Tarot magazines?

Kenny

I think a printable e-zine would be intresting.

If a card-per-month is too long then maybe a number-per-month (Aces, twos, etc.) with the trumps split into 3 or 4 groups?

Lewen

I think a downloadable/printable e-zine would interest me.

MysticTree

I'm glad that there is interest in an E-Zine. However shortly after discussing this idea here and then with some friends, I was told that the funding is available if I want to do this. Not just for an E-Zine, but for a real hand held quarterly issue. I am so excited I can barely breath.

I have spend the last two days running the numbers and the details to make sure that I could really do this. The desiding factor will be the number of people that I can get on a list saying that they want information about the magizine if it comes out.

Wish me luck and give me any ideas you want me to have!

Thanks

MysticTree

Briar Rose

You can count me to sign up!!!

Thank you. I'd love it.

Alan Ross

I would also be very interested.

Papageno

an Ezine would work for me but I would like to see some emphasis on the artists, publishers etc. with ongoing updates as they become available on new titles.
it would be very helpful in this respect since it's very catch-as-catch-can searching for threads and websites hoping not to miss an artists announcement on an expected publication date and it's very time consuming.
if you miss the thread, you're sunk, especially if it's a limited run.

get the artists interested and involved in your Ezine or publication.

Kenny

I would sign up. But it is not those here you need to worry about, really.

I feel those you need to talk to Llwelyn, Weiser, Lo Sacrabe, and the other tarot publishers. If they are happy then you're winning.

MysticTree

Well said Kenny, and that is the next step.

MysticTree

frelkins

a friend of mine last year started a nice quarterly about beverages. she worked with the major players to get advertising and kick-off funding. the issue was distribution.

here you have an advantage: us games, llew., etc. all would love to be your advertisers, and they can also help you with distribution in terms of places like borders and barnes & noble. they can also do cross-promotion with you.

it's certainly in their interest to have an independent magazine on the subject, because that helps to create a broader market and more consistent marketing. by working together with them but keeping good journalistic standards (particularly in reviewing decks) you not only create a nice thing for yourself, but a market space of deep value to readers and publishers.

your value proposition is that while the internet has a ton of tarot info, it is scattered. you have to go to a lot of websites, which takes time. and time is what many people don't have so much of! by unifying tarot information in an attractive, positive, and trustworthy place, you can offer something very helpful to the market.

i'd approach the card publishers right away. good luck!

Lewen

Please put me on the list of those interested in a subscription if such a magazine would be put out.