The quickest decision to buy a deck

psychic sue

The first deck I bought, I really didn't have a choice - it was the only one I could find! (long time ago now).

As for two other decks I've got - Rider-Waite because I hadn't had a deck with pip pictures before and the art appealed to me.

Morgan-Greer - my son bought me, and I have to say, I feel this is my soul deck. I really connected with it.

It is definitely the artwork that does it for me. It kind of grabs me straight away.

Its personal preference I suppose.

Sue x

Emily

I usually don't take that much time in deciding that a deck will work with me - but with the Morgan Greer it was a little different :) - it took me 15 months to buy this deck after seeing it and then forgeting all about it. The Morgan Greer is my soul deck too, the second time it was bought to my attention I had it ordered within the hour. I connected to this deck as soon as I saw the first cards on a TV programme. Its a beautiful deck to use, it can shout volumes at you, gut punch you with its honesty.

I buy other decks, the DruidCraft is a beauty too - and when I need a change of scenery I use others but my Morgan Greer is never very far away.

All in all I only have to see a few cards to know if I'll be able to use the deck - but I do still make mistakes, the Liber T and the Victoria Regina come to mind lol

My newest deck is the Bright Idea Deck - now thats thinking outside of the tarot box. :)

Milfoil

I wish people wouldn't start threads like this . . . Look what you made me do now! ;)

I saw it and I had to have it - the Haindl Tarot Deck. Can't wait for it to arrive now.

souljourney

Actually...
A lot of my decks were/are impulse buys.
I am happy with them... but some I use more than others. I immediately connect with some decks right out of the box... Gilded, Fey, World Spirit which I never would have thought to own. Others I've pondered getting, like the Vargo Gothic and then don't immediately connect with.
I wouldn't get rid of any of them though, and do use them all.
SJ

Ahria

Milfoil said:
I wish people wouldn't start threads like this . . . Look what you made me do now! ;)

I saw it and I had to have it - the Haindl Tarot Deck. Can't wait for it to arrive now.

Blame it on me :) I have big shoulders.

Milfoil

Blame it on me I have big shoulders.

Ah well, if blame comes in the form of thanks - you have mine :)

Now whats next on my impulse list? . . . . ;)

Ahria

Milfoil said:
Ah well, if blame comes in the form of thanks - you have mine :)

Now whats next on my impulse list? . . . . ;)

Hmmmm mine is Gilded but it wasn't much of an impulse as I had to order it. But if it was there I would have bought it immediatly. :D

bleuivy

Bumping this thread up to share a brand new impulse-buy story. :)

Last week, I was trolling the boards and read somone mention Kat Stopforth's Universe Cards. Gave them a look in the decks section right here on AT, realized I had a tiny bit of spare cash, and ordered them then and there from the artist. Pretty quick considering that I hadn't even heard of them the day before. Also, this is the first time I've ever shipped change in the mail to pay for something. Somewhat embarrassing, but oh well.

They just arrived today and I do indeed love them. The cards are much bigger than I'm used to, which is a fun change. But the best part is how seamlessly they blend science and intuition. I'm a scientist (or, well, aspire to be a scientist once all my schooling is done), but I am also very much keyed into intuition. These cards combine both, which is something I'dd been looking for. So, in conclusions, I'm glad I made my strange, change-sending inpulse buy. :D

So there's my quickest decision to buy a deck. :)

DarkElectric

Wow, this just happened to me!
A local Wiccan store is going out of business, and all of their stock is on sale. I chanced to be walking by there yesterday, and I remembered they'd had decks for sale, so I went in to see what they had left. Not much, but there was a Londa deck. I had never really seen much of this one, nobody I know uses it. But, there was an open sample deck. I checked it out, and fell absolutely in love with it. I find it very Elven, and quite appealing. The beautiful Londa deck has made it's home here with me now. Not only that, it was 30% off! Woot!

Tabby

Quest Tarot

That's easy. For me it would be the Quest Tarot. I seen reviews and images of it on here and a couple of other websites and was immediately drawn to it. If I remember right I couldn't wait to get it.