Spirit Boards

LaLaToro

I got the bright idea to get a spirit board about 8 years or so ago. We had tons of experiences. Some good, some bad. One thing I know for sure- it's no joke. Had it not been for that board, I may not believe in divination the same way. It was fun, for sure, but there were many days and nights I couldn't shake their presence from me. You never know why you're dealing with. And gosh, all the lies and mischief they make up! It's likely you'll survive, lol, but do take precautions. If you've already got it in your head you're probably halfway to getting one. It's an experience you'll never forget!

UrbanBramble

I'm wondering how people differentiate between a spirit board and a pendulum board.

When I read professionally a co-worker of mine made "pendulum boards" that he would sell. He read with them too, it looked just like a small handmade ouija board with all the letters and numbers, yes / no, and goodbye. He used a pendulum above it to spell out the answer to the querent's questions.

It was eerily accurate, and on multiple occasions would drum up the name of someone who had passed on and share information about their cause of death (including in one case a murder!)

He never called it a spirit board or claimed he was connecting to spirits, he never "called out to see who was there", but I always wondered, it looked and worked just like a ouija apart from the part where he used a pendulum.

Do you think this is different? The same?

faerenheit

I'm wondering how people differentiate between a spirit board and a pendulum board.

When I read professionally a co-worker of mine made "pendulum boards" that he would sell. He read with them too, it looked just like a small handmade ouija board with all the letters and numbers, yes / no, and goodbye. He used a pendulum above it to spell out the answer to the querent's questions.

It was eerily accurate, and on multiple occasions would drum up the name of someone who had passed on and share information about their cause of death (including in one case a murder!)

He never called it a spirit board or claimed he was connecting to spirits, he never "called out to see who was there", but I always wondered, it looked and worked just like a ouija apart from the part where he used a pendulum.

Do you think this is different? The same?

I think it's different

The pendulum uses your subconscious mind to spell out answers. While the Ouija board uses spirits.

Darkmage

It's the same thing. It just *looks* different. It's no more or less dangerous than Ouija, but it doesn't have the same reputation.

The only Ouija/spirit board I've found awful is the Pepto-Bismol pink one put out by Hasbro a few years back. It's cheaply made and flimsy. The board is so thin that it feels like it'll snap in half if someone leans on it too hard. I'm keeping it for my collection.

The Pathfinder board by Zerner/Farber runs a close second. I love their art, but I object to the hijacking of Native American spirituality.

Take it fwiw. *shrug*

LittleOne

I think I am not ready for a spirit board - I have removed the idea from my head now. I am going to invest my money in a some dixit cards and keeping working on my card reading.

I will leave my interest in mediumship to consulting mediums for now until I feel I am ready.

On a side note: When I was a pre-pubescent kid I dabbled in pendulum reading and thinking about it now that seems to be around the time I was having "experiences" (taps and electronics turning on in my presence) in my home - they only really lasted until I started (excuse the overshare) menstruating.

Cacia

hello

I will share an story that is close to my heart, Years and years ago when my mother was a young gal; she had a group of friends and like any young people they were curious. My mother was grieving because she lost my aunt at that time, so this group of friends invited her to one of their homes and they called upon my aunt who came through and something else, because my mother was grieving she wanted to know if she was okay; my aunt reply "yes, I am doing fine but let me rest in peace and do not bother me anymore", and she left the scary part here was that they kept playing with that thing and something else enter the room, the problem was that they did not want to leave and my mother said that this entity throw them Sand. They were so scare because afterwards the thing kept moving things around and scaring the wits out of them. So, they have to call a priest to bless the house and do not know what else they did but it left.
I think when you meddling with things that you are not prepare to receive or deal, you calling troubles and you have to think carefully if you wish to be in situations that you can not control.

My 2 cents

:)