"The Star" ~~ Majors only deck by Cathy McClelland

fyreflye

Thanks, Faire Maiden, for the hints. While looking around the site for an e-mail link that would work I found a simple order form page for PayPal and credit card orders and used that. Cathy e-mailed me back an invoice within a few hours and I've made the payment. Others having trouble with the Cart on her Tarot page can use this method no matter what computer OS they work with

GreenMoonBeam

Oh. My. I have joined ya'll. Thank you. What beauty.:love:

eta: The Tower. Does not scare the cr*p out of me.:):

fyreflye

Well, mine came today shipped at top speed and I must say it's arguably the most beautiful set of Trumps I've ever seen. Vibrant colors that no commercial deck could ever attain, attention to minute details (look at the lion's mane on the Strength card,) and an amazing ability to create striking and original fantasy images. Cathy knows and understands Tarot. I'm sure she could have sold this deck to a commercial publisher based on her Trumps alone.
The cards are really too large to use for readings, but they're a good size for scrying and active imagination meditations. But she'll need to reduce the size for the full 78 card deck. A more interesting (and reversible) back would be an improvement, too.
This set is only $30. Anyone who doesn't grab these while they last is just crazy.

Teheuti

fyreflye said:
Well, mine came today shipped at top speed and I must say it's arguably the most beautiful set of Trumps I've ever seen. <snip>
Anyone who doesn't grab these while they last is just crazy.
I agree.

Mary

fyreflye

Teheuti said:
I agree.

Mary

My last sentence of course should have read "doesn't" and I've corrected it.

Celice

I just wanted to bump this thread since today I received this beautiful deck from Cathy. She shipped really quickly and it is clear she has addressed some of the helpful criticism on this deck from earlier in the thread. The corners are now rounded and I think she uses a slightly thicker cardstock (though I don't have the earlier version so I can't compare). The front has a slight gloss to it that helps bring out the color, while the back appears to be matte. A large sized booklet comes with the deck to explain the meanings.

This is one of the most beautiful decks I now own and if a 78 card version is still in the works I'm very excited. The price is now $33 plus shipping but it is definitely worth it. I'm more of a collector of trumps only than someone that reads with them but I can see these cards being used for daily draws or meditation since they are large (about postcard sized).

Here are some pictures of the deck to get an idea of what they look like, they are so vibrant and beautiful in person. I think I've fallen in love with Cathy's art!

Attachments

• stararcana1.jpg
    stararcana1.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 396
  • stararcana2.jpg
    stararcana2.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 137

OctoberGwen

Thanks for bumping this. I'd not seen nor heard of Cathy's art...I ordered the deck immediately. It's gorgeous.

shadowdancer

I have this set, and it is nice indeed. Large postcard sized cards

Davina

americle

I have this set, and it is breathtaking. In fact, I'm purchasing a second set so I can FRAME some of the cards to use as art in my office. :) Tamara