The Enneagram and the Tarot

Skysteel

The Dreamer said:
Also, the High Priestess would apply more to 4w5 than 4w3.

Maybe...although I always saw the High Priestess as more focused on using intuition to get results i.e. the E4's introspection mixed with the E3s drive to actualise oneself.

The Dreamer said:
Star for 7 and Moon for 4 I think strongly apply.

As 'ideals' of the Types or as the Types in general, do you think?

The Dreamer said:
There could be differences between the "ideal"s of type and types as they are lived. Different cards would apply to those.

I guess I hadn't really thought of that, beyond Healthy/Unhealthy. Interesting.

The Dreamer said:
I wouldn't even say they're [E4s are] honest about themselves.

Well, compared to the other Types - all the Types delude themselves as they become Unhealthy, but E4s are typically self-aware, often painfully so; E4s readily see and acknowledge their own faults, limitations and darker impulses whereas other people are able to put them aside to get stuff done. That's what I meant by honesty, but I suppose its dishonest in the sense that E4s tend to ignore their positive qualities.

The Dreamer said:
And by saying "very healthy 4s are 1s" you mean metaphorically, of course; since we know that people do not change type.

Just to be clear.

Of course.
- :D

The Dreamer said:
The World= The Enneagram

Or, the type's ideal of integration.

Say, in a spread, there could be a range of cards referring to the problems of integration ending in one of the more "ideal" cards for that type, along with The World.

There could be a spread where the pitfalls of disintegration point are addressed, along with what needs to be integrated.

Yes.
- :)

The Dreamer

Strength- the ideal of 8 needed for 5's integration
Star- the ideal of 7 needed for 1's integration
Judgement- the ideal of 1 needed for 4's integration
Lovers- the ideal of 2 needed for 8's integration
Hermit- the ideal of 5 needed for 7's integration
Magician- the ideal of 3 needed for 9's integration
High Priestess- the ideal of 4 needed for 2's integration
Hierophant- the ideal of 6 needed for 3's integration
Temperance- the ideal of 9 needed for 6's integration

Type 4 (The Moon) needs The Sun and and not six of pentacles (aspect of type 2, 4's disintegration) to achieve integration (Judgement)

Loosely.

The Dreamer

4's defintitely ignore their positive qualities, and think they need to do a bunch of things for other people to be loved.

Their honesty is more about emotional honesty, which at times can be at odds with other types of honesty, and which they often keep to themselves, making them appear dishonest to others. :)

I don't know about the High Priestess having to be about using intuition to get results. Maybe.

Skysteel

The Dreamer said:
Strength- the ideal of 8 needed for 5's integration
Star- the ideal of 7 needed for 1's integration
Judgement- the ideal of 1 needed for 4's integration
Lovers- the ideal of 2 needed for 8's integration
Hermit- the ideal of 5 needed for 7's integration
Magician- the ideal of 3 needed for 9's integration
High Priestess- the ideal of 4 needed for 2's integration
Hierophant- the ideal of 6 needed for 3's integration
Temperance- the ideal of 9 needed for 6's integration

Thank you for sharing that!
- :)

I really like the logic you present, and it makes sense to me.

The Dreamer said:
Type 4 (The Moon) needs The Sun and and not six of pentacles (aspect of type 2, 4's disintegration) to achieve integration (Judgement)

Um...what's the 6 of Pentacles again?

The Dreamer said:
4's defintitely ignore their positive qualities, and think they need to do a bunch of things for other people to be loved.

Their honesty is more about emotional honesty, which at times can be at odds with other types of honesty, and which they often keep to themselves, making them appear dishonest to others.

Emotional honesty...yep, that's what I meant to say.

E4s need to cultivate objective honesty at E1 i.e. principles that do not rely on moods and atmosphere (which are by definition subjective and lacking in integrity).

The Dreamer said:
I don't know about the High Priestess having to be about using intuition to get results. Maybe.

Well, the way I see it, the Magician and the High Priestess are two sides of the same coin - the former represents conscious, direct effort that one is aware of, the latter unconscious, indirect effort that one may be unaware of; the goal of both is to find a way forward. The Magician teaches the Fool that by drawing upon inner-reserves (the four objects in his sack) and being consciously involved in the external world (extroversion), progress is made, whereas the High Priestess teaches the Fool that by drawing upon external 'co-incidences', reflecting upon them and letting things flow (introversion), progress is made.

I suppose I actually see the Magician as the archetype of Sensing and the High Priestess as the archetype of Intuition, though, rather than as dividing Extroversion and Introversion.

Fulgour

Please excuse the intrusion, but I was just passing by
and wanted to drop off a strange (related?) poster:

Enneagram View of the 3-Levels
of the Phoenician (Hebrew) Alphabet
©1996 Stan Tenen

http://www.meru.org/Posters/enneagram.html

Just keep in mind that this is not the answer,
or even the question, just a really cool poster!

Lexigrams

interesting thread!

I am into Lexigramming very seriously.
Was not familiar with Enneagrams.
Thanks for the information!