Spirit Boards

danieljuk

It's funny here in the UK the Ouija Board was a board game sold as a children's toy many decades ago! Then everyone got fearful for it! In America you can still buy it as a board game made by Hasbro here, they even have a glow in the dark edition :D

I do wonder about the psychology of Ouija and Spirit Boards, would be wary of it if there wasn't so many horror movies and tales about it? or maybe it is really dangerous in the wrong hands.

I would need someone who had a lot of experience and knowledge in the area with me before I used one or tried it but I regard it quite respectfully and cautiously.

smw

When dealing with anything in the occult realm, be careful what you call on. I don't use spirit boards because it is going somewhere I don't wish to go. I use the tools I am comfortable with, decks, mostly tarot and Lenormand. I have even had an unnerving experience with photographs, peeking through the keyhole thread. I went in too "close" even though I ground and automatically protect myself and got more than I bargained for.
With anything, be prepared to deal with what you're doing, as Apollonia stated. Beyond that, we all do what we do.

I wonder about this, expect the unexpected or something unnerving... Your experience does sound fascinating, I looked up peeping through the keyhole, interesting...where imagination stops and shielding. I have never tried shielding though I did try to imagine a protective white angel with big fluffy wings. Imagined instead a black cowled Labrador man with a claw paw...what is in my psyche !! that image is still around.

faerenheit

I strangely developed a shingles rash out of nowhere the same day I got answers from the Ouija board. Not only that, but I found it hard to believe the answers it gave me because it didn't resonate with me. I feel like I contacted something I shouldn't have contacted.

Mellaenn

I would not touch a spirit board with a 10-foot pole.

We had a Ouija board when I was in my early teens (this in a household where everyone had a little psychic twinkle anyway) and we had crazy poltergeist-like experiences for years in that house after we used it a few times.

Just be careful to ground and protect before, during and after.

greatdane

Well SMW I didn't EXPECT that

I had never had a problem before. I felt comfortable with that. I still got a surprise after having done it a bunch of times. That is why I say I only go where I am comfortable and I WAS comfortable there. But calling on spirits to me is, well, calling on spirits. What the Ouija board is about. Yes, it seems every household had one in the fifties and early sixties when I was growing up. I think anytime we call on something, we knock on a door, we can't be surprised if something answers. Reading tarot and Lenormand, picking up energy from photos, things I am comfortable with and still got blindsided by a photo...once. By delving too deeply. Can happen. And I wasn't fearful going in. If one calls on spirits with a Ouija board, I just think they better be prepared if they answer.

Padma

I would not touch a spirit board with a 10-foot pole.

Exactly.

I have heard so many horror stories of these things that I would not even attempt it. My friend when I was a young teen had one, and she became - well, she really, really changed! :bugeyed:

Emily

I also wouldn't touch a spirit board with a barge pole, but I have been around them, but if you are comfortable using one then just be careful, 90% of the time it's just going to be a bit of fun, people laughing and playing around, pushing the glass, trying to scare each other but then you have the last 10% when you attract something that might or might not be nice and then it is a whole different ballgame.

Apollonia

I think anytime we call on something, we knock on a door, we can't be surprised if something answers. ...If one calls on spirits with a Ouija board, I just think they better be prepared if they answer.

This. Well said, greatdane.

Comparing Tarot to spirit boards doesn't quite fit, IMO, because throughout the centuries, the cards have been used as a game, for divination, and sometimes, but not specifically, to call in spirits. But spirit boards have nearly always been used specifically for that purpose, and both humans and spirits know this. And if you don't use adequate protection, the spirits also know they have an open-ended invitation to come in.

I have said it before and I will say this yet again, but also be aware that spirits will come in posing as your beloved Aunt Sally, know everything she knew and sweet talk you. And then it will take a bad, or weird, or scary turn and for a minute you will think, "Whoa, Aunt Sally, what are you talking about?" And then it will sink in that this is not Aunt Sally.

So make sure if you do want to use this method to speak with spirits, you specify who can come in and who can't. And have a really good system for protection in place, not just something you thought up right before you began.

But again IMO, if you want to speak with spirits, you are much better off taking a course in mediumship first, so you can have some proper training in proven methods of contact and protection under your belt. Otherwise, I know from experience that it is all too easy to unintentionally connect with something that is going to take you for a nasty ride.

smw

This. Well said, greatdane.

Comparing Tarot to spirit boards doesn't quite fit, IMO, because throughout the centuries, the cards have been used as a game, for divination, and sometimes, but not specifically, to call in spirits. But spirit boards have nearly always been used specifically for that purpose, and both humans and spirits know this. And if you don't use adequate protection, the spirits also know they have an open-ended invitation to come in.

I have said it before and I will say this yet again, but also be aware that spirits will come in posing as your beloved Aunt Sally, know everything she knew and sweet talk you. And then it will take a bad, or weird, or scary turn and for a minute you will think, "Whoa, Aunt Sally, what are you talking about?" And then it will sink in that this is not Aunt Sally.

So make sure if you do want to use this method to speak with spirits, you specify who can come in and who can't. And have a really good system for protection in place, not just something you thought up right before you began.

But again IMO, if you want to speak with spirits, you are much better off taking a course in mediumship first, so you can have some proper training in proven methods of contact and protection under your belt. Otherwise, I know from experience that it is all too easy to unintentionally connect with something that is going to take you for a nasty ride.

I'm wondering if I have given the impression that I have tried calling spirits with the ouija? My posts were quite brief, I try not to ramble on....

What happened a few weeks back was that I was interested in scrying and thinking about using a table I had with a cloud pattern enclosed in a circle. I was considering this and then imagined a gold angel that blew up into a huge one (for a split second in my mind's eye.) Wanting to not spook myself I thought it might be an idea to think of a more positive image- instead I got the other one.

It did put me off scrying generally, i'm not sure that the distinction between using an object like a ouija table or another object is that clear cut for me. I am not really sure..

However, I definitely won't be trying ouija anytime soon! I don't like the sound at all of the experience that you have had.

Tanga

Does anyone on here use spirit/oracle/ouija boards?

Not yet. I have one under my bed. Haven't satisfactorily read enough about it.

My wonderful, scandalous mother gave me a Parker Brothers Ouija when I was a kid for Christmas. I remember it so well because I opened it during a large family gathering and the other side of my family was horrified. One man pointed at it saying, "That's not a game! That's not a game!"
...I don't think it's any more dangerous than anything else you might use for spirit contact. I think you could take the same precautions and be just fine.

(Lol) Yes, I think so. And I too have been somewhat influenced by horror movies - so that is somewhere lurking in my unconscious - therefore, I shall not use until satisfied that I know enough or have arrived at a somatic understanding of the thing. I will know this, when I know it.

I am lusting after a flexible roll-up spirit board made by Tarot by Seven. So beautiful!!!
I shall have one eventually.