Where do you read tarot cards?

pluto'sapprentice258

Would doing readings while soaking in the bath tub be considered disrespectful? :-/ Plus, would it affect the accuracy of the readings?

I don't think it would be disrespectful, in fact, it may enhance your reading if you have an affinity with the water element.

Good question, btw...

sladie

You and your room mate (and the patrons at the cafe!) are lucky to have you. I bet my bottom dollar you're a writer. If not, I think you should be. :)

Kinda, I am and I'm not. I write a lot, but most of it is like a journal. Sometimes I do essay's though. People say my communication in my writing isn't very good at portraying the thought's clearly - others say it's because it's soul writing, like poetry. I convey emotion and passion very well... but explaining it is difficult.

I thought the question was "why do you read tarot" since I made a thread "favourite place to read" about a month ago (it's all good) haha.

Places I read the most is on my bed, at the cafe and at my program. I think I could read just about anywhere, and I've never felt unwanted, but sometimes a bit nervous.

I'm lucky they allow me to be who I am. I feel very loved where I am, and it's easy to forget it. I help remind people of that, and they encourage me to keep at it :)

pluto'sapprentice258

I'm lucky they allow me to be who I am. I feel very loved where I am, and it's easy to forget it. I help remind people of that, and they encourage me to keep at it :)

Hey, it usually starts with a journal! :D If you asked me to explain myself verbally, you wouldn't get much. If you asked me to write it down, that's different. I come to life on paper, and, like you, Tarot gave me my life back. That's why I felt you're a writer, I sensed a kindred spirit. :)

You're a sensitive soul, but your spirit guides you to people and situations that'll nurture you, which is another wonderful thing.

If you can convey complex emotions poetically, using abstract language to create clear images, that truly is a skill and a blessing. Most people can convey things clearly :) What you can do is special. Just because some people don't get what you write, doesn't mean the work isn't communicating its intended message. That particular reader just perhaps wasn't the best person to translate your symbols.

:love:

Zedrex

Would doing readings while soaking in the bath tub be considered disrespectful? :-/ Plus, would it affect the accuracy of the readings?

I find that to be an interesting question. The idea of anything associated with a reading by disrespectful to the cards is peculiar to me. People are so precious with their cards - do they really think that sentient angel souls live within them?

I read like I play guitar - wherever I am. And I treat my deck like my guitar too. A tool for outcomes. A tool I give love to - but a tool nonetheless.

The idea that images on card can get offended, or that pomp and ceremony are what's needed to give value to readings is strange to me... but then I'm non-superstitious. I understand that my feelings are not shared widely here.

BrownBear

I find that to be an interesting question. The idea of anything associated with a reading by disrespectful to the cards is peculiar to me. People are so precious with their cards - do they really think that sentient angel souls live within them?

I read like I play guitar - wherever I am. And I treat my deck like my guitar too. A tool for outcomes. A tool I give love to - but a tool nonetheless.

The idea that images on card can get offended, or that pomp and ceremony are what's needed to give value to readings is strange to me... but then I'm non-superstitious. I understand that my feelings are not shared widely here.

Hand up.

I feel the same way. The cards are a tool. They are not sentient. I respect them, but I do not believe they have feelings.

I respect the process of reading tarot and I believe the cards are a tool to access wisdom, but that's as far as I go. I try to keep my cards clean, but I am like that with all of my possessions.

I remember Dusty White saying in a video, "it is a picture on a piece of cardboard!" That is how I see it.

As for reading in the bathtub, I think it's a fantastic idea. You will probably draw a lot of cups.

November's Dawn

Once at a McDonalds, when I was reading for a friend, I was asked to leave or put the cards back in my bag as they said they were a "family place" :-/ After that, I just read cards at home, or maybe parks/wherever there is privacy and I feel comfortable.

P.S. anyone else been ejected?

I can't imagine doing readings in such crowded places. Home is the best solution and maybe park when it's nice weather.

MysticMoonlight

Most of the time, I read tarot while in bed. I love getting the cards spread out and just sitting back and taking it all in, giving things a good study over. Being comfy and relaxed helps my intuition, it seems.

I do read at my altar table pretty often as well.

nisaba

I know it sounds kinda funny to read your cards on an empty stomack but it's actually a very good way how to start your day. :)

<surprised> I wouldn't have thought reading on an empty stomach made any difference unless you're prone to blood-sugar swings, which I'm not. I never think about whether I've eaten or not.

I read in new age shops. In cafes. At home. At friends' places. At bus stops. Wherever I happen to be, whatever time of day it happens to be, and regardless of whether my stomach is empty or full.

FLizarraga

Well, it could affect the physical integrity of the cards themselves, as cardstock and humidity do not mix well.

Unless you use a waterproof deck, of course, in which case the question is moot.