Tarot magazines?

Briar Rose

Thank you. This is just what I mean. I love to read before I go to bed.

I wish Solandra would come up with a monthly print for a Tarot magazine. She would make a Fortune!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hint, hint

Glass Owl

I just found a site that is for a magazine called Mysteries Magazine. Has anyone read it and/or subscribed to it?
http://www.mysteriesmagazine.com/

According to their site, "If you have a voracious appetite for stories of lost treasure, are fascinated by the occult, or savor tales of the unexplained, Mysteries Magazine is for you. More than just another New Age journal, Mysteries Magazine is a factual, thought-provoking look into historical mysteries, the unexplained, the paranormal, and alien encounters."

In Issue #9, there was an article about Tarot entitled, "The Fascinating History of the Tarot."
http://www.mysteriesmagazine.com/issues/issue9.html

Briar Rose

kewl magazine, thank you!

MysticTree

What all would you want in a Tarot Magizine?

Would an E-Zine be of interest?

Should the theme each month be a certain deck or a certain card?

What else are you interested in?

MysticTree

Kenny

If it is started with a card per issue plus other subjects around the outside too. Maybe relating to that card or seperate subjects. There would be 78 months of material, pleanty of time to grow and change depending on what market research has to say about the e-zine.

Comparisions between the Golden Dawn, RWS, Thoth, Marsielle and other large selling decks, the guilded for example, would be nice and useful. Maybe notes about astrology, qabalah, symbology and the like as well.

Lewen

I would pretty much be interested in anything tarot related. Artwork, the people behind the decks, perhaps comparisons between decks. The list would be endless.

Briar Rose

Something like the Llewellyn Reader, only on color card stock. I don't kow if a card a month would be toooooooo slow. It would take years to finish a complete deck. Maybe offering a suit a month?

It could have using card combo's, Court cards that are in the spread, a complete suit, Aces, symbols, colors, chakra's and cards, pass life spreads, future spreads, it's happening now and what to do, how to read, how to ask, the stuff we find on here.

Then people could write it, and have articles on experience, opinions, new decks, old decks, out of print decks, I mean the list goes on.

I wish it could be like AT, so I could carry it around with me.

I wouldn't want a e-zine. That's what I have AT for. It's all here. This web site so complete.

Lewen

HeavensVault said:
I wish it could be like AT, so I could carry it around with me.

I wouldn't want a e-zine. That's what I have AT for. It's all here. This web site so complete.

I have to say, I completely agree with you here! :D

Papageno

MysticTree said:
What all would you want in a Tarot Magizine?

Would an E-Zine be of interest?

Should the theme each month be a certain deck or a certain card?

What else are you interested in?

MysticTree

is it your intention to pick up where the Frank Jensen Manteia left off?

just trying to get a sense of which direction you're planning to take this.

MysticTree

Papageno said:
is it your intention to pick up where the Frank Jensen Manteia left off?

just trying to get a sense of which direction you're planning to take this.

I am just testing the waters. I would love to do a paper Tarot Magizine, but that would be a larger project than I could start with. I am leaning towards an EZine that could also be downloaded and printed from a pdf format, that way it could be read easily off-line. I personally perfer to read things like this away from the computer.

I have taken on projects like this before and would love to marry my love of editing with my love of tarot!

MysticTree