The Tarot of Vampyres

Hemera

Thanks HC.
With or without the pictures the book does sound like it´s exceptionally good..

I´m still resisting mostly because I don´t know if I can live in the same house with that Magician. It so..I don´t know..camp? cheesy? just plain ugly?

Sulis

shadowdancer said:
so, I am sitting here alone now I will certainly be looking out for your thoughts of the deck once it arrives with interest. I hope you are not disappointed.

(now huddling down with a tent, flask and some snacks to while away the time until someone else joins me on this side of the fence so to speak - still not being swayed here)

hopena said:
:laugh: I'm still here, as long as I a) can't afford it, and b) feel guilty about not using my other decks that much. If I do get it, it will be because someone gifted it to me.

I'm still firmly with you two. I just don't like it and doubt I ever will (and I love vampires, just not really in Tarot Decks)...

It is nice to see a vampire deck that has obviously had a lot of thought put into the symbolism; I just don't care for this type of artwork.

Hemera

Sulis said:
I'm still firmly with you two. I just don't like it and doubt I ever will (and I love vampires, just not really in Tarot Decks)...

It is nice to see a vampire deck that has obviously had a lot of thought put into the symbolism; I just don't care for this type of artwork.

And I´m with you three:) Not quite firmly, but there I am.

ETA: Bonnie Cehovet says there is nudity in this deck but she does not say if it´s just female nudity or both male and female? Just curious })

Cerulean

I think you should auction it if you don't want it--proceeds to AT!

Now silly sir, if funtasy is part of this strange tale, we all want to imagine it was ..."ME"..who lured you over the dark sides...actually La Fanu, you are a very good sport and made this a fun romp...thanks much! !

And if in ones' dreams, your discard can yield so much dash and cash--oh dear friend, that is all part of the fun.

Shall I wish you blessings or cheery and silly doom and gloom? Curious how fast this might be before it flies out of your hands...or stays, languishing like Dorian Gray's portrait in an attic....

Oh---and the period engravings were from the German version of a fictionalized biography from a lady in waiting to the Princess "Lamballe"-- she is noted in some other texts touching on freemasonry and Count Cagliostro. She is said to be an attendant of M.A.

Best

Cerulean
Le Fanu said:
wooah! Hang on, I don't like it yet. Let no-one say I'm not open-minded. Let us simply try...

(If I don't like it I can put it in Trading for $250, maybe sell it to a newbie who doesn't know any better, and everyone will think it's fine. Nobody will mind, will they?)

LotusSong

Le Fanu said:
(If I don't like it I can put it in Trading for $250, maybe sell it to a newbie who doesn't know any better, and everyone will think it's fine. Nobody will mind, will they?)

Oh come on; must you bring up this argument in other threads now? ;_;

On a different note, I'm curious to see what everyone's favorite minor is! It's really hard to pick just one, but I find the Seven of Skulls to be utterly compelling. I love that she's holding on to a sundial. Took me a long time to realize that there was fruit on the ground and not rocks though. :p

Aerin

Le Fanu said:
Dear Readers,

I ordered it. Shipped within 48 hours ;)

So please let me know if I should cancel the deck when you get it. Or keep the deck for collage and read the book.

OR.... find some way of making the edges silver and put it on ebay????

DaughterOfDanu

Hemera said:
ETA: Bonnie Cehovet says there is nudity in this deck but she does not say if it´s just female nudity or both male and female? Just curious })

I believe its just female nudity from the waist up and its fairly classy. The deck doesn't have tons of it and its not unneeded in my opinion. Part of mainstream vampire art and literature is their sensuality and sexuality. So a little nudity adds to the overall nature of the vampire that this deck is trying to get across.

Le Fanu

Cerulean said:
Oh---and the period engravings were from the German version of a fictionalized biography from a lady in waiting to the Princess "Lamballe"-- she is noted in some other texts touching on freemasonry and Count Cagliostro. She is said to be an attendant of M.A.
Oh the ill-fated Princesse de Lambelle. Dear friend of Marie Antoinette torn apart by a baying mob, had her torn-off legs fired from cannons at the Tower where MA was imprisoned. They decapitated her head, daubed the pretty face with make-up and paraded it on a pike, while yelling for MA to come to the window and kiss the lips of her "dear friend". They say MA was spared the grueseome sight of her friend's head bobbing at the window because she promptly fainted.

Seeing as we're all telling horror stories... Fact here being infinitely worse than gothic fiction.

Oh and - go on - see who can guess which single sentence from which post sent me toppling? I dare you all to guess. The single most enabling sentence for the deck. And I bet nobody will get it right. Tomorrow I'll tell you!

rwcarter

Le Fanu said:
Oh and - go on - see who can guess which single sentence from which post sent me toppling? I dare you all to guess. The single most enabling sentence for the deck.
I'll bite -

HearthCricket said:
It explains it wonderfully and is exactly how so many of us might sit next to a river or pond or stare out into the ocean, thinking on the past, wistfully, reflecting and lamenting what has been lost and cannot be retrieved.

Rodney

Le Fanu

Nope })

(I promise this isn't off topic Mr Moderator. It will help with future enabling of this deck. To distill what is good about it.)