas-ginza-tokyo-2010/

This version is also interesting what are the usual costs of these decks? i know i remember reading somewhere on AT there have been some very rare printings of the Marseille decks?

nisaba

If I am going to strip a deck down at all, I tend to like it to have the Majors, the Courts and the Aces.

mah jong

As a newbie, I prefer a 78 card deck to provide that extra detail. The one majors deck I have is Tarot 3D because I couldn't resist the novelty and I rightly figured that images popping out at me would help reinforce my learning.

Metafizzypop

I'd rather read with just Minors than just Majors. And I actually do that, or something similar. Sometimes I read with playing cards. That could be seen as just Minors.

nisaba

Yes. Yes it could, and it has a noble history.

Today I did a reading for an Italian gentleman. He chose the Marseille deck that I had on the table, because it reminded him of traditional Italian "Scuppa cards". I used a generous spread, and an array of Majors and Minors came out. Some people are disappointed when their choice of deck gives them unillustrated pip cards to look at - he wasn't. And he was delightful.

Metafizzypop

I know just what you mean. Italian playing cards do resemble those ancient Tarot decks. But I think that makes sense. When you're in Italy you're pretty much in tarot territory anyway.