study group application ~ aquarius

Moongold

Re: to Moongold

isthmus nekoi said:

Regarding 2nd house issues, I'm not sure I would assign the individuation process to the 2nd house alone.

Thanks Isthmus. This is helpful as are your earlier comments about the Saturn transits.

Moongold

isthmus nekoi

[Tarotphelia]
__My idea of rational & other's idea of rational are often very different things!!

*LOL* Sometimes I feel the same way!! Regarding psychic abilities and such like, it's aspects to Neptune, Moon and 12th house activity that sets it all up. I'm not terribly knowledgable about the whole psychic thing though, so I'm not sure what a 'psychic' chart would look like...

Moongold, I've got a quote for you from Marie Louise von Franz (Jungian psychologist): "... our dream life creates a meandering pattern in which individual strands or tendencies become visible, then vanish, then return again. If one watches this meandering design over a long period of time, one can observe a sort of hidden regulating or directing tendency at work, creating a slow imperceptible process of psychic growth - the process of individuation." So there's another (albeit Jungian) way of looking at it!

Moongold

A personal transit

I'm going to be away for a couple of weeks. Lots of reading and things to do, though.

See you soon and gratias

Moongold

Minderwiz

Moongold,

Have a good time - is all the reading Astrology and Tarot or other stuff?

Take Care and I look forward to your return

tehuti

Moongold,

I'm a bit puzzled by you associating the eighth house with groups, since I've always seen that ascribed to the 11th house, with eighth house being linked to long-term relationships, other people's money, the occult and other hidden stuff, sex and death.

My own experience of Saturn is that he is very much the reflection of my fears. I have Saturn in Scorpio in the second house, and I do get very neurotic about security, pensions, and 2nd house stuff like that. My Saturn is the planet who says "No". Sometimes, that stops me doing what I want, but sometimes it also saves me from getting into trouble. Saturn is also about discipline. At the moment he is going spare because I'm writing this posting rather than getting on with my book index: "You need to do your index. If you don't meet the deadline, not only will you risk losing the money for this job, you might never get any more work from that publisher" etc etc.

With respect to semisquares, I must admit that I don't tend to look at them very much, and see them as a stressed, but minor aspect. I agree that Saturn opposing Sun can be seen as heavy, because this makes Saturn say No to the Sun, ie to the basic essence of being.

I have Sun conjunct Venus in Aquarius in fifth house, trine Moon in Gemini (9th) and Neptune in Libra (1st). I am fairly typical Aquarian, interested in social progress and ideals. Uranus in my 10th house (Cancer) initially expressed himself in my scientific training, which again is harmonius with Aquarius, but now it is Uranus the esoteric magician who has started to come through, reinforced by the Neptune (spirituality) trine to my Sun. Mercury in Pisces is rather pleased when I set aside the rigidity and precision of typical scientific communication for the stuff of dreams, visions and pathworking. Aquarian Sun/Venus in fifth is less expressed in creativity than in the fact that I do not feel myself bound by conventional ideas and legal ties with respect to relationships. However, Sun/Venus are opposed by Pluto in Leo (10th), who forces me to face my truth in all my actions, and also demands intensity of both these planets. Thus, I have not flitted from one relationship to another, as might otherwise be expected; the few relationships I have experienced have all been either transformative or highly toxic.

Apart from the Sun/Venus-Neptune-Pluto-Moon kite as described above, I have a yod with Pluto sextile moon both inconjunct Chiron in the 4th house. The question of roots, or rather, an ability to connect at all with my Polish roots has played a fairly major role in my life.

Incidentally, I came to astrology through astrodrama, where a group enacts the planets in one individual's chart, with respect to an issue or question identified by that individual. It is partly as a result of my experiences in such work that I tend to focus only on major aspects when I do charts. Also because of astrodrama, I do put quite a bit of emphasis on Chiron, because it is amazing how often he becomes the key to the understanding and resolution of an issue.

krys

Minderwiz

Tehuti,

Yes you are right, the eighth is associate with death and taxes (and the property of other people, waste disposal, the occult, big business, etc). Groups, associations, society, hopes and aspirations are indeed eleventh House.

I agree with you in that Saturn does show what we fear and therefore where we look for security. Your second House Satrun would indicate fears or concerns relating to material wealth, talents, skills, etc. Clearly such fears are more likely to be related to situations where these are limited or may not materialise. With Saturn in Scorpio these are likely to be more intense and less rational than say Libra.

The Astrodrama seems very interesting - I'm sure many of us would like to know more about your experiences with this - it looks fascinating.

isthmus nekoi

An article about Aquarius' connections to Tarot:
http://www.stariq.com/Main/Articles/P0001989.HTM

Moongold> hope it's a good 2 weeks!

krys> welcome to the group and thanks for sharing your thoughts. Astrodrama does sound interesting...

Yes, Saturn is very much the Senex (old man archetype), but he's usually the one to get things done which is why we all need him ^_^ Your Pluto also sounds very interesting! I believe he's exalted in Leo...

tehuti

Thank you for the welcome, isthmus nekoi.

Yes, Pluto is exalted in Leo, and the Sun is in detriment in Aquarius, so I guess I never had much chance of resisting plutonian energies!!!

I've had difficulties with Pluto for years. Finally, what I did was to visualise him as a fairly threatening male figure, with smouldering eyes, a long black cloak and a black hat with full brim. Then I transformed him, by clothing him in a suit of golden armour (although I let him keep his cloak over it ;) ). This was in effect saying that I wanted him to become a knight protector, so that his anger would be turned towards rooting out injustice and his intensity and obessiveness towards ever seeking the truth. To my surprise, he smiled at me, accepting his role fully, and I've been somewhat more comfortable with him ever since - not that he ever lets me off the hook entirely, but then that is his role.

Astrodrama - I'll try to answer questions, but it's very much something that can only really be experienced first hand. I think the most amazing thing is how the magic takes over. People do not need to know any astrology. The facilitator introduces the chart briefly, and gives some indication of the character of each planet. People then choose what they want to be. Sometimes, the session starts of fairly stilted, and then, suddenly everyone starts to channel the energy of their planet without thinking about it. The other thing that I have seen over and over again, is that if someone is hiding the real issue, this will always be revealed. One of the most painful astrodramas was for a woman whose partner also took part. She put up some issue. I'm acting her Venus, and all I can do is cry and cry, and it hurts. There is no seeming reason for this, since the issue is not to do with Venus stuff. Then, the other planets start saying things which do not seem to make sense. However, eventually it comes to a point where she blurts out that she is thinking of leaving her partner. Ouch!!! Fortunately, most astrodramas are not quite that heavy. The funniest one was a woman who wanted to know where she should go in her life. She had just had a baby. We all ended up falling asleep during the session - literally - it was her planets' way of telling her that she (and they) were tired because of the baby's demands, and that what she needed more than anything else at the time was not a high and worthy goal but rest!

isthmus nekoi

Would you prefer krys or Tehuti?... I think gold armour is very appropriate given that Pluto's name could be derived from Pluton (wealth).

Mm, yes, I don't think you need to know *anything* about myth or astrology etc to connect up w/archetypal energies. Although sometimes it helps if you do ^_^

tehuti

isthmus nekoi said:
Would you prefer krys or Tehuti?

Either works for me. I know some people like to see a real name as well as an ID, which is why I sometimes sign off in my own name.