The Tarot of Vampyres

Chiriku

OctoberGwen said:
*arrives outside the tent with more tea and some cookies for shadowdancer and Chiriku*

Here you go, my dears. I must be off; please just ignore that wolf howling out there. It's nothing. Really.

Er, you might want to build a fire outside. I'm just saying.

Bye bye! :D

Oh, my. A few days with the Tarot of Vampyres has really hardened your heart, hasn't it?

Thanks for the cookies, though!

HearthCricket

Le Fanu said:
Dear Readers,

I ordered it. Shipped within 48 hours ;)

I am just so proud of you. lol :D

Seriously speaking, I think you will really enjoy the book, no matter what. It is very deep and extremely well written. It gets you thinking and explores the deck and the meanings of the card on various levels. Beyond the beauty of the lace, the mist, the gorgeous blue, black, green and purple roses, worthy of Rappaccini's garden, this is one of those intriguing decks you keep coming back to and looking at. The eyes staring at us that half welcome us into their world and half look startled as though they are saying "what are you doing here?" One of the questions that constantly runs through my mind while reading or just looking at this deck is one I have never asked myself before. What if I died and became a vampire? Doesn't matter if I believe in them or not. Let's just say they do exist and you have no choice and there you are. Vampire. Who are you? Are you embracing it, fighting in, mourning it, what? Does that reflect who you are now? Of course it does. So then you ask yourself why? What are your own hidden fears and desires? Vampires thirst for blood, but they are not asking you to drink. They are asking you what do you thirst for? This deck is all about shadow. That animalistic side of you, that barbaric yelp, the craving to sometimes howl at the moon or at least wonder why we are so enchanted with it. It drains you to the bottom of your emotions and lays them out at your feet for all to see. You can't hide things from these vampires because they know exactly what you are feeling. They live it day to day. So, for once, you have a safe place to romp in and live on the wild side and see what comes of it!

I look forward to your impressions! Just keep the garlic handy... :D

irisa

Chiriku said:
Well, that was unkind, wasn't it?

Not at all! And certainly not my intention :)

I just saw the weakening of LeFanu at somewhere around page 20. This post could well have been the clincher. :D

Chiriku

irisa said:
Not at all! And certainly not my intention :)

I just saw the weakening of LeFanu at somewhere around page 20. This post could well have been the clincher. :D

Oh, but I did give you a much-deserved "touche!"

And yes, ROFL laughing at that post because it was the very post that really kicked my gnawing indecision into high gear.

Dark chocolate mousse and rustling velvet gowns...oh, dear. This will not end well.

Hemera

shadowdancer said:
(now huddling down with a tent, flask and some snacks to while away the time until someone else joins me on this side of the fence so to speak :D - still not being swayed here)

[calling weakly from the top of the swaying fence]-any tea left for me? It´s getting harder to resist by the minute...
HearthCricket:are the period pictures from the book?

tarot heart

AprilFool said:
Somehow makes me think of the last tree falling in a very large forest. Can't wait to hear your reactions.

You made me spit my coffee! Yes, but, where will we hide if LeFanu doesn't like it? Will the Vampyres come to our rescue? **Bites nails**

Morwenna

I'm still here. :)

BTW, the AT pix are interesting; if I had never seen the earlier scans of the deck I'd have nothing to object to!! The images chosen are NOT the ones with blood! :bugeyed:

Maybe I'll cave, at least to put it on the wish list... actually buying decks is sometimes problematic... :(

hopena

Le Fanu said:
Dear Readers,

I ordered it. Shipped within 48 hours ;)

I thought you would keep holding out, too. :) If anyone had been taking bets, I would have lost...

I want it, thanks to this thread and Tarot Dame, but I can't afford it. (Also, for over a year now, I've been reminding myself that I don't really need them, and feel guilty when I haven't spent much time with the decks I already own.)

I want to get Place's tarot first - I've loved the look of it for the past year, and liked the fact that The Fool was someone entering Dracula's castle. :) Now everyone's talking about the book... and I love companion books, once I finally settle into reading them, as well as new spreads to play with.

hopena

shadowdancer said:
so, I am sitting here alone now :D I will certainly be looking out for your thoughts of the deck once it arrives with interest. I hope you are not disappointed.

(now huddling down with a tent, flask and some snacks to while away the time until someone else joins me on this side of the fence so to speak :D - still not being swayed here)

:laugh: I'm still here, as long as I a) can't afford it, and b) feel guilty about not using my other decks that much. If I do get it, it will be because someone gifted it to me.

HearthCricket

Hemera said:
[calling weakly from the top of the swaying fence]-any tea left for me? It´s getting harder to resist by the minute...
HearthCricket:are the period pictures from the book?

Cerulean posted those. I am not sure where they got them. The book has no pictures in it, except for a few moths and diagrams/charts. The pictures of the cards are not in the book. No room. Pure text. Kudos for Daniels who must have done some amazing research for this companion book.