The Tarot of Vampyres

Blue Belle

I received my copy today from Book Depository, I ordered it last Saturday.

I've not had chance to look at the cards yet but the book looks really substantial.

Vesper

Hemera said:
And I´m holding out and waiting.. I can´t get over that dreadful Magician guy..And I´m waiting for someone to trade hers/his.. It always happens eventually. Some people order it for the hype but decide not to keep it. (I should know, having done that at least a dozen times myself:p )

I'm waiting, too. It's cheap enough at Amazon that I don't mind getting it new, but I don't want to pay cash for it. I have a credit card that gives me points towards an Amazon GC, and I'm waiting to get enough points so that the deck is "free." At that point I'll probably also get some decks that have been hanging around on my wish list, so the experience will hardly be thrifty.

The wait has made me not want this deck so badly, but I do still want it. There are some cards that make me cringe a little (9 of cups looks like the cover of a supermarket romance novel). But there are some really lovely cards. And I actually like the Magician. Though he kind of looks like he's about to break into a drum solo.

Hemera

evelone said:
The wait has made me not want this deck so badly, but I do still want it.
My sentiments exactly.
I think I will want to one day hold it in my hands and say to myself that I don´t want it after all :p
evelone said:
And I actually like the Magician. Though he kind of looks like he's about to break into a drum solo.
I so wish I´d see something in him that I´d like. He looks like someone who has not been taking his necessary prescribed daily medication for like months.

OctoberGwen

Hemera said:
I so wish I´d see something in him that I´d like. He looks like someone who has not been taking his necessary prescribed daily medication for like months.

Bwahahahaha! That and evalone's comment about the drum solo almost made me spit out my coffee.

turtlebite

I got this deck yesterday and I was showing some cards to my husband. When he saw the magician his response was, "Oh, that's just wrong."

Not my favorite card but I didn't think it was that bad.

Aerin

Le Fanu said:
The Book Depository have done this many times, with virtually every new release recently. It goes up, people buy it, then it goes out of stock and becomes available for pre-order with a "only *** days to go!" I've lost track of how often this has happened.

I'l cancel my order. Might even change my mind about buying it.

They do this a lot and also cancel your order on you only to put it up again for a higher price. Then they lie about it and claim that data protection stops them from discussing it.

I won't buy from them on pre-order because of this (and also because they take the money from your card straight away).

amazon uk refund money without being asked if the price goes down from pre-order - it happened to me. I wouldn't even have noticed.

Book depository can be fine but I don't trust what they tell me.

I am happy to wait for amazon on this occasion.

inanna_tarot

Ok looked at more scans...facebook, here, anywhere that google showed me..

and Im really undecided.

The artwork is amazing and whilst there is a lot of energy in some cards (Like the Sun!) I wonder if theres that really dark, dangerous 'wrong' energy that the BG has.

Mind you, i hate the scans of the BG and its only with the deck in my hands I can see and feel the shades of dark running through the characters minds.

Hmph - completely undecided on this deck, I'm undecided about even being on the fence. ARGH I dont like it!

Le Fanu

inanna_tarot said:
Hmph - completely undecided on this deck, I'm undecided about even being on the fence. ARGH I dont like it!
It's actually hideous. But I felt the cheese and bought it anyway...

irisa

I finally had a very brief reply to my email from Book Depository they *say* it was shipped Friday no more explanation than that and on the order page I'm still showing pre - order status - my card has been charged and of course if they say now it's shipped I can't cancel - so I really don't know. This deck is certainly making me work for it :)

irisa :)

Hemera

inanna_tarot said:
However, if your undead you are beyond the lifeforce and Divine Will, you are with out energy unless you create it. Like a witches chanting raises the energy, the vampire uses pain (the searing pain of holding the cross) and his own 'life force' of the blood that he has drawn of his vein. At that moment you watch the Magician caught between pain beyond belief, burning flesh and smoke pouring from it the stench filling the room, and his Will to raise the energy and magically directing it to his purpose. To think negatively of the pain will effect the potency of the magic, and to let go will mean its all for nothing and he's got a burnt hand to show for it.
Ah, now this is beginning to make some sense. Wow you are good!
Is this in the book of did you figure this out yourself? This is getting *dangerously* interesting...[..going back to check the picture..]

Okay, my next problem is the Hierophant. There is a young woman kneeling humbly in front of a male figure who has the Star of David on his chest?? Huh?? What is that all about? Women being subservient in front of patriarchal figures? :bugeyed: